Whether it’s relaxing next to the fire with a glass of Malt Whisky or dining on our signature Wild Boar Goulash, the Brawn’s Den offers a cosy, rustic country pub feel on the outskirts of Brandon village.
We are a newly refurbished rustic style countryside pub just off A690 at Brandon, and close to Brancepeth village. We serve traditional home cooked food 6 days a week ( Tuesday - Sunday) Our Signature dish is Wild boar goulash, in honour of the infamous wild boar ('the brawn') after which the pub is named. We have a separate dining area, and a bar area where ( well behaved !) dogs are more than welcome. Fresh drinking water is always provided, and doggy dinners are available to purchase.
Our Monstershakes are very popular, as are our Afternoon teas which are served Fridays and Saturdays 12-4 pm ( booking is essential)
Our pub quiz is every Thursday at 9pm with £1 entry and cash prizes to be won. We have an extensive range of malt whiskies, gins and real ales, and we are Cask Marque acredited.
We take great pride in the service that we provide and the quality of food and drink that we serve.
Our food is all cooked on the premises from locally sourced suppliers.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good9
- jackiewH750VZNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFaultless Sunday scranSunday, 30th June 2019We visited for the first time for Sunday lunch. It is in 2 sittings and we arrived for the 2pm sitting - able to enjoy a beverage before ordering our food at the bar. We ordered roast beef which... Read full review
- doxeyeGateshead, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTop food.Sunday, 30th June 2019Top service, very clean ,the food has always been first class from this restaurant, can recommend Sunday lunches, and through the week evening meal, very nice beer Garden...pop along you won't be... Read full review
- B4562Trip Type:FamilySunday LunchSunday, 14th July 2019Booked a table for 5 adults, forgot to mention we woukd have a pushchair and baby..... Not a problem, quick change of seats and we were accommodated. It was very busy but its a pleasant atmosphere so... Read full review
- Guide dogs permitted
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Cater for vegetarians
- Pets accepted
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Tuesday - Friday||12:00||- 14:00|