AboutHardwick Hall is one of the most beautifully situated country house hotels in the North East. Once the home of Lord Boyne, and dating back to the 13thC, it stands in 120 acres of superb English parkland, yet is only 5 minutes from both the A1(M) and the A19. Recently had a 4 million pound investment and can now offer accommodation of the very highest quality.
Our brand new conference and banqueting complex, The Coleman Suite with its glittering chandeliers can seat up to 500 people.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£99.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£99.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite bathroom||£99.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy from £99
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good370
- hendomaniaLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesComfortable accommodation at a wedding venueTuesday, 26th April 2022Stayed when i visited Durham, which is about 10 miles away. Very handy for the motorway. Set in its own grounds and close to a country park with a lake. Plenty of parking. Room was very large and... Read full review
- mandy wDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySunday lunchSunday, 8th May 2022Had a lovely Sunday lunch today at Hardwick Hall Hotel. They were kind enough to honour a voucher which ran out during lockdown. The restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive and the kitchen... Read full review
- John TColchester, United KingdomExcellent facilities, but!Wednesday, 11th May 2022Overall our stay was very good. Our hotel room was spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was impressive with an excellent shower. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food including... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 12
- Hot Tub
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
Map & Directions
From A1M junction 60 left onto A689 towards Sedgefield, left at next roundabout, over roundabout and driveway on the left.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 15 miles
From Durham or Darlington join A1(M), turn off at junction 60 and follow A689 to Sedgefield, at the first roundabout take the first left onto the A177 then straight over next roundabout, after 80 yds take left turn.