AboutThe Stables is a genuinely relaxing environment. Stone floors, old beams, solid furniture, crackling log fires in winter, fabulous courtyard to lounge in for summer fresco dining. The service is everything you would expect....friendly, efficient and very knowledgeable.
Our real ales are brewed on site in our own micro brewery by our expert head brewer John Taylor who insists on using only the finest ingredients and time-honoured methods to produce a range of beers for traditional and modern tastes alike that are best described as Simply Gorgeous.. The Micro Brewery, produces eight premium quality real ales for you to enjoy in the relaxed atmosphere of the stables or at home as well as in some of the best pubs in the region.
The wine list brings old world and new world together with an emphasis on quality. As for the food, you are in for a treat! Ingredients sourced from local farmers and producers wherever possible, all lovingly brought together to form dishes that are both traditional favourites with a contemporary twist and modern classics.
Welcome to The Stables where real hospitality is the order of the day.
- Regional and Miscellaneous We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good205
- polly23mcChester-le-Street, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayVisited The Stables with friendsFriday, 28th February 2020Visited The Stables with friends and can’t recommend it enough. The food was absolutely gorgeous and the staff were super friendly. We all ate off the lunchtime special menu and none of us were... Read full review
- Pandora1950Gateshead, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely LunchFriday, 6th March 2020Visited for lunch today.Lovely woodburner in dining room. 1 steak pie,delicious,one month nice and dumpling the same ,one fish and chips huge fish Captain Ahab would have been proud. Desserts didn't... Read full review
- Travelingjohn123Peterlee, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessGood food for a lunchtimeSunday, 15th March 2020Good food for a lunchtime business meeting. The big room was unavailable but the small meeting rooms upstairs are cosy for 10 or so people. The steak and ale pie was very good. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Saturday||11:00||- 23:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:30||- 22:30|
Map & Directions
Access via the A1(M) J63 (Chester-le-Street), then follow the signs to Beamish Museum which is approximately 4 miles away. Beamish Hall is a further 700 yards on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Trains, Chester-le-Street, Durham or Newcastle. Bus from Chester-le-Street to Stanley.