AboutMake your way downstairs, past the specially commissioned mural, to an exceptional place, The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill at Hardwick Hall Hotel. Nooks and crannies, alcoves and snug corners make this a very relaxing intimate experience. Polished tables, wooden floors, quirky artwork on painted walls you could be in a chic restaurant in Paris. Menu changes seasonally around locally sourced ingredients. Succulent steaks from Hereford Beef, raised on Durham farms are the House Special. Meat is well matured from 28-32 days and can be viewed in the Rib Room meat locker. Service is professional, friendly and unobtrusive. The excellent menu is matched by a sensibly priced substantial wine list offering a wine to complement any menu choice as well as champagnes, dessert wines, port, armagnac and liquors.
The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill 'An excellent restaurant that stands out in their local area. The food is prepared with care, understanding and skill, using good quality ingredients.'
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good26
- Janice CPaphos, Paphos, CyprusTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellent diningThursday, 17th January 2019We went early evening so were the first diners in the restaurant. Food was just beautiful and presented well on the plate. Will definitely return Read full review
- danwF8541WMHartlepool, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayValue for money???Tuesday, 19th February 2019Myself and a mutual friend went to the Rib Room as I have never been there before and thought it would be worth trying. I have been to the bar area and got afternoon tea etc and it was not bad to be... Read full review
- Chris FNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood food, nice ambianceWednesday, 19th June 2019We chose from the ‘specials’ menu which was an excellent choice. Great service, food was very good and well worth the set price. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||18:00||- 22:00|
|Bank Holiday||18:00||- 22:00|
Map & Directions
Just north of the A177/A689 roundabout at Sedgefield, a few minutes from the A1(M) jct 60 or the A19. Follow the A177 north for 200 metres from the roundabout towards Durham and our driveway is on your left.
Public Transport Directions
Buses from Durham and Darlington to Sedgefield (town).