Come and visit our tranquil Botanic Garden nestled on the edge of Durham City. Freshly prepared sandwiches using Northumberland Cheddar or a local Durham ham make this café a destination venue.
Jacket potatoes, soup and toasties extend the menu or take our classic afternoon treat – freshly baked scones and slices of indulgent cake.
We offer something for everyone.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good159
- star-swanDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyIncredible LumiereTuesday, 19th November 2019Visited as part of the Lumiere festival. The 20 installations were incredible. A wonderland of surprises, with fairytale lighting, humour, sound, illusions, art and mechanical birds travelling... Read full review
- BasingstoneHampshire, United KingdomObviously wrong time of yearFriday, 6th December 2019We went with the hope of seeing some excellent gardening but were disappointed as most of the exhibits/gardens appeared unkempt/out of season. The best part was the arboretum with some good specimens... Read full review
- peachy352NewcastleTrip Type:FamilyLovely grounds, friendly staff and tasty foodFriday, 28th February 2020Came here with a couple of friends, a four year old and two babies. There was a spotting guide for the four year old to follow which was great. The food was reasonably price and tasty. Staff were... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open Nov-Feb, 1000-1600; Mar-Oct, 1000-1700. closed Christmas and New Year.