The café offers a wonderful menu with a choice of home-made soups, sandwiches, scones, cakes and lots more. Ingredients are organic or locally sourced where possible.
There are highchairs available and baby changing facilities in the accessible toilet.
We now have a stunning awning over our picnic area to enable you to dine in the great outdoors.
Our shop has an array of gifts, souvenirs, jewellery and books.
Many gifts have been made by local crafts people, local suppliers, using local resources or using recycled materials or are in some way environmentally friendly.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good6
- PeckisherNorth East England, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCosy cafe Delicious soupThursday, 27th July 2017Lovely cosy cafe to visit after a cold trip down into the mine. The soup was hot, tasty and delicious, served with warm crusty bread By friendly, helpful staff. Read full review
- sheepygoldlondonTrip Type:CouplesFirst rate food and cakeSaturday, 9th September 2017This cafe is part of the lead mining museum but you can visit it without having to pay for museum entry. It is a perfect stop off point if you are driving through upper Weardale. The roasted green... Read full review
- jtl2404Ripon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA very good on-site cafeSunday, 15th April 2018Just had cake and coffee/hot chocolate whilst waiting for the lead mine tour. Simple stuff but couldn't have been done better - excellent coffee and a super range of fresh cakes. All very... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|Shop (1 Apr 2019 - 3 Nov 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Cafe (1 Apr 2019 - 3 Nov 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||11:00||- 16:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 16:00|
* Free admission to shop and café.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A69. Take the A689 road, Killhope is situated between Alston and Stanhope.
Public Transport Directions
For Public travel information - please call Traveline 0871 200 22 33. Weardale Travel (01388 528 235) service 101 Runs up to Killhope at request on Sundays and in summer holidays.