Collingwood has been welcoming guests since it was built in 1972. Situated in its own grounds only a short walk from the castle and cathedral and with the A1(M) and train station nearby, Collingwood is the perfect place to stay.
There are over 200 en suite rooms including 16 twins and 9 which have been adapted for wheelchair users. Each has a shower, toilet, hand basin, tea/coffee-making facilities and radio alarm clocks. All rooms are serviced daily. Accommodation is available during university vacations which are around Easter and throughout July, August and September. Bed and breakfast, half and full board available.
The College has its own tennis court, which is available for guests to use. The beautiful surrounding woodland and Botanic Gardens are ideal for walking and jogging and the Mount Oswald Golf Club is only 0.5 mile away. Indoor facilities include a TV lounge, a games room with a pool table and the relaxing college bar which is open most evenings.
Free on-site parking for cars and coaches. Discounts for group bookings available on request.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Single en suite||£50.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single with Shared Facilities (groups only)||£37.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En Suite||£87.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*College only used for group/conference accommodation now.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Gold 2015
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - With prior notice. Subject to availability
- Serve lunch - With prior notice. Subject to availability
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Games Room
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free car parking for 130 cars. Coach parking is also available.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accept coach parties
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Fax and photocopying.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Public telephone
- Separate guests' lounge
- In countryside
|2019 Summer (29 June 2019 - 29 Sept 2019)|
Map & Directions
Take the A690 from the A1(M), turn left across Elvet Bridge over the traffic lights. Follow the road to New Inn crossroads, go straight over. Collingwood is the 3rd on the left-hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Durham Railway station is 2 miles away. Durham Cathedral bus runs every 20 minutes and links the railway station, coach station and coach park. The bus stops outside Collingwood.