AboutDining at Lumley Castle is a feast for all the senses. While your eyes delight in the elegant surroundings of our Black Knight restaurant or the sophisticated design of one of our private dining-rooms, your taste buds can savour the glorious flavours of Lumley’s fine food. Our exquisite array of dishes is prepared using only the finest and freshest ingredients and are cooked and presented to perfection.
Subtle lighting, lavish furnishings, unobtrusive yet attentive service makes the Black Knight Restaurant truly memorable. The menu offers classical dishes with an original twist, and a selection so varied that all tastes are catered for. Diners can choose from the Table d’Hote at lunchtime or the Ala Carte menu in the evening, with a fine selection of wines from our extensive cellars available to complement both palate and pocket.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good82
- Ian SGreat Service great foodThursday, 15th August 2019Beef Wellington remember to ask for the veg or chips as they are an additional cost, Breakfast fantastic and Buffet is well stocked Read full review
- Karen_Ette_1Loughborough, United KingdomFantastic breakfast if a little priceyMonday, 26th August 2019The Black Knight restaurant is impressive although something seems to be lacking. The staff are very friendly and helpful, but seem a little disorganised and we were often asked by a number of... Read full review
- Janice LDisgusting mouthTuesday, 24th September 2019Arrived Saturday 31st August for afternoon tea which had been a treat off our son , we had been so looking forward to it . Approaching Lumley Castle was lovely with the flowers all in bloom and a hot... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Lunch (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Friday||12:00||- 13:45|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 14:00|
|Dinner (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Friday||18:30||- 21:45|
|Bank Holiday||18:30||- 21:30|
Map & Directions
A1(M) jct 63. Take the turn-off for Chester-le-Street and follow signs for Riverside. You will then pick up signs for Lumley Castle.
Public Transport Directions
By Rail: Durham 7 miles, Newcastle 11 miles.
By Air: Newcastle 19 miles, Durham Tees Valley 33 miles.
By Ferry: Newcastle 14 Miles.