Bishop Auckland/Brandon Loop Cycle Route
Auckland Park Roundabout
Tel: +44 03000 265 309
AboutBishop Auckland/Brandon Loop is a 17 mile intermediate cycle route, mostly off-road. It is marked on the Durham County Council South Durham Cycle Map as CDS3.
Use the off-road Auckland Way Railway Path from Bishop Auckland to Spennymoor (near Whitworth Hall Country Park) then use bridleways to Sunderland Bridge with some slightly tricky sections.
There is an excellent track from the River Wear to a minor road up to cross the A690 with care.
Then follow the Brandon to Bishop Auckland Railway Path back to Bishop Auckland.
This route passes near to the following Taste Durham establishments:
The Green Tree - 1727, Tudhoe and Bailey's Restaurant - The Best Western Honest Lawyer Hotel, Croxdale.
Route taken from Durham County Council South Cycle Map.
- Distance: 10-20 Miles
- Grade: Moderate
- Route Surface: Off Road
- Route Surface: On Road
- Route Surface: Railway Path
- Grade (Moderate)
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Outdoor Attraction
- Route Surface (On Road) - On-road for a small part of the route.
- Route Surface (Railway Path/Walkers/Horses/Villages/Roads)
- Route Surface (Road and Surfaced Path) - On-road for a small part of the route.
- Route Surface (Traffic free Railway path/Kids)
- Route Surface (Traffic free/Cycle Path/Walkers)
- Suitable For (Any Bike)
- Time (Half Day)
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|