Hallgarth, The Manor House Durham is located in a secluded setting on the outskirts of Durham City. The character and charm of this historic manor-house is much in evidence in its fine and tastefully furnished lounge, grand staircase and crystal chandeliers.
Each of its 24 bedrooms is decorated individually. All of the bedrooms have views of either the adjoining countryside or of the pleasant 4 acres of gardens and grounds surrounding the hotel. All rooms are en suite, hospitality tray, and free Wi-Fi internet access.
The Victorian elegance of the Elemore Restaurant is a popular place for all of the Hallgarth guests and indeed for food enthusiasts who have helped to spread the word about our delicious menu.
The period feel to the restaurant has been enhanced by the addition of top class contemporary decor resulting in a relaxing and luxurious dining environment. Overlooking the beautiful gardens, which boast an ancient church font and 17thC sundial, the restaurant offers an extensive wine list and sits up to 68 people.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£79.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£49.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good65
- francesmB333MFVery comfy manor houseSunday, 13th September 2020Stayed for four nights, excellent breakfast, excellent evening meals although limited choice because of covid 19. Room was very comfy, hotel staff are doing all they can under difficult circumstances. Read full review
- anettecrickHenley-on-Thames, United KingdomTotal lack of atmosphereFriday, 23rd October 2020We checked in at 3pm and stood for ages pressing the bell. The service we eventually received with unfriendly and really not welcoming. The room was nice enough and the bed in fairness very... Read full review
- shaunsJ7225APAffordable luxuryWednesday, 28th October 2020I spent two nights in the Sanctuary Suite for a mini-break with my girlfriend. The room was perfect, even better than I had expected considering how cheap it was. Also, it was situated in a quiet... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
Turn off A1(M) at jct 62 following the brown signs posted A690 to Sunderland. Travel 1 mile, then turn right, signposted Pittington and Sherburn. Turn right. At crossroads straight across. After 1 mile turn left. Situated 600 yds on right hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail station Durham.