Celebrating Food from our local suppliers is in our DNA - A warm welcome awaits you at The Old Post Office; luxurious rooms, comfort and delicious food in a charming characterful bed & breakfast.
We believe in the virtue of local excellent quality ingredients and Northumberland and Durham have an abundance of fabulous ingredients. Sometimes we can be too secret about them but not at The Old Post Office, Lanchester.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day when your body is willing and able to accept its dose of nutrients after a fasting period. Eggs have been a long standing tradition for breakfast dating back for centuries and no wonder. Our ‘Ladies’ provide us with their bounty of fresh, free range eggs to go along with homemade sausages from Paul, our Butcher next door, our Craster Kippers and Smoked Salmon from our Fish Merchant Ian and our friend Lesley, the homemade baker, for our bread and biscuits.
Many have tried and tasted the true difference – why don’t you - you will be most welcome.
A superior residence in the vibrant village of Lanchester, County Durham some 7 miles from historic Durham City. Located in the valley of the River Browney, a tributary of the River Wear, which runs through Durham. Easy access to many visitor attractions such as Durham Cathedral, Beamish Living History Museum and the Durham Dales.
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 5th Dec 2023
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 6th Dec 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family en suite||£135.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Black - Superking Double or twin en suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penny Red - 4 Poster King en suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Two Pence Blue - Double/Family en suite||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy from £85.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good9
- astonsPerth and Kinross, United KingdomNice stay- happy to recommendTuesday, 13th June 2023Nice B&B, good big rooms and comfortable beds. Lovely little village and good restaurants to choose from . Italian was very good. Great hosts, very attentive and helpful, couldn't ask for more... Read full review
- cliffo2345The Old Post Office Lanchester - Quality, character and comfort.Tuesday, 8th August 2023I first discovered Lanchester from the saddle of my bike, on the excellent Waskerly Way bicycle path. On this occasion I detoured to my favourite coffee shop, the Serendipity Cafe, just yards from... Read full review
- CharlesNurseLangley City, CanadaTrip Type:CouplesGreat location for visiting DurhamSaturday, 16th September 2023Loved our stay. This lovely bed and breakfast has three spacious rooms . Keith is a gracious host and the breakfasts were really delicious, using all local products. My wife and I heartily recommend... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 2
- WiFi Available
- Special provisions for walkers
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|