AboutCelebrating Food from our local suppliers is in our DNA - A warm welcome awaits you at The Old Post Office; luxurious rooms, comfort and delicious food in a charming characterful bed & breakfast.
We believe in the virtue of local excellent quality ingredients and Northumberland and Durham have an abundance of fabulous ingredients. Sometimes we can be too secret about them but not at The Old Post Office, Lanchester.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when your body is willing and able to accept its dose of nutrients after a fasting period. Eggs have been a long standing tradition for breakfast dating back for centuries and no wonder. Our ‘Ladies’ provide us with their bounty of fresh, free range eggs to go along with homemade sausages from Paul, our Butcher next door, our Craster Kippers and Smoked Salmon from our Fish Merchant Ian and our friend Lesley, the homemade baker, for our bread and biscuits.
Many have tried and tasted the true difference – why don’t you - you will be most welcome.
A superior residence in the vibrant village of Lanchester, County Durham some 7 miles from historic Durham City. Located in the valley of the River Browney, a tributary of the River Wear, which runs through Durham. Easy access to many visitor attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Living History Museum and the Durham Dales.
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 5th July 2020
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 6th July 2020
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family en suite||£145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Black - Superking Double or twin en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Red - 4 Poster King en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Two Pence Blue - Double/Family en suite||£115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £75.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good9
- Jrawlin22Trip Type:CouplesJ lisleWednesday, 12th February 2020Stayed overnight , lovely bed and breakfast ,hosts Keith and Pauline are lovely nothing too much trouble ,breakfast excellent and rooms very comfortable ,it was our second visit but it won't be our... Read full review
- paulinets2016Chorley, United KingdomLovely relaxing stayFriday, 14th February 2020Stayed overnight for my husband's birthday . Pauline and Keith were welcoming and lovely hosts . We were hoping to walk on the Lanchester railway path but the weather stopped us . Our room ( Penny... Read full review
- swaroops853Trip Type:FamilyDurham Uni Open Day visitFriday, 21st February 2020The old post office bed and breakfast was really nice, old fashioned and comfortable. Keith and Pauline were wonderful hosts playing attention to the smallest details like fresh milk for teas and... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for walkers
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|