AboutCelebrating Food from our local suppliers is in our DNA - A warm welcome awaits you at The Old Post Office; luxurious rooms, comfort and delicious food in a charming characterful bed & breakfast.
We believe in the virtue of local excellent quality ingredients and Northumberland and Durham have an abundance of fabulous ingredients. Sometimes we can be too secret about them but not at The Old Post Office, Lanchester.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when your body is willing and able to accept its dose of nutrients after a fasting period. Eggs have been a long standing tradition for breakfast dating back for centuries and no wonder. Our ‘Ladies’ provide us with their bounty of fresh, free range eggs to go along with homemade sausages from Paul, our Butcher next door, our Craster Kippers and Smoked Salmon from our Fish Merchant Ian and our friend Lesley, the homemade baker, for our bread and biscuits.
Many have tried and tasted the true difference – why don’t you - you will be most welcome.
A superior residence in the vibrant village of Lanchester, County Durham some 7 miles from historic Durham City. Located in the valley of the River Browney, a tributary of the River Wear, which runs through Durham. Easy access to many visitor attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Living History Museum and the Durham Dales.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family en suite||£135.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Black - Superking Double or twin en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Red - 4 Poster King en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Two Pence Blue - Double/Family en suite||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £75.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- AA AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- RicciTLancaster, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayCouldn’t top it!Sunday, 25th July 2021My friend and I were cycling the coast to coast on our e-bikes and needed a place to stay for the final leg of our journey. Although a little out of our way, it sounded like it would suit our needs... Read full review
- 890mathewgNewmarket, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely StaySunday, 1st August 2021This was a perfect stopover on our way to Scotland. We had a very warm welcome and were were well looked after by our hosts, Keith and Pauline. The room was lovely and we had one of the best... Read full review
- Johwill2161Glasgow, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAn outstanding place to staySunday, 29th August 2021This B&B exceeded our expectations on all fronts. Our visit started with a warm welcome; we stayed in a very well equipped and comfortable bedroom and we had an outstanding breakfast. A great deal... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for walkers
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|