Situated within the stunning Bowes Museum, Café Bowes offers an idyllic setting for your requirements, be it morning coffee, afternoon teas, a delicious lunch or just a snack.
Head Chef, Davey Babooran, enjoys the benefits of using high quality ingredients supplied by local producers and goes direct to small farm producers such as Carrolls Heritage Potatoes who help create the all time favourite chowder on the menu. All the café's pork and bacon comes from McFarlane Family Butchers and bread is freshly baked by Moody Baker, both of which can be found by taking the short walk from the Museum into the centre of Barnard Castle. The café uses local organic milk and cream, and local game when in season.
Davey and his team bake fresh scones and cakes daily and all meals are made to order, with special dietary requirements catered for where possible.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Dinner 2-course||£10.00 average price per head|
|Lunch||£5.00 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£9.00 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good388
- Westwalian_9PembrokeshireEccentric and fascinatingTuesday, 19th February 2019Thoroughly enjoyed my visit. It's a rather mad jumble of fine paintings, furniture and porcelain mixed in with some very ordinary stuff. The picture galleries are wallpapered to the very high... Read full review
- roberth383England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesThe swanWednesday, 20th February 2019This museum is well worth visiting and we very much enjoyed our 1 1/2 hour tour by one of the guides. Highlight of the trip was the 2pm display by the swan. Well worth visiting - the entry ticket... Read full review
- Footprints627290Wigton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFabulousThursday, 21st February 2019Came with my parents & 14 yr old Antique dealer for the SOLD! exhibition & a day out. Loved it as always. Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Saturday||09:00||- 16:45|
|Bank Holiday||09:00||- 16:45|
* Closed 25,25 Dec, 1 Jan.