AboutA moderate 21 mile loop taking in Wolsingham and The Weardale Railway.
1. Beginning in Tow Law leave village towards Inkerman. Turn left opposite Inkerman Road onto minor road.
2. Keep left at junction with B6296 and follow to Wolsingham.
3. At the Market Place turn left onto A689 and follow to Crook, straight on at roundabout.
4. In Crook Market Place bear right at traffic lights to Howden, turning left at mini roundabout to continue up the hill to North Bitchburn.
5. Follow through village to T-junction and turn left to Hunwick.
6. Go through Hunwick, Sunnybrow to emerge in Willington at mini roundabout.
7. Turn left onto A689 then 1st right onto B6299 (Watling Terrace) towards Stanley Crook.
8. Continue on B6299 through Sunniside to junction with A68.
9. Turn right onto A68 and return to Tow Law.
This route passes near to the following Taste Durham establishments:
Bradley Burn Farm Cafe, Wolsingham.
- Distance: Over 20 Miles
- Grade: Moderate
- Route Surface: On Road
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Free parking is available either on the roadside along Bridge Street or in the Car Park at the rear of the High Street.
- Grade (Moderate)
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
- Route Surface (On Road)
- Suitable For (Any Bike)
- Time (Half Day)