Dating back to 1791, the iconic Seaham Hall, home to the award winning Serenity Spa, is just 30 minutes’ drive from the captivating Durham City. Set in 37 acres of rustic and alluring countryside with views to the wild and romantic heritage coast, this 5 star hotel has a fascinating past and like many Georgian country houses has a rich history and an eccentric character that belies its contemporary interior.
The Dining Room celebrates the finest ingredients right on our doorstep. It’s why our five course seasonal Tasting menu is drawn from the region we love. Varied, tasty and a little quirky, just like the people. Relaxed and friendly dining with a difference.
Opening Times Restaurant Menu: Monday - Sunday from 6.30pm - 9pm
Afternoon Tea – Thursday to Sunday from 12noon to 4pm.
The Asian inspired Ozone with a spherical outdoor terrace and views to the pastoral gardens, offers a meld of traditional Asian ingredients within the characteristics of conventional European cuisine.
As a guest you are invited to luxuriate at the tranquil Serenity Spa, the perfect environment to relax and escape the complications of the modern world. With a 20 metre pool, outdoor hot tubs, a hydrotherapy pool and therapists trained to deliver a variety of treatments that encourage relaxation and a state of wellbeing, a visit should be a priority.
Seaham Hall has 23 of the most luxurious suites ranging from Junior Suites to the outstanding Penthouse Suite along with the recent addition of two Bungalow Suites with private hot tub and gas fired BBQ kitchen which offers stunning uninterrupted coastal views. Each suite has its own individual style and character, some offer private outdoor gardens or terraces and all have spectacular garden or sea views.
Take a walk in our picturesque grounds, meander along to the beach or for the more adventurous explore the charming surroundings on mountain bikes which are provided on a complimentary basis.
For those wanting to explore the history and heritage take a trip to Hadrian’s Wall, Holy Island or Durham Cathedral which are all within easy reach.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Executive Suite||£585.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite with Hot Tub||£385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Junior Suite||£285.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Penthouse Suite||£785.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 5 AA Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- AA AA 1 Rosette 2016
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Spa Guide Luxury 5 Bubble Spa 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good231
- hannahchubbxNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesOvernight stay partners 30thTuesday, 17th January 2023I had an overnight stay booked for my patterns 30th at the beginning of January, booked treatments dinner etc as well as the over night stay, there was a few things that I felt disappointed about so... Read full review
- Mellypops8Yarm, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing!!Sunday, 22nd January 2023We staying in a garden suite to celebrate my birthday. Everything was just perfect from start to finish. The staff are all just so friendly, helpful and professional without ever being too much. It’s... Read full review
- alibC5310TLEaglescliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent overnight stay with spa access.beautiful room (18) with all complementary drinks and snacks in the fridge.Sunday, 22nd January 2023Excellent stay. Not cheap but good value for overnight and two days spa access.beautiful room (18) and buildings. Snacks and drinks free in the room, all sky channels on tvs in both rooms. Went out... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Hot Tub
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|