Situated within the stunning Bowes Museum, Café Bowes offers an idyllic setting for your requirements, be it morning coffee, afternoon teas, a delicious lunch or just a snack.
Head Chef, Davey Babooran, enjoys the benefits of using high quality ingredients supplied by local producers and goes direct to small farm producers such as Carrolls Heritage Potatoes who help create the all time favourite chowder on the menu. All the café's pork and bacon comes from McFarlane Family Butchers and bread is freshly baked by Moody Baker, both of which can be found by taking the short walk from the Museum into the centre of Barnard Castle. The café uses local organic milk and cream, and local game when in season.
Davey and his team bake fresh scones and cakes daily and all meals are made to order, with special dietary requirements catered for where possible.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner 2-course||£10.00 average price per head|
|Lunch||£5.00 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£9.00 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good398
- AnafiKourosTrip Type:CouplesGreat Museum with fascinating historyTuesday, 11th June 2019This is a fantastic museum with an interesting history. A varied collection of high quality artwork and items of historical interest. There is an almost full sized mechanical silver swan which is... Read full review
- never2lateGuildford, EnglandTrip Type:CouplesWonderfully EclecticSaturday, 15th June 2019Definitely worth a visit this wonderfully eclectic collection is very well curated. We were by ourselves but noted the excellent children’s activities and clever use of trails to excite the curiosity... Read full review
- mcwDurhamDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplessuch an improvementSaturday, 22nd June 2019Bowes used to be pretty much a jumble but ow it is beautifully curated. It is much clearer to get around and the signage is illuminating. There is a marvellous exhibition/trail at the moment with... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 16:45|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 16:45|
* Closed 25,25 Dec, 1 Jan.