Welcome to Farnley Tower Guesthouse
Farnley Tower provides stunning views over Durham Castle and Cathedral. The guesthouse is a prominent Victorian mansion, renowned for its architecture and history. With 17 comfortable En suite rooms, individually designed with some having beautiful views of the Castle, Cathedral and Countryside.
We are just a short walk from the historic captivating city with winding cobbled streets and a prominent peninsula crowned with the dramatic Durham Cathedral and Castle World Heritage Site.– one of the most stunning city panoramas in Europe and now home to Open Treasure, the Cathedral’s world-class exhibition experience.
Explore the timeless quality of this quintessential old English University City, take some time out with a relaxing riverside walk or river cruise, or soak up the atmosphere with superb cafés, artisan workshops, boutiques, galleries and museums.
Watch the world go by in one of the city centre cafés, shop for gourmet treats, locally produced food or original crafts in an array of shops and markets, or find city-centre calm at one of the city's many green spaces.
Days in Durham City are a hard act to follow, but we like to think our evenings are also up to the mark. From spellbinding theatre to side-splitting comedy, intimate restaurants to chic café-bars, and action films to art house cinema, Durham City has entertainment galore - don't miss the city's prime entertainment venue, the Gala Theatre.
Free onsite Car parking (Subject to availability)
Freshly Cooked Breakfast included in the Room Rate
Complimentary WiFi onsite.
Well behaved Dogs are Welcome addition charge of £10 per dog per night
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 22nd Aug 2019
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 23rd Aug 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double Deluxe En suite with kitchenette||from £105.00 to £450.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Double en suite||from £95.00 to £350.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £130.00 to £450.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Shower Tower Room||from £105.00 to £400.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||from £75.00 to £250.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||from £95.00 to £350.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*A freshly cooked breakfast is included in your room rate.
Book directly with us by phone, email or website to receive the best rates, we guarantee a better rate than 3rd party online booking sites.
Please note certain dates throughout the year, our guide prices will be much higher such as graduation.
Well behaved Dogs are welcome, additional charges apply of £10 per dog per night.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good164
- wotty59Brigg, United KingdomWeekend stay in DurhamWednesday, 7th August 2019We stopped in the Shower in the Tower Room which had its own shower room separate form the room - The room was in what was the attic space sop the ceiling was a little low, I'm 6'2" but was aware of... Read full review
- Safari738771Trip Type:CouplesOvernight staySaturday, 10th August 2019Made to feel very welcome by hotel manager and staff. Lovely hotel with character and charm. Very close to the beautiful centre of Durham We stayed in the tower room with its separate bathroom which... Read full review
- bobby095Wigan, United KingdomSpot onSunday, 11th August 2019Stayed for one night en-route to Northumberland. Spotless clean hotel, comfortable bed, large room, set in peaceful surroundings. Car parking, plenty of breakfast selections, ten minute walk into... Read full review
- Access Statement
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available - All our ground Floor bedrooms near Reception can accommodate guests with disabilities, however please contact us for further information.
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied with an adult and share a room. We have 2 Family en suite rooms that accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children.
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Offsite - Coach Parking Off Site is available free on The Avenue with adjoins The Guesthouse from 6 pm to 8am Monday to Saturday and Free Sundays. Charges apply from 8am to 6 pm Monday to Saturday. Please note we cannot offer car parking for coaches onsite due to the size of our car park and angled entrance to our car park.
- On site parking - We offer complimentary onsite parking for guests (subject to availability). Free car parking off site on The Avenue is available from 6 pm to 8 am - charges apply between 8am to 6pm
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Groups: Max Coach Group Size - Maximum 38 people including driver. This is based on our 17 en suite rooms, which consists of 11 Doubles ( occupancy 2/room) , 3 Twins occupancy 2/room), 2 Family rooms ( max occupancy 4/room) 1 single ( occupancy 2 per room which has a small double bed)
- Ironing facilities
- Pets accepted - Well behaved Dogs are Welcome. Charges apply £10 per dog per night.
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Cyclists Welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Free accommodation for coach driver
- Group discounts available
|Open New Year|
|2019 (12 Dec 2018 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* We are open all year, check in times are from 2pm till 6.30pm, however if you are arriving later, let us know and we will make arrangement for your room.
If you require any further information on a booking enquiry, an existing booking, special dietary requirements or any other requests, we are delighted to help, so let us know at least 24-48 hours prior to your arrival.
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) Jct 62 From the A1 take A690 (Crook Road) carry straight over the 4th roundabout. Take the 4th turning on the right (The Avenue). Farnley Tower and Holi and Bhang Restaurant and Bar is at the top of The Avenue on the right-hand side.
Public Transport Directions
10 minutes walk from the Train station. 2 minutes walk from bus stop. Less than 10 minutes walk to Durham city centre. Free car parking onsite (Subject to availability).