Our visitor centre offers excellent facilities including an interactive exhibition space, fully equipped education room, gift shop, cafe and public toilets. The Tower Cafe is open daily offering a wonderful selection of home made soups, sandwiches, scones, pies and cakes. Whether calling in for lunch, ice cream or just a refreshing drink after a walk, a warm and friendly welcome awaits you.
There is a designated barbecue area situated to the left of Temple Field, near the picnic benches. Unauthorised fires are not permitted in any other areas of the park. We ask that all barbecues are disposed of responsibly. Please ensure your barbecue is fully extinguished and cool before putting it into the bin.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good147
- Pep851Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyParking Fine RacketWednesday, 18th August 2021Visited this morning for the very first time. Entered car parking area, not one pay and display sign was visible therefore believed it was free parking. Only on exit via the Cafe area 3 hours later... Read full review
- las123singing2016Whitley Bay, United KingdomWalk in the ParkFriday, 17th September 2021The beautiful September weather made our walk around the lake so enjoyable. It was so peaceful, with only the sound of the Canada geese disturbing the silence. A little piece of heaven, away from... Read full review
- C2074UYsusanbTrip Type:Solo travelTranquil Gardens, beautifully tended SueFriday, 8th October 2021Tranquil Park, beautifully tended. A great place to just be at one with nature. Lovely paths, picturesque lakes. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Dogs Accepted - Must be on a lead.
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|