Our visitor centre offers excellent facilities including an interactive exhibition space, fully equipped education room, gift shop, cafe and public toilets. The Tower Cafe is open daily offering a wonderful selection of home made soups, sandwiches, scones, pies and cakes. Whether calling in for lunch, ice cream or just a refreshing drink after a walk, a warm and friendly welcome awaits you.
There is a designated barbecue area situated to the left of Temple Field, near the picnic benches. Unauthorised fires are not permitted in any other areas of the park. We ask that all barbecues are disposed of responsibly. Please ensure your barbecue is fully extinguished and cool before putting it into the bin.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good147
- Stuart CDuffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCoffee and cake despite lockdownMonday, 16th November 2020Was in the adjacent hotel through work and walked around here most days for some R&R as everything else was shut. Lovely park with various follies and curios dotted around a large lake. Cafe served... Read full review
- MissAmyLouiseLambNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMore than a parkSaturday, 21st November 2020Hardwick Park is more than just a park. There are a few lakes with lots of birds for the kids to feed, there are monuments and buildings. It is a beautiful place to walk around for any age. We payed... Read full review
- linzi2572Peterlee, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyParking fine!Sunday, 22nd November 2020Lovely park, which we visit often. On this occasion, we visited today and had to park in the overflow. There was a sign taped over the parking payment machine, which would not allow payment. Returned... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|