Bed & Breakfast at Ushaw
Tel: 0191 373 8500
Ushaw Historic House, Chapels & Gardens is situated in the rolling North East countryside just 10 minutes drive away from Durham City Centre, with easy access to the A167 and A1(M).
Whether you’re looking for a single night’s accommodation or a longer holiday stay, Ushaw offers a unique experience for all. Situated in historic buildings dating back 250 years, Ushaw's rooms are simple, comfortable and quiet - perfect for relaxation or work.
• Enjoy free access to our house, chapels, gardens and exhibitions during opening hours
• Check out our events programme to see what’s on during your stay here
• Complimentary continental breakfast in Welby's Cafè
• Short walk to the New Board Inn Pub & Restaurant serving delicious home-made food (get 10% off with your stay)
• Within easy access of many other local attractions including Durham Cathedral, Beamish Museum and Raby Castle
Bookable Product Facilities
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Serve breakfast - Complimentary continental breakfast
Parking & Transport
- Coach Drop Off / Pick Up Point
- On site parking - Free
- Accept coach parties
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available - Free
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Free access to our House, Chapels & Gardens during opening hours 11am - 4pm
Map & Directions
Use postcode DH7 7DW when navigating with SatNav. This will take you to the main visitor entrance. Some GPS systems will take you to the wrong location when using the postcode DH7 9RH or typing our old name – Ushaw College.
Public Transport Directions
Ushaw is 10 minutes by taxi from Durham Rail Station.
From Durham City bus station:
The Number 52 takes you direct to Ushaw’s main visitor entrance. It runs a limited timetable every 2.5hrs Monday to Saturday, daytime only with no service from early evening, or on a sunday at anytime.
The Arriva Number 48 stops at Bearpark (Aged Miners Homes) it’s then a 15-20 minute walk to Ushaw.