Farnley Tower Guesthouse
Tel: +44 191 375 0011
On the outskirts of Durham City Centre sits Farnley Tower Guest House, a prominent Victorian mansion renowned for its architecture and history.
For the best rates available, please email or call us direct.
This elegant manor boasts an impressive 17 en-suite rooms, each individually designed to provide a unique experience. A selection of rooms offer impressive views of Durham Castle, Durham Cathedral, and the surrounding picturesque countryside. A range of single, double and family-friendly rooms are available, providing the perfect home away from home.
Farnley Tower also provides a freshly cooked breakfast with your stay, and continental, gluten-free and vegan options are also available. Guests are welcome to bring along their well-behaved dogs, enjoy the complimentary Wi-Fi, and access free on-site parking (subject to availability).
An outside patio area reveals stunning views of the city and is a special place to relax after a day exploring the quaint winding cobbled streets and river walks that Durham offers.
Enjoy an evening meal with an extensive selection of wines, cocktails and draught beers at the onsite restaurant and bar, Holi and Bhang, specialising in authentic Indian cuisine.
Only a short walk to the historic city centre, guests can appreciate the dramatic Durham skyline crowned by the imposing Castle and Cathedral World Heritage Site. Arguably one of the most stunning city panoramas in Europe, this centre of history is now home to Open Treasure, Durham Cathedral’s world-class exhibition experience.
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 6th June 2023
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 7th June 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Deluxe En suite with kitchenette||£105.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Shower Tower Room||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*A freshly cooked breakfast is included in your room rate.
Book directly with us by phone, email or website to receive the best rates, we guarantee a better rate than 3rd party online booking sites.
Please note certain dates throughout the year, our guide prices will be much higher such as graduation.
Well behaved Dogs are welcome, additional charges apply of £10 per dog per night.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good179
- Yorkshire_TravelsLeeds, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNorth east hospitality at its finestMonday, 8th May 2023Lovely b&b, situated about a 15 min walk from Durham town centre. We had a family room for my wife and two kids and it was great. Comfy beds and enough space for the four of us. We ate in the... Read full review
- LexiBee1966Trip Type:CouplesGreat hotelSunday, 14th May 2023Great hotel. Anna was brilliant in reception and at breakfast. Nice room, very clean and cosy. Fab breakfast. Everything you could think of to eat. 12-15 minute walk to the town centre. Brill Indian... Read full review
- Lucy TLovely One Nighy StaySunday, 4th June 2023Lovely guesthouse. A lovely big bed and new bathroom in our room, very comfortable. The breakfast room was bright and the breakfast was lovely. Even got breakfast for our dog. Would highly recommend. Read full review
- Access Statement
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available - All our ground Floor bedrooms near Reception can accommodate guests with disabilities, however please contact us for further information.
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied with an adult and share a room. We have 2 Family en suite rooms that accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children.
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Offsite - Coach Parking Off Site is available free on The Avenue with adjoins The Guesthouse from 6 pm to 8am Monday to Saturday and Free Sundays. Charges apply from 8am to 6 pm Monday to Saturday. Please note we cannot offer car parking for coaches onsite due to the size of our car park and angled entrance to our car park.
- On site parking - We offer complimentary onsite parking for guests (subject to availability). Free car parking off site on The Avenue is available from 6 pm to 8 am - charges apply between 8am to 6pm
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Groups: Max Coach Group Size - Maximum 38 people including driver. This is based on our 17 en suite rooms, which consists of 11 Doubles ( occupancy 2/room) , 3 Twins occupancy 2/room), 2 Family rooms ( max occupancy 4/room) 1 single ( occupancy 2 per room which has a small double bed)
- Ironing facilities
- Pets accepted - Well behaved Dogs are Welcome. Charges apply £10 per dog per night.
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Free accommodation for coach driver
- Group discounts available
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Farnley Tower is open all year round. Check in times are from 14:00 till 18.30, please call us before arrival if you need to check in later, and we will make necessary arrangements for your room.
If you require any further information, or have any other requests, please do not hesitate in asking us, we are delighted to help! Please contact us at least 24 hours before arrival to ensure that your requirements can be met. We look forward to welcoming you to Farnley Tower.
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) Jct 62 From the A1 take A690 (Crook Road) carry straight over the 4th roundabout. Take the 4th turning on the right (The Avenue). Farnley Tower and Holi and Bhang Restaurant and Bar is at the top of The Avenue on the right-hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Farnley Tower is a short 10 minutes walk away from Durham train station, a 2 minute walk from local bus routes and less than a 10 minute walk from Durham city centre. Free car parking onsite is available (subject to availability).