Dating back to 1791, the iconic Seaham Hall, home to the award winning Serenity Spa, is just 30 minutes’ drive from the captivating Durham City. Set in 37 acres of rustic and alluring countryside with views to the wild and romantic heritage coast, this 5 star hotel has a fascinating past and like many Georgian country houses has a rich history and an eccentric character that belies its contemporary interior.
The Dining Room celebrates the finest ingredients right on our doorstep. It’s why our seasonal menu is drawn from the region we love. Varied, tasty and a little quirky, just like the people. Relaxed and friendly dining with a difference.
Opening Times Sunday Lunch Menu: Sunday 12noon – 2pm, Restaurant Menu: Sunday - Thursday from 6.30pm - 9pm | Friday - Saturday from 6.30pm - 9.30pm
The Asian inspired Ozone with a spherical outdoor terrace and views to the pastoral gardens, offers a meld of traditional Asian ingredients within the characteristics of conventional European cuisine.
As a guest you are invited to luxuriate at the tranquil Serenity Spa, the perfect environment to relax and escape the complications of the modern world. With a 20 metre pool, outdoor hot tubs, a hydrotherapy pool and therapists trained to deliver a variety of treatments that encourage relaxation and a state of wellbeing, a visit should be a priority.
Seaham Hall has 20 of the most luxurious suites ranging from Junior Suites to the outstanding Penthouse Suite which offers stunning uninterrupted coastal views. Each suite has its own individual style and character, some offer private outdoor gardens or terraces and all have spectacular garden or sea views. The glorious enclosed Courtyard perfect for a cocktail party for up to 120 and the Ballroom with floor to ceiling Georgian windows can accommodate up to 120 guests theatre style or 100 guests for a gala dinner. Take a walk in our picturesque grounds, meander along to the beach or for the more adventurous explore the charming surroundings on mountain bikes which are provided on a complimentary basis.
For those wanting to explore the history and heritage take a trip to Hadrian’s Wall, Holy Island or Durham Cathedral which are all within easy reach.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Suite||£585.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite||£385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Junior Suite||£285.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penthouse Suite||£785.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- AA AA 1 Rosette 2016
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Business Tourism Award - Highly Commended 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Travellers' Choice Award - Luxury Hotel 2016
- Traveler's Choice
- GreenLeader Silver
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good175
- Christopher JTrip Type:Family9th June wedding Mr and Mrs JonesWednesday, 20th June 2018Had the most amazing and perfect day for our wedding at Seaham Hall. The staff were fantastic and the food for the wedding breakfast was beautiful. Special thanks to Emma our wedding planner who... Read full review
- Parrish65Bingley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRelaxing stayTuesday, 19th June 2018Stayed for 2 nights in a fabulous junior suite overlooking the sea. Dinner was excellent as was breakfast. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Loved the spa although was busy at peak times. I... Read full review
- Peter Paul KTrip Type:CouplesRomantic treasureMonday, 18th June 2018Beautiful, historical estate in a wide, typical lush english garden. Very nice and helpful staff and very good, tasty food in the restaurant, expansive wine list. Luxurious spa. Just perfect for a... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|