We are lucky - and very proud - to be based in an area with many outstanding local food and drink producers and we love to share what’s good about Durham County with our guests.
At the Honest Lawyer we put our money where our mouth is, using the very best locally sourced ingredients in all our dishes, from North Sea cod to Black Sheep Brewery beer, to support local producers and keep our food miles down.
Bailey's is our highly regarded, AA Rosette formal dining restaurant and is open from Noon until 9.30pm Monday-Saturday and until 8.30pm on Sundays.
Our head chef Harry Bailey leads a dedicated and talented team who produce an original a la carte menu of seasonal dishes each day, all served by our professional and friendly staff. Daily menus include a range of delicious starters and main courses, vegetarian options, tapas, house favourites and locally sourced steak off the grill, showcasing the best produce County Durham has to offer.
Our extremely popular Sunday Lunch is renowned in the area and we encourage guests to book ahead to avoid disappointment.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|a la carte (Main Course)||£12.95 average price per head|
|Lunch||£12.95 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£11.95 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- AA AA 1 Rosette 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good436
- krise888Visiting for 12 years and still going.Tuesday, 29th September 2020We've been visiting monthly for 12 years now and still return for more visits. Ideally located for the city centre (when it's open) but still such a warm welcome from the GM and the team make it such... Read full review
- SheenaEWDurham, United KingdomDog Friendly & People Friendly HotelSunday, 11th October 2020Clean, comfortable rooms. Friendly welcome on arrival and great fuss of our two dogs. Allowed to take dogs in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Even provided a sausage for the dogs. Archie and... Read full review
- 904WilliamHDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAfternoon Tea 👌Sunday, 15th November 2020Went with my wife for a cheeky afternoon tea as her friend couldn’t go as arranged. I really glad that she couldn’t as this was a fantastic treat and we enjoyed every morsel. You must give it a... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2019 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Saturday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|