AboutCelebrating Food from our local suppliers is in our DNA - A warm welcome awaits you at The Old Post Office; luxurious rooms, comfort and delicious food in a charming characterful bed & breakfast.
We believe in the virtue of local excellent quality ingredients and Northumberland and Durham have an abundance of fabulous ingredients. Sometimes we can be too secret about them but not at The Old Post Office, Lanchester.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when your body is willing and able to accept its dose of nutrients after a fasting period. Eggs have been a long standing tradition for breakfast dating back for centuries and no wonder. Our ‘Ladies’ provide us with their bounty of fresh, free range eggs to go along with homemade sausages from Paul, our Butcher next door, our Craster Kippers and Smoked Salmon from our Fish Merchant Ian and our friend Lesley, the homemade baker, for our bread and biscuits.
Many have tried and tasted the true difference – why don’t you - you will be most welcome.
A superior residence in the vibrant village of Lanchester, County Durham some 7 miles from historic Durham City. Located in the valley of the River Browney, a tributary of the River Wear, which runs through Durham. Easy access to many visitor attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Living History Museum and the Durham Dales.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family en suite||£145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Black - Superking Double or twin en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Red - 4 Poster King en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Two Pence Blue - Double/Family en suite||£115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £75.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good9
- Ajrjret65Lancashire, United KingdomLovely StayMonday, 24th June 2019quiet and peaceful stay for two nights at the Old post office, breakfast was good and Keith is a great host,bedroom was lovely. Ideal for Beamish and Durham Cathederal,would definetly stay again on... Read full review
- MistycatsKendal, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely placeThursday, 27th June 2019Stayed here on the 21st 22nd June smashing little place, keith and pauline couldn’t make you feel more at home, breakfast is amazing everything locally sourced, would highly recommend, andy Debbie... Read full review
- cathrynt48Farnham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat location, great spotFriday, 28th June 2019We stayed 3 nights in a delightfully quiet room, Penny Red, and found the room well serviced and comfortable. Home made biccies and fresh milk for our tea was a nice surprise. Chocolates too, a real... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for walkers
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|