Hardwick Hall Hotel - Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill
Tel: +44 01740 620253
**County Durham's largest outdoor beer garden now open at Hardwick Hall Hotel!**
Make your way downstairs, past the specially commissioned mural, to an exceptional place, The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill at Hardwick Hall Hotel. Nooks and crannies, alcoves and snug corners make this a very relaxing intimate experience. Polished tables, wooden floors, quirky artwork on painted walls you could be in a chic restaurant in Paris. Menu changes seasonally around locally sourced ingredients. Succulent steaks from Hereford Beef, raised on Durham farms are the House Special. Meat is well matured from 28-32 days and can be viewed in the Rib Room meat locker. Service is professional, friendly and unobtrusive. The excellent menu is matched by a sensibly priced substantial wine list offering a wine to complement any menu choice as well as champagnes, dessert wines, port, armagnac and liquors.
The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill 'An excellent restaurant that stands out in their local area. The food is prepared with care, understanding and skill, using good quality ingredients.'
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good27
- JoshuaQuinn1234Trip Type:CouplesNice food at a reasonable priceSunday, 15th August 2021The food was nice, service was quick and professional at a reasonable price. Would have tipped if they accepted card tips but they only accept cash and I didn't have any. Read full review
- H3483MXandreasTrip Type:FamilyStunning food, friendly staff and great atmosphere.Monday, 22nd November 2021I'm that annoying family member that insists on trying everyone else's food so I can review quite a lot. Here goes: Gnocchi with mushrooms was beautiful, it's great veggie option and that sauce! I... Read full review
- amadablammbYork, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDelicious mealMonday, 21st February 2022Both the vegetarian and meat options were perfect. There is an extensive and well-priced wine list which the staff are knowledgeable about. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Monday - Sunday||18:00||- 22:00|
|Bank Holiday||18:00||- 22:00|
Map & Directions
Just north of the A177/A689 roundabout at Sedgefield, a few minutes from the A1(M) jct 60 or the A19. Follow the A177 north for 200 metres from the roundabout towards Durham and our driveway is on your left.
Public Transport Directions
Buses from Durham and Darlington to Sedgefield (town).