Situated within the stunning Bowes Museum, Café Bowes offers an idyllic setting for your requirements, be it morning coffee, afternoon teas, a delicious lunch or just a snack.
Head Chef, Davey Babooran, enjoys the benefits of using high quality ingredients supplied by local producers and goes direct to small farm producers such as Carrolls Heritage Potatoes who help create the all time favourite chowder on the menu. All the café's pork and bacon comes from McFarlane Family Butchers and bread is freshly baked by Moody Baker, both of which can be found by taking the short walk from the Museum into the centre of Barnard Castle. The café uses local organic milk and cream, and local game when in season.
Davey and his team bake fresh scones and cakes daily and all meals are made to order, with special dietary requirements catered for where possible.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner 2-course||from £10.00 to £20.00 average price per head|
|Lunch||from £5.00 to £20.00 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£9.00 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good377
- GriseldaTubbScotland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTheatrical setting for a wonderful collection.Sunday, 21st October 2018We set aside a whole day to visit The Bowes Museum and there was plenty there to keep us interested. We spent the morning learning about John and Josephine Bowes, who made this place happen, and... Read full review
- MParty3250Oldham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA Jewel. Make the effortSunday, 21st October 2018This museum is a jewel. It’s not cheap, but it relies on visitor income and the ticket is valid for 12 months. Be prepared to spend some time in here, there is so much to enjoy, particularly the... Read full review
- kw bEdinburgh, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPriceyFriday, 19th October 2018I’m from Edinburgh and most, if not all of our museums are free, so it came as a surprise when we were asked to hand over £24 for two of us. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very beautiful building and... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 16:45|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 16:45|
* Closed 25,25 Dec, 1 Jan.