Distance: 4.5 miles
A route around the Bedburn valley giving elevated views over the forest and showing varied habitats of mixed woodland. Initially, the orange route follows the Riverside Trail beside the Bedburn Beck before leaving it for a higher forest road, dropping down to the Grove. The route now follows an old drove road to the ruin of Metcalf's house which was once a coaching inn complete with stables. A stone path takes you back to the forest drive and back to the start via an oak plantation.
Please note that this is a waymarked trail.
Route provided by The Forestry Commission - Hamsterley Forest.
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Grade: Moderate
- Theme: Breathtaking Views
- Theme: Family Friendly
- Theme: Forest / Woodland Trail
- Theme: Nature
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Parking (charge)
- Experience level - intermediate
- Fitness level required - medium
- Route maps available
- Self guided walks/cycle rides
- Forest Location
- In countryside