Situated within the stunning Bowes Museum, Café Bowes offers an idyllic setting for your requirements, be it morning coffee, afternoon teas, a delicious lunch or just a snack.
Head Chef, Davey Babooran, enjoys the benefits of using high quality ingredients supplied by local producers and goes direct to small farm producers such as Carrolls Heritage Potatoes who help create the all time favourite chowder on the menu. All the café's pork and bacon comes from McFarlane Family Butchers and bread is freshly baked by Moody Baker, both of which can be found by taking the short walk from the Museum into the centre of Barnard Castle. The café uses local organic milk and cream, and local game when in season.
Davey and his team bake fresh scones and cakes daily and all meals are made to order, with special dietary requirements catered for where possible.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner 2-course||£10.00 average price per head|
|Lunch||£5.00 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£9.00 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good393
- PeterQ008LancashireTrip Type:CouplesSubstantial PlaceWednesday, 17th April 2019On arrival the sheer size and bulk of the building creates a sense of awe. Inside the collection is astounding. We went early in the day after a short drive from our hotel and were fresh, you need... Read full review
- AyBee71Northampton, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFantastic Day OutThursday, 18th April 2019From the outside the building is amazing but inside the space is on par with any of the big Victorian London museums. The collection is huge, varied and well displayed. We found the information... Read full review
- Christopher EHarrogate, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery pleasant vistThursday, 18th April 2019Lovely grounds, good access, pleasant cafe. A good and interesting time. Could perhaps improve the ecoetidnce by directional signs to ensure you visit the family history section first. Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 16:45|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 16:45|
* Closed 25,25 Dec, 1 Jan.