The Park and Gardens provide lots of opportunity for fresh air, fun and exercise. Our Woodland Adventure Playground will keep children entertained and bikes are available for the whole family to hire, so that you can explore the wider Park. Walking and cycling routes can be obtained from our admissions team when purchasing your ticket.
The tranquil setting of Raby Castle is perfect for a leisurely stroll or to sit and find some peace in our fast-paced world.
Organised activities take place throughout the year including Forest School activities and trails for children of all ages, group dog walks and Yoga. Please check our event pages for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good215
- BennettbrianHebburn, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA Beautiful SettingMonday, 20th January 2020We visited in January and there was no access to the castle, only the external areas. (£4.50 cover charge, which isn’t too bad). The grounds are beautiful with the impressive castle standing above... Read full review
- davidhQ6485LFDarlington, United KingdomDay visitThursday, 30th January 2020Large estate with indoor and outdoor activities. The old can paint like me, the young have acres and acres to rush around in. Good cafe for snacks. The castle is well worth a visit but the... Read full review
- 103barriebDurham, United KingdomFantastic CastleSaturday, 8th February 2020Very scenic Castle with a wonderful herd of deer in the surrounding park. Cafeteria is excellent and at various times of the year they hold food festivals and other events Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - In park only on short leads
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open daily from 10:00
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.