Collingwood has been welcoming guests since it was built in 1972. Situated in its own grounds only a short walk from the castle and cathedral and with the A1(M) and train station nearby, Collingwood is the perfect place to stay.
There are over 200 en suite rooms including 16 twins and 9 which have been adapted for wheelchair users. Each has a shower, toilet, hand basin and tea/coffee-making facilities. All rooms are serviced daily. Accommodation is available during university vacations which are around Easter and throughout July, August and September. Bed and breakfast, half and full board available.
The beautiful surrounding woodland and Botanic Gardens are ideal for walking and jogging.
Free on-site parking.
Discounts for group bookings available on request.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Single en suite||£58.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single with Shared Facilities (groups only)||£42.50 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin En Suite||£92.50 per room (breakfast included)|
*College only used for group/conference accommodation now.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Green Awards Green Tourism Business Scheme - Gold 2015
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - With prior notice. Subject to availability
- Serve lunch - With prior notice. Subject to availability
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Approx 60 car parking spaces (all subject to availability, no spaces can be reserved)
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accept coach parties
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Fax and photocopying.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Night porter
- Public telephone
- In countryside
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
Map & Directions
Take the A690 from the A1(M), turn left across Elvet Bridge over the traffic lights. Follow the road to New Inn crossroads, go straight over. Collingwood is the 3rd on the left-hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Durham Railway station is 2 miles away. Durham Cathedral bus runs every 20 minutes and links the railway station, coach station and coach park. The bus stops outside Collingwood.