AboutHatfield College is situated in the heart of the City, in the shadow of the great Norman Cathedral and World Heritage Site, and on the banks of the River Wear. It is a few hundred yards from all the facilities and amenities that Durham has to offer.
We can offer accommodation ranging from 2 star rated single standard and en suite rooms to 4 star rated executive en suite bedrooms (the only ones within the University). Limited car parking is available on site. Hatfield College's recently refurbished Melville Building provides 22 twin/double executive style en suite bedrooms and two family rooms.
These rooms have been awarded the 'Visit Britain' 4 star rating, which confirms them as the best University accommodation available, moreover in a city centre location with its own parking. Single occupancy room rate available at £70 prpn.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double (single occupancy)||£50.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Shared bathroom||£50.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Bar - Subject to availability
- Cater for vegetarians
- Half board supplement (£) - 10. If available.
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - By arrangement.
- Serve lunch - By arrangement.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Special provisions for cyclists - Bike shed.
|2019 Summer (29 June 2019 - 29 Sept 2019)|
* Open Easter vacation and Summer vacation
Map & Directions
From A1(M), exit at jct 62 to Durham City. Dual carriageway for 1.5 miles, straight ahead at roundabout to City Centre. Down hill, at next roundabout take 2nd exit and go up slip road. At the top turn left into Market Place, over at traffic lights into Saddler Street, narrow and uphill. Follow the road into North Bailey. College is 600 yards on the left.
Public Transport Directions
From major cities - there are several express coach services daily from most major cities. Nearest airports are Newcastle and Durham Tees Valley. Newcastle Airport is linked to Durham by rail and metro. 14 trains per day travel from London and Edinburgh to Durham.