We are lucky - and very proud - to be based in an area with many outstanding local food and drink producers and we love to share what’s good about Durham County with our guests.
At the Honest Lawyer we put our money where our mouth is, using the very best locally sourced ingredients in all our dishes, from North Sea cod to Black Sheep Brewery beer, to support local producers and keep our food miles down.
Bailey's is our highly regarded, AA Rosette formal dining restaurant and is open from Noon until 9.30pm Monday-Saturday and until 8.30pm on Sundays.
Our head chef Harry Bailey leads a dedicated and talented team who produce an original a la carte menu of seasonal dishes each day, all served by our professional and friendly staff. Daily menus include a range of delicious starters and main courses, vegetarian options, tapas, house favourites and locally sourced steak off the grill, showcasing the best produce County Durham has to offer.
Our extremely popular Sunday Lunch is renowned in the area and we encourage guests to book ahead to avoid disappointment.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|a la carte (Main Course)||£12.95 average price per head|
|Lunch||£12.95 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£11.95 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- AA AA 1 Rosette 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good435
- Adam RPolite staff, good service, average accommodationWednesday, 19th February 2020Stayed for a night in one of the better rooms in the main building. Carpet needed refurbishing but otherwise comfortable and clean. Quite spacious. Unfortunately the hot water died in the evening... Read full review
- alanpZ9904WUTrip Type:Friends getawayGrand day outSaturday, 29th February 2020Can't speak to highly of this restaurant, Sunday roast OK quite common but quality and value just excellent. Then to mention the staff, they made us feel really at home friendly and chatty made the... Read full review
- G2768LDhelenwWest Boldon, United KingdomLovely placeSunday, 26th July 2020Lovely hotel, but what makes it is the staff , all very friendly, apart from 1 lady who was miserable but the others made up for her, hotel rooms nice, clean, pub and restaurant very nice, all over a... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Saturday||12:00||- 21:30|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 21:30|