Dating back to 1791, the iconic Seaham Hall, home to the award winning Serenity Spa, is just 30 minutes’ drive from the captivating Durham City. Set in 37 acres of rustic and alluring countryside with views to the wild and romantic heritage coast, this 5 star hotel has a fascinating past and like many Georgian country houses has a rich history and an eccentric character that belies its contemporary interior.
The Dining Room celebrates the finest ingredients right on our doorstep. It’s why our seasonal menu is drawn from the region we love. Varied, tasty and a little quirky, just like the people. Relaxed and friendly dining with a difference.
Opening Times Sunday Lunch Menu: Sunday 12noon – 2pm, Restaurant Menu: Sunday - Thursday from 6.30pm - 9pm | Friday - Saturday from 6.30pm - 9.30pm
The Asian inspired Ozone with a spherical outdoor terrace and views to the pastoral gardens, offers a meld of traditional Asian ingredients within the characteristics of conventional European cuisine.
As a guest you are invited to luxuriate at the tranquil Serenity Spa, the perfect environment to relax and escape the complications of the modern world. With a 20 metre pool, outdoor hot tubs, a hydrotherapy pool and therapists trained to deliver a variety of treatments that encourage relaxation and a state of wellbeing, a visit should be a priority.
Seaham Hall has 20 of the most luxurious suites ranging from Junior Suites to the outstanding Penthouse Suite which offers stunning uninterrupted coastal views. Each suite has its own individual style and character, some offer private outdoor gardens or terraces and all have spectacular garden or sea views. The glorious enclosed Courtyard perfect for a cocktail party for up to 120 and the Ballroom with floor to ceiling Georgian windows can accommodate up to 120 guests theatre style or 100 guests for a gala dinner. Take a walk in our picturesque grounds, meander along to the beach or for the more adventurous explore the charming surroundings on mountain bikes which are provided on a complimentary basis.
For those wanting to explore the history and heritage take a trip to Hadrian’s Wall, Holy Island or Durham Cathedral which are all within easy reach.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 26th June 2019
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 27th June 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Suite||£585.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite with Hot Tub||£385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Junior Suite||£285.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penthouse Suite||£785.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- AA AA 1 Rosette 2016
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Business Tourism Award - Highly Commended 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Award - Luxury Hotel 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Spa Guide Luxury 5 Bubble Spa 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- GreenLeader Silver
- Traveler's Choice
- Very Good199
- Margaret WHartlepool, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent lunchMonday, 24th June 2019Had a wonderful Sunday Lunch. The food was amazing, if a lot, but you don't have to eat it all. The service with young people was excellent and friendly. The hotel itself is beautiful, very stylish... Read full review
- Sophie-JacksonnTrip Type:Friends getawayBeautiful hotel rooms and very friendly, attentive staff.Monday, 24th June 2019Just returned from an amazing overnight stay, first thing first, the hotel porter was fantastic (I'm so sorry that I can't remember your name), he was very friendly, funny and extremely helpful and... Read full review
- KatieD1998North Yorkshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAbsolutely amazing stayMonday, 24th June 2019Had a lovely one night stay here bought as a birthday present and I couldn’t recommend this hotel enough. The staff are so welcoming and attentive from arrival to departure, and do their very best to... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|