AboutCelebrating Food from our local suppliers is in our DNA - A warm welcome awaits you at The Old Post Office; luxurious rooms, comfort and delicious food in a charming characterful bed & breakfast.
We believe in the virtue of local excellent quality ingredients and Northumberland and Durham have an abundance of fabulous ingredients. Sometimes we can be too secret about them but not at The Old Post Office, Lanchester.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when your body is willing and able to accept its dose of nutrients after a fasting period. Eggs have been a long standing tradition for breakfast dating back for centuries and no wonder. Our ‘Ladies’ provide us with their bounty of fresh, free range eggs to go along with homemade sausages from Paul, our Butcher next door, our Craster Kippers and Smoked Salmon from our Fish Merchant Ian and our friend Lesley, the homemade baker, for our bread and biscuits.
Many have tried and tasted the true difference – why don’t you - you will be most welcome.
A superior residence in the vibrant village of Lanchester, County Durham some 7 miles from historic Durham City. Located in the valley of the River Browney, a tributary of the River Wear, which runs through Durham. Easy access to many visitor attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Living History Museum and the Durham Dales.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 28th Jan 2021
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 29th Jan 2021
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family en suite||£145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Black - Superking Double or twin en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Red - 4 Poster King en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Two Pence Blue - Double/Family en suite||£115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £75.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- AA AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good9
- Rose WHorsham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOutstanding B&BFriday, 2nd October 2020This is an excellent B&B with lots of “extras” like coffee machine and selection of coffees, homemade biscuits, torches and earplugs, wine and water glasses and teacups as well as mugs. Very... Read full review
- Freeman172Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWonderful overnight staySunday, 1st November 2020Being quite local to Lanchester I didn’t know this wonderful place existed. It was my husbands birthday and we were going for a meal at a nearby restaurant and rather than taxi backwards and... Read full review
- 368antonyhTrip Type:BusinessGreat place to stayFriday, 20th November 2020On a short 2 day work trip me and a colleague stayed here for 2 nights,we were late to check in and up early but this was no problem,run by a lovely couple we were shown where everything was and how... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for walkers
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|