AboutDining at Lumley Castle is a feast for all the senses. While your eyes delight in the elegant surroundings of our Black Knight restaurant or the sophisticated design of one of our private dining-rooms, your taste buds can savour the glorious flavours of Lumley’s fine food. Our exquisite array of dishes is prepared using only the finest and freshest ingredients and are cooked and presented to perfection.
Subtle lighting, lavish furnishings, unobtrusive yet attentive service makes the Black Knight Restaurant truly memorable. The menu offers classical dishes with an original twist, and a selection so varied that all tastes are catered for. Diners can choose from the Table d’Hote at lunchtime or the Ala Carte menu in the evening, with a fine selection of wines from our extensive cellars available to complement both palate and pocket.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good81
- chloeemily0Barnard Castle, County DurhamTrip Type:CouplesDisappointedMonday, 17th June 2019Came for afternoon tea last week and must admit I have had several in the past at various places and this one was very disappointing on arrival we were greeted by 2 lovely waitresses and showed to a... Read full review
- Barry BHoddesdon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesThings get worse the more functions that are on,Thursday, 27th June 2019Lumley castle - The Black Knight Restaurant As part of our tour we ate in this restaurant every morning for breakfast, this was a mix of buffet for cereals, juices, and pastries, with an a la crate... Read full review
- Tonear69Trip Type:CouplesOur anniversaryMonday, 15th July 2019Came here to have a "nice" evening celebrating our anniversary, cant fault the food at all but the staff was absolutely disgusting ... were given a menu to look at desserts which we were still... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Lunch (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Friday||12:00||- 13:45|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 14:00|
|Dinner (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Friday||18:30||- 21:45|
|Bank Holiday||18:30||- 21:30|
Map & Directions
A1(M) jct 63. Take the turn-off for Chester-le-Street and follow signs for Riverside. You will then pick up signs for Lumley Castle.
Public Transport Directions
By Rail: Durham 7 miles, Newcastle 11 miles.
By Air: Newcastle 19 miles, Durham Tees Valley 33 miles.
By Ferry: Newcastle 14 Miles.