**County Durham's largest outdoor beer garden now open at Hardwick Hall Hotel!**
Make your way downstairs, past the specially commissioned mural, to an exceptional place, The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill at Hardwick Hall Hotel. Nooks and crannies, alcoves and snug corners make this a very relaxing intimate experience. Polished tables, wooden floors, quirky artwork on painted walls you could be in a chic restaurant in Paris. Menu changes seasonally around locally sourced ingredients. Succulent steaks from Hereford Beef, raised on Durham farms are the House Special. Meat is well matured from 28-32 days and can be viewed in the Rib Room meat locker. Service is professional, friendly and unobtrusive. The excellent menu is matched by a sensibly priced substantial wine list offering a wine to complement any menu choice as well as champagnes, dessert wines, port, armagnac and liquors.
The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill 'An excellent restaurant that stands out in their local area. The food is prepared with care, understanding and skill, using good quality ingredients.'
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good27
- Ben-MichelleEnglandGreat steaksSaturday, 26th June 2021Food was excellent. Steaks cooked perfection. My only gripe would be that the menu presented was a limited menu and nothing like the ones on their website. However, they did agree that we could use... Read full review
- MrbojangledMurton, United KingdomWorst Sunday Lunch ever ! No wonder the place is empty they need to get a chef who can cook and who also tastes the foodSunday, 8th August 2021Went here for Sunday lunch today it was shocking. The prawn cocktails were utterly tasteless. The beef was topside but was not cooked slow enough and was tough as old boots. The vegetables were... Read full review
- JoshuaQuinn1234Trip Type:CouplesNice food at a reasonable priceSunday, 15th August 2021The food was nice, service was quick and professional at a reasonable price. Would have tipped if they accepted card tips but they only accept cash and I didn't have any. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||18:00||- 22:00|
|Bank Holiday||18:00||- 22:00|
Map & Directions
Just north of the A177/A689 roundabout at Sedgefield, a few minutes from the A1(M) jct 60 or the A19. Follow the A177 north for 200 metres from the roundabout towards Durham and our driveway is on your left.
Public Transport Directions
Buses from Durham and Darlington to Sedgefield (town).