AboutThe Stables is a genuinely relaxing environment. Stone floors, old beams, solid furniture, crackling log fires in winter, fabulous courtyard to lounge in for summer fresco dining. The service is everything you would expect....friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable.
Our real ales are brewed on site in our own micro brewery by our expert head brewer John Taylor who insists on using only the finest ingredients and time-honoured methods to produce a range of beers for traditional and modern tastes alike that are best described as Simply Gorgeous.. The Micro Brewery, produces eight premium quality real ales for you to enjoy in the relaxed atmosphere of the stables or at home as well as in some of the best pubs in the region.
The wine list brings old world and new world together with an emphasis on quality. As for the food, you are in for a treat! Ingredients sourced from local farmers and producers wherever possible, all lovingly brought together to form dishes that are both traditional favourites with a contemporary twist and modern classics.
Welcome to The Stables where real hospitality is the order of the day.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good208
- Renegade-62Leeds, United KingdomGreat restaurant abd bar, great food and fantastic service 10 out of 10.Monday, 26th October 2020We used the Stables during our stay, very clean and the staff were really pleasant and polite, great food and a good selection of food and drink, Read full review
- influencingbusinessStanley, United KingdomWhat a fabulous place! EveryFriday, 30th October 2020What a fabulous place! Every single member of the team acknowledged our presence making us feel very much wanted and cared for. The food was delicious and plentiful, service was outstanding and the... Read full review
- VickiAngel85Bramley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAbsolutely fantastic!Saturday, 31st October 2020We visited after booking a stay at Beamish Hall. This is perfectly located and excellent covid measures have been put in place which made us feel extremely safe. The room is stunning and it added... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Saturday||11:00||- 23:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:30||- 22:30|
Map & Directions
Access via the A1(M) J63 (Chester-le-Street), then follow the signs to Beamish Museum which is approximately 4 miles away. Beamish Hall is a further 700 yards on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Trains, Chester-le-Street, Durham or Newcastle. Bus from Chester-le-Street to Stanley.