AboutA cycle loop from Seaham taking in National Cycle Network 1 (off-road), returning via Cold Hesledon back to Seaham.
Leave Seaham up North Railway Street, Harbour Walk, Station Road until you reach the crossroads at Lord Byrons Walk. Head north onto the B1285 up to Seaham Grange then back down in a loop to link up with the NCN Route 1 off-road cycle path.
Follow this south down past Seaton to Murton Moor then head North-East on the path along Long Run and Hesledon Bank, heading under the A19 up Stony Cut Bank back towards Seaham.
Route taken from Durham County Council North Cycle Map.
- Distance: 5-10 Miles
- Grade: Moderate
- Route Surface: Off Road
- Route Surface: On Road
- Route Surface: Railway Path
- Grade (Moderate)
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Outdoor Attraction
- Route Surface (On Road) - Some minor roads around Seaham.
- Route Surface (Railway Path/Walkers/Horses/Villages/Roads)
- Route Surface (Road and Surfaced Path)
- Route Surface (Traffic free Railway path/Kids)
- Route Surface (Traffic free/Cycle Path/Walkers)
- Suitable For (Any Bike)
- Time (2-3 hours)