Our visitor centre offers excellent facilities including an interactive exhibition space, fully equipped education room, gift shop, cafe and public toilets. The Tower Cafe is open daily offering a wonderful selection of home made soups, sandwiches, scones, pies and cakes. Whether calling in for lunch, ice cream or just a refreshing drink after a walk, a warm and friendly welcome awaits you.
There is a designated barbecue area situated to the left of Temple Field, near the picnic benches. Unauthorised fires are not permitted in any other areas of the park. We ask that all barbecues are disposed of responsibly. Please ensure your barbecue is fully extinguished and cool before putting it into the bin.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good136
- boleynmagpieNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomLOVELY WALK GOOD FACILITIESWednesday, 7th August 2019Visited for the first time with my two young grand children ,was concerned as to condition after recent rains ,however all main paths are tarmac ,although you can.venture into woods if you can keep... Read full review
- Ade MStockton-on-Tees, United KingdomLovelyWednesday, 7th August 2019This is a lovely place to go for the day,have a picnic,have fun with the family.Not too far in distance.Well looked after grounds,relaxing Read full review
- 793dennishThornaby on Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGem of a placeSaturday, 24th August 2019Lovely place to visit, particularly with family. Plenty of walks with lovely features - water, follies, varied paths. Plenty of seating dotted here n there. Lots of picnic places. Just such a lovely... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|