Dating back to 1791, the iconic Seaham Hall, home to the award winning Serenity Spa, is just 30 minutes’ drive from the captivating Durham City. Set in 37 acres of rustic and alluring countryside with views to the wild and romantic heritage coast, this 5 star hotel has a fascinating past and like many Georgian country houses has a rich history and an eccentric character that belies its contemporary interior.
The Dining Room celebrates the finest ingredients right on our doorstep. It’s why our seasonal menu is drawn from the region we love. Varied, tasty and a little quirky, just like the people. Relaxed and friendly dining with a difference.
Opening Times Sunday Lunch Menu: Sunday 12noon – 2pm, Restaurant Menu: Sunday - Thursday from 6.30pm - 9pm | Friday - Saturday from 6.30pm - 9.30pm
The Asian inspired Ozone with a spherical outdoor terrace and views to the pastoral gardens, offers a meld of traditional Asian ingredients within the characteristics of conventional European cuisine.
As a guest you are invited to luxuriate at the tranquil Serenity Spa, the perfect environment to relax and escape the complications of the modern world. With a 20 metre pool, outdoor hot tubs, a hydrotherapy pool and therapists trained to deliver a variety of treatments that encourage relaxation and a state of wellbeing, a visit should be a priority.
Seaham Hall has 20 of the most luxurious suites ranging from Junior Suites to the outstanding Penthouse Suite which offers stunning uninterrupted coastal views. Each suite has its own individual style and character, some offer private outdoor gardens or terraces and all have spectacular garden or sea views. The glorious enclosed Courtyard perfect for a cocktail party for up to 120 and the Ballroom with floor to ceiling Georgian windows can accommodate up to 120 guests theatre style or 100 guests for a gala dinner. Take a walk in our picturesque grounds, meander along to the beach or for the more adventurous explore the charming surroundings on mountain bikes which are provided on a complimentary basis.
For those wanting to explore the history and heritage take a trip to Hadrian’s Wall, Holy Island or Durham Cathedral which are all within easy reach.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Suite||£585.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite with Hot Tub||£385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Junior Suite||£285.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penthouse Suite||£785.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- AA AA 1 Rosette 2016
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Business Tourism Award - Highly Commended 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Award - Luxury Hotel 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Spa Guide Luxury 5 Bubble Spa 2017
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- GreenLeader Silver
- Traveler's Choice
- Very Good207
- LMB0716ClevelandAfternoon Tea all nicely socially distancedSunday, 2nd August 2020We visited for Afternoon Tea which was delicious!! One of my favourite afternoon teas in the area. We were pleased to see all staff wearing masks and socially distancing when serving the food and... Read full review
- damedolanGlasgow, United KingdomFit for a special birthday celebrationMonday, 10th August 2020Was searching for a location and a 5 star that would be fit for my husband's special birthday holiday, since the European holiday I had booked and planned out was cancelled due to Covid 19. It had to... Read full review
- ChrisChrisChris82Trip Type:Solo travelSeaham Hall, Destroys 200yr old woodlandTuesday, 11th August 2020Seaham Hall has destroyed a 200 year old woodland to build pre fab caravans and plan to build more on a site that is an ancient grave yard, if you care about the environment please stay somewhere... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|