AboutCelebrating Food from our local suppliers is in our DNA - A warm welcome awaits you at The Old Post Office; luxurious rooms, comfort and delicious food in a charming characterful bed & breakfast.
We believe in the virtue of local excellent quality ingredients and Northumberland and Durham have an abundance of fabulous ingredients. Sometimes we can be too secret about them but not at The Old Post Office, Lanchester.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when your body is willing and able to accept its dose of nutrients after a fasting period. Eggs have been a long standing tradition for breakfast dating back for centuries and no wonder. Our ‘Ladies’ provide us with their bounty of fresh, free range eggs to go along with homemade sausages from Paul, our Butcher next door, our Craster Kippers and Smoked Salmon from our Fish Merchant Ian and our friend Lesley, the homemade baker, for our bread and biscuits.
Many have tried and tasted the true difference – why don’t you - you will be most welcome.
A superior residence in the vibrant village of Lanchester, County Durham some 7 miles from historic Durham City. Located in the valley of the River Browney, a tributary of the River Wear, which runs through Durham. Easy access to many visitor attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Living History Museum and the Durham Dales.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family en suite||£135.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Black - Superking Double or twin en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Red - 4 Poster King en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Two Pence Blue - Double/Family en suite||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £75.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- nigel_duthieFifeXMAS STOPOVER DELIGHTThursday, 30th December 2021We were driving to SE England from Fife for a family Christmas, and randomly selected the Old Post Office as a stopping off point. What a great decision that was. From arrival to departure, we were... Read full review
- lynnemcelreaStrabane, United KingdomAn excellent 2 night stay in 'Penny Black'Friday, 18th February 2022The owners have created a comfortable and welcoming bed and breakfast with superb attention to detail. They have managed to effortlessly combine modern conveniences such as a large walk-in shower... Read full review
- doreene525Trip Type:CouplesBrilliant place!Friday, 10th June 2022This place really was a find. We stayed there as we were visiting Beamish which is close. We were so glad that we did. We had a lovely welcome from Keith who was full of information about where to... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for walkers
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|