Farnley Tower is a 4 Star Guesthouse, providing all the facilities you would expect in a modern city hotel. Sited in an elevated position, it provides stunning views of Durham Castle, Cathedral and surrounding countryside. All comfortable rooms are en suite, individually designed, with some having beautiful countryside views.
Dine in the award winning, Michelin recommended restaurant and bar Restaurant DH1, specialising in artistic and innovative cuisine. The menu features an array of fresh local produce and a huge choice of wines.
Free car parking onsite.
Only a short walk to all the main tourist attractions of the city centre. Farnley Tower is ideal for a romantic weekend and perfect for sight-seeing the historic city of Durham!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£65.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single en suite||£75.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good147
- HellomynameisJoanieBarcelona, SpainTrip Type:FamilyGreat service & locationTuesday, 28th November 2017Thought I'd take a risk on this reasonably priced B & B . Surely it couldn't be as nice as it seemed ?! It was ! Great value for money , great location . Lovely staff happy to chat . Wifi was... Read full review
- Pam KTrip Type:FamilyLittle GemTuesday, 7th November 2017We stayed at Farnley Tower for Halloween weekend, it was so relaxed and the staff were helpful, especially Emma the Manager, who couldn't enough to make our stay that extra bit special. She went out... Read full review
- Carl KMarket WeightonTrip Type:FamilyC KempTuesday, 7th November 2017What a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The place is run by the most efficient Manager 'Emma'. Nothing was too much for her. It is Durhams little gem!!! It's near to the city, and easily accessible to the... Read full review
- WiFi Available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome - £5 per dog.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
- Out of Hours Visits
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) Jct 62 From the A1 take A690 (Crook Road) carry straight over the 4th roundabout. Take the 4th turning on the right (The Avenue). Farnley Tower and Gourmet Spot Restaurant is at the top of The Avenue on the right-hand side.
Public Transport Directions
10 minutes walk from station. 2 minutes walk from bus stop. Less than 10 minutes walk to Durham city centre. Free car parking onsite.