AboutMake your way downstairs, past the specially commissioned mural, to an exceptional place, The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill at Hardwick Hall Hotel. Nooks and crannies, alcoves and snug corners make this a very relaxing intimate experience. Polished tables, wooden floors, quirky artwork on painted walls you could be in a chic restaurant in Paris. Menu changes seasonally around locally sourced ingredients. Succulent steaks from Hereford Beef, raised on Durham farms are the House Special. Meat is well matured from 28-32 days and can be viewed in the Rib Room meat locker. Service is professional, friendly and unobtrusive. The excellent menu is matched by a sensibly priced substantial wine list offering a wine to complement any menu choice as well as champagnes, dessert wines, port, armagnac and liquors.
The Rib Room Steakhouse & Grill 'An excellent restaurant that stands out in their local area. The food is prepared with care, understanding and skill, using good quality ingredients.'
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good27
- chappers21Stockton-on-Tees, United KingdomNot so GoodWednesday, 25th September 2019We had purchased a new car and been given a voucher for a 2 course meal for 2 people at Hardwick or Ramside Hall. On arrival we were told that despite the fact that our voucher stated 2 courses it in... Read full review
- JSTheIrishRoverHartlepool, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyReally disappointingFriday, 27th September 2019I took my wife and daughter to The Rib Room for the 1st time last night (Thursday) at Hardwick Hall. I ordered a rib eye -over cooked and not very nice tasting meat, my daughter ordered a fillet... Read full review
- PieterB63Desford, United KingdomGreat meal but need to do something about the heatTuesday, 8th October 2019We booked dinner at the rib room when we were staying at Hardwick hall for the weekend. The restaurant is located in the basement of the hotel and retains a lot of the olde world charm of the rest of... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||18:00||- 22:00|
|Bank Holiday||18:00||- 22:00|
Map & Directions
Just north of the A177/A689 roundabout at Sedgefield, a few minutes from the A1(M) jct 60 or the A19. Follow the A177 north for 200 metres from the roundabout towards Durham and our driveway is on your left.
Public Transport Directions
Buses from Durham and Darlington to Sedgefield (town).