**County Durham's largest outdoor beer garden now open at Hardwick Hall Hotel!**
Make your way downstairs, past the specially commissioned mural, to an exceptional place, The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill at Hardwick Hall Hotel. Nooks and crannies, alcoves and snug corners make this a very relaxing intimate experience. Polished tables, wooden floors, quirky artwork on painted walls you could be in a chic restaurant in Paris. Menu changes seasonally around locally sourced ingredients. Succulent steaks from Hereford Beef, raised on Durham farms are the House Special. Meat is well matured from 28-32 days and can be viewed in the Rib Room meat locker. Service is professional, friendly and unobtrusive. The excellent menu is matched by a sensibly priced substantial wine list offering a wine to complement any menu choice as well as champagnes, dessert wines, port, armagnac and liquors.
The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill 'An excellent restaurant that stands out in their local area. The food is prepared with care, understanding and skill, using good quality ingredients.'
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good27
- RiverloverxNottinghamshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent meal in lovely restaurantSaturday, 10th June 2023Attentive knowledgeable hardworking staff . Nice menu. Delicious food. Reasonable prices. Nice room. Would highly recommend. Thank you Read full review
- Dredgesx4NEWell worth a visitFriday, 29th September 2023We ate at the Rib Room using the restaurant week offer. Really good food, served promptly and efficiently by the staff team. Highlights were the pork starter and creme brulee with melt in the mouth... Read full review
- Alefiyah RPoor FoodTuesday, 24th October 2023On 22 Oct 23 , we visited the Rib Room at Hadwick Hall , Sedgefield for dinner . The food was pretty average . We order the White Crab and Avocado Tian with Beetroot and wholemeal toast for a... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||18:00||- 22:00|
|Bank Holiday||18:00||- 22:00|
Map & Directions
Just north of the A177/A689 roundabout at Sedgefield, a few minutes from the A1(M) jct 60 or the A19. Follow the A177 north for 200 metres from the roundabout towards Durham and our driveway is on your left.
Public Transport Directions
Buses from Durham and Darlington to Sedgefield (town).