St Johns College
Tel: +44 0191 3343500
St John's College is situated in the historic heart of the ancient city of Durham, within a World Heritage site. Only a stone's throw away from Durham Cathedral, our College boasts a series of interconnected Georgian houses, as well as secluded gardens and lawns stretching down to the River Wear.
We offer friendly and efficient service, comfortable accommodation, excellent food and an ideal base for exploring the surrounding area. Facilities include a gym and a range of meeting rooms. Whether you are organising a large conference or function, or you just want to stay for bed and breakfast on your next visit to Durham, our team will be delighted to discuss your requirements with you – just give us a call or drop us a line on email@example.com.
The College was founded in 1909 and is one of the oldest Colleges at Durham University. Former occupants of the buildings include the widow of Dean Whittingham, translator of the Geneva Bible (quoted by Shakespeare), and the Bowes-Lyon and Eden families. A regular visitor was Alice Liddell – the inspiration for Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland.
Standard, ensuite and family rooms available (accommodating families of 3 or 4).
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Ensuite Double/Twin||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Ensuite Single||£65.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Family Room/Triple||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Standard shared facilities||£55.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin Standard shared facilities||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available - Accessed via three steps - hand rail available
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms are non-smoking rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Offsite - Parking available for coaches in the Sands coach park
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accept coach parties
- Cater for groups
- Cater for individuals
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities - Available on request
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - 1
- Separate guests' lounge
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Adjacent to Durham Castle and Cathedral. World Heritage Site.
- WiFi Available
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Church groups and schools
- Special provisions for cyclists - Bike shed available.
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Available Easter and Summer vacations only.
Map & Directions
From A1(M) jct 62 Take A690 to Durham, 2nd roundabout, 2nd exit to the market place. Through the traffic lights and on to the Bailey.
Public Transport Directions
Durham Cathedral bus which links the cathedral, market place, railway station, North Road bus station and coach park every 20 minutes, or taxi from railway station.