The Chester-le-Street Heritage Trail is a walk around the 2000 year history of Chester-le-Street market town, taking in sites of Roman occupation, Christian Heritage and Victorian Industry. You can take in the character and history of the buildings and sites as you enjoy your tour.
Although the information boards around the route are numbered, the route is circular and can be joined at any point.
There is a slightly amended route avoiding steps for part of the trail, suitable for disabled visitors. This is clearly shown on the leaflet which you can download from the website.
Route supplied by Chester-le-Street Area Action Partnership.
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Distance: 1-5 Miles
- Grade: Easy
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - Yes, in town centre.
- Ramp / Level Access - There is a route avoiding steps.
- Route Surface: Off Road
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors - In town centre.
- Café - In town centre.
- Restaurant - In town centre.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Parking (charge)
- Experience level - beginner
- Fitness level required - low
- Route maps available
- Self guided walks/cycle rides
- Shop - Located around the town centre.
- Toilets - Located around the town centre.
- Distance (0-5 Km)
- Grade (Easy)
- In town/city centre
- Outdoor Attraction
- Time (1-2 hours)