The Axe House Spennymoor is a family fun business founded in 2020 by brothers Chris and Callum Tingle.
The Axe House was built in the 2020 lockdown and opened in August 2020. We wanted to build a unique family fun venue. We have the UK's first dedicated UV/Glow-in-the-dark graffitied throwing area complete with a glowing target and axes. We also have a VIP upstairs area which is separate from the rest of The Axe House ideal for parties, hen/stag doo's, gender reveals, and much more. The VIP area has 3 lanes plus its own sound system, drinks fridge, and comfy chesterfield sofas. We sell drinks, (now including alcohol) light snacks, and coffee.
We are very passionate about what we do and during your session, you have your very own coach who can provide different throwing techniques, hints, and tips. As well as some secret weapons to throw. Safety is the number one priority at The Axe House! Please check our website for safety information or drop us an email if you have any questions.
We work within our local community along with the Spennymoor Football club and Five Acres Community Gardens based in Newton Aycliffe. We also work with many small local companies and source our timber locally.
The Axe House is fully accessible and meets all requirements for the disability act 2010.
No question is a silly question so please email us or message us via our social media platforms (#theaxehouseuk)
We look forward to welcoming you to the best Axe Throwing Experience in the North. - at The Axe House.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- B308JHkevinlTrip Type:CouplesGreat experienceFriday, 13th May 2022Learning to through the different types of axes and knives was my favourite part of it, would definitely recommend visiting. Read full review
- Aaron1537Trip Type:Friends getawayAwesomeSaturday, 14th May 2022Great time, great staff! Really fun sport or great for one off trips and want something different to do Read full review
- Shell_TkDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAWESOME! Get it booked!Monday, 16th May 2022This place is absolutely awesome! A very welcome break free from your average day out and 100% value for money! We were a mixed group aged 12 to 65 and everybody loved it! The staff are all really... Read full review
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 10 and over can play with the real axes, under 10 years old ate totally free and can play with the toy axes and games
- Child seat available
- 2m distancing in place
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Time limited visits
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cater for Corporate events
- Cater for school groups
- Fully qualified instructors
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- All Year
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|Tuesday - Friday||18:00||- 22:00|