Dating back to 1791, the iconic Seaham Hall, home to the award winning Serenity Spa, is just 30 minutes’ drive from the captivating Durham City. Set in 37 acres of rustic and alluring countryside with views to the wild and romantic heritage coast, this 5 star hotel has a fascinating past and like many Georgian country houses has a rich history and an eccentric character that belies its contemporary interior.
The Dining Room celebrates the finest ingredients right on our doorstep. It’s why our five course seasonal Tasting menu is drawn from the region we love. Varied, tasty and a little quirky, just like the people. Relaxed and friendly dining with a difference.
Opening Times Restaurant Menu: Monday - Sunday from 6.30pm - 9pm
Afternoon Tea – Thursday to Sunday from 12noon to 4pm.
The Asian inspired Ozone with a spherical outdoor terrace and views to the pastoral gardens, offers a meld of traditional Asian ingredients within the characteristics of conventional European cuisine.
As a guest you are invited to luxuriate at the tranquil Serenity Spa, the perfect environment to relax and escape the complications of the modern world. With a 20 metre pool, outdoor hot tubs, a hydrotherapy pool and therapists trained to deliver a variety of treatments that encourage relaxation and a state of wellbeing, a visit should be a priority.
Seaham Hall has 23 of the most luxurious suites ranging from Junior Suites to the outstanding Penthouse Suite along with the recent addition of two Bungalow Suites with private hot tub and gas fired BBQ kitchen which offers stunning uninterrupted coastal views. Each suite has its own individual style and character, some offer private outdoor gardens or terraces and all have spectacular garden or sea views.
Take a walk in our picturesque grounds, meander along to the beach or for the more adventurous explore the charming surroundings on mountain bikes which are provided on a complimentary basis.
For those wanting to explore the history and heritage take a trip to Hadrian’s Wall, Holy Island or Durham Cathedral which are all within easy reach.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Suite||£585.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite with Hot Tub||£385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Junior Suite||£285.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penthouse Suite||£785.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- AA AA 1 Rosette 2016
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Spa Guide Luxury 5 Bubble Spa 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good231
- _08natTrip Type:BusinessNot up to expectationsTuesday, 20th September 2022Stayed here for my birthday in the Ada Lovelace Suite for my birthday and would not recommend for several reasons. 1) Customer service is not adequate throughout the entire hotel and general managers... Read full review
- rachele799Trip Type:CouplesLovely treat away!Thursday, 29th September 2022We have just stayed at the hotel as a treat following my radiotherapy treatment. Our room was the garden suite (room 4) with the wood fired hot tub,which was large in size with a separate... Read full review
- BebMerelyTyne and Wear, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBirthday treatSaturday, 1st October 2022Amazing experience. Room was beautiful like an apartment! Lots of extra touches, breakfast in bed with no extra charge was absolutely unreal. Felt like 5 star, real luxury. We did request twin beds... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Hot Tub
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|