The Axe House Spennymoor is a family fun business founded in 2020 by brothers Chris and Callum Tingle.
The Axe House was built in the 2020 lockdown and opened in August 2020. We wanted to build a unique family fun venue. We have the UK's first dedicated UV/Glow-in-the-dark graffitied throwing area complete with a glowing target and axes. We also have a VIP upstairs area which is separate from the rest of The Axe House ideal for parties, hen/stag doo's, gender reveals, and much more. The VIP area has 3 lanes plus its own sound system, drinks fridge, and comfy chesterfield sofas. We sell drinks, (now including alcohol) light snacks, and coffee.
We are very passionate about what we do and during your session, you have your very own coach who can provide different throwing techniques, hints, and tips. As well as some secret weapons to throw. Safety is the number one priority at The Axe House! Please check our website for safety information or drop us an email if you have any questions.
We work within our local community along with the Spennymoor Football club and Five Acres Community Gardens based in Newton Aycliffe. We also work with many small local companies and source our timber locally.
The Axe House is fully accessible and meets all requirements for the disability act 2010.
No question is a silly question so please email us or message us via our social media platforms (#theaxehouseuk)
We look forward to welcoming you to the best Axe Throwing Experience in the North. - at The Axe House.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- X6275HPdeankTrip Type:Friends getawayAmazing timeMonday, 21st August 2023Had a brilliant time. Staff were friendly and super cool and you can tell they love being there. Fully recommend giving this a go. So many variants so not exclusively axes. Read full review
- Amy BGreat experienceMonday, 9th October 2023Really fun experience! There was lots of variation to the axes used which kept things really interesting - the staff were also very friendly and helpful. Would 100% recommend. Read full review
- Justine STrip Type:Friends getawayWhat a laugh and learned a new skill!Sunday, 19th November 2023A bunch of gen Xers out for a fun afternoon for a birthday. Was not disappointed- was brilliant. We learned to throw many different implements, after a quick safety talk and demo ny the lovely staff... Read full review
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 10 and over can play with the real axes, under 10 years old ate totally free and can play with the toy axes and games
- Child seat available
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cater for Corporate events
- Cater for school groups
- Fully qualified instructors
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- All Year
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|Tuesday - Friday||18:00||- 22:00|