Dating back to 1791, the iconic Seaham Hall, home to the award winning Serenity Spa, is just 30 minutes’ drive from the captivating Durham City. Set in 37 acres of rustic and alluring countryside with views to the wild and romantic heritage coast, this 5 star hotel has a fascinating past and like many Georgian country houses has a rich history and an eccentric character that belies its contemporary interior.
The Dining Room celebrates the finest ingredients right on our doorstep. It’s why our seasonal menu is drawn from the region we love. Varied, tasty and a little quirky, just like the people. Relaxed and friendly dining with a difference.
Opening Times Sunday Lunch Menu: Sunday 12noon – 2pm, Restaurant Menu: Sunday - Thursday from 6.30pm - 9pm | Friday - Saturday from 6.30pm - 9.30pm
The Asian inspired Ozone with a spherical outdoor terrace and views to the pastoral gardens, offers a meld of traditional Asian ingredients within the characteristics of conventional European cuisine.
As a guest you are invited to luxuriate at the tranquil Serenity Spa, the perfect environment to relax and escape the complications of the modern world. With a 20 metre pool, outdoor hot tubs, a hydrotherapy pool and therapists trained to deliver a variety of treatments that encourage relaxation and a state of wellbeing, a visit should be a priority.
Seaham Hall has 20 of the most luxurious suites ranging from Junior Suites to the outstanding Penthouse Suite which offers stunning uninterrupted coastal views. Each suite has its own individual style and character, some offer private outdoor gardens or terraces and all have spectacular garden or sea views. The glorious enclosed Courtyard perfect for a cocktail party for up to 120 and the Ballroom with floor to ceiling Georgian windows can accommodate up to 120 guests theatre style or 100 guests for a gala dinner. Take a walk in our picturesque grounds, meander along to the beach or for the more adventurous explore the charming surroundings on mountain bikes which are provided on a complimentary basis.
For those wanting to explore the history and heritage take a trip to Hadrian’s Wall, Holy Island or Durham Cathedral which are all within easy reach.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Suite||£585.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite with Hot Tub||£385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Junior Suite||£285.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penthouse Suite||£785.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- AA AA 1 Rosette 2016
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Spa Guide Luxury 5 Bubble Spa 2017
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- AA AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good222
- 410teresaeOssett, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSpecial birthday treatThursday, 6th January 2022My husband booked Seaham Hall for a special birthday treat for me in November! A truly wonderful experience from arriving at reception and being so warmly welcomed, shown to our beautiful room with... Read full review
- 602abbiefUnited KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely spa dayTuesday, 18th January 2022We've been here a few times and it never disappoints. We got there early and spent the morning using all the lovely spa facilities, everything was great and super relaxing. I love the choice of... Read full review
- Escape03706449061Stockton-on-Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAnother great time at this hotelTuesday, 18th January 2022From the time we arrived to the time we left, we were treated like we were the only people in the hotel (which was about three quarters full). With Laura the receptionist and Kevin the front of... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Hot Tub
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|