AboutCelebrating Food from our local suppliers is in our DNA - A warm welcome awaits you at The Old Post Office; luxurious rooms, comfort and delicious food in a charming characterful bed & breakfast.
We believe in the virtue of local excellent quality ingredients and Northumberland and Durham have an abundance of fabulous ingredients. Sometimes we can be too secret about them but not at The Old Post Office, Lanchester.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when your body is willing and able to accept its dose of nutrients after a fasting period. Eggs have been a long standing tradition for breakfast dating back for centuries and no wonder. Our ‘Ladies’ provide us with their bounty of fresh, free range eggs to go along with homemade sausages from Paul, our Butcher next door, our Craster Kippers and Smoked Salmon from our Fish Merchant Ian and our friend Lesley, the homemade baker, for our bread and biscuits.
Many have tried and tasted the true difference – why don’t you - you will be most welcome.
A superior residence in the vibrant village of Lanchester, County Durham some 7 miles from historic Durham City. Located in the valley of the River Browney, a tributary of the River Wear, which runs through Durham. Easy access to many visitor attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Living History Museum and the Durham Dales.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 21st Mar 2019
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 22nd Mar 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family en suite||£145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Black - Superking Double or twin en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Red - 4 Poster King en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Two Pence Blue - Double/Family en suite||£115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £75.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- durhamlassesdurhamTrip Type:CouplesA gem of a b&bSaturday, 5th January 2019Stayed here new years eve for one night in the penny red room. The attention to detail is fabulous and from the hospitality tray to the bedding, everything was top notch. Breakfast was lovely, local... Read full review
- Classic_FM_listenersFrankfurt, GermanyTrip Type:CouplesKeith and his wife are very nice, warm-hearted and funny hosts!!!Saturday, 12th January 2019On our trip around northern England we spent two nights in the Two Pence Blue Room. The next night in the next town was already booked, otherwise we would have stayed longer!! Marvelous accomodation... Read full review
- bernadette dOxford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHome from homeTuesday, 29th January 2019This review is a bit late x stayed here for a night with my small children and what a pleasent stay we had. Keith and his lovely wife was so kind and friendly and great with with kids.they even made... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for walkers
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|