Our site is perfectly situated near to the banks of the River Derwent in a quiet, tranquil location next to the picturesque village of Ebchester.
Each one of our 4 Star, real wood lodges comes with a private hot tub, a log fire and private parking for two cars. Within each lodge you will find all bedding, towels and toiletries for your convenience.
We provide a complimentary basket of logs for the fire on your arrival, to keep you cosy on a cold night, and a complimentary bottle of wine from Pit Stop, a local supplier near Lanchester.
For our guests, we have also facilitated a 10% discount at a local Italian restaurant called Santonios, a 20% discount at Diggerland and a 25% discount on Individual Beamish Museum Unlimited Passes, AND if you want to celebrate that special occasion with a personalised, handmade cake, we have teamed up with Sara from Sara's Kitchen who will supply a cake with a 25% discount!
Nearby is the River Derwent and from March to October we can issue Fishing Licences (for a small fee); there are many cycle routes nearby too with the Derwent Walk only half a mile away and the C2C (we can store your cycle securely on our site); the Roman Wall 20 minutes away; Durham City 25 Minutes; Newcastle 25 Minutes and walking in the nearby woods or North Pennines and Northumberland National Park.
Our Lodges are also located in a Dark Skies location, affording amazing views of the stars!
Here at Vindomora Country Lodges, we provide a bespoke holiday experience, built around our guests requirements. Just ask and we will do our best to provide what you need.
Remember, your lodge comes with its own private hot tub so you can unwind under the stars or chill out after a day out.
Hope to see you soon!
Vindomora Country Lodges.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Chesters Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The Coria Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The Hadrian Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The Housesteads Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The St Ebba Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The Vindolanda Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- HellyjobExceptionalTuesday, 7th May 2019I have just returned from a weekend stay at vindomora country lodges in the idyllic location of northumberland. As you drive into the site you are immediately struck by the beautiful surroundings... Read full review
- 261visitorCape Town, South AfricaAbsolutely stunning with Craig the mgr seemingly always at handTuesday, 7th May 2019Log cabin conjures up a small hut in the woods. These Lodges are beautifully made and fitted out to a very high Std. They are spaced so that each one has a view of the farm field across the Rd.The... Read full review
- rebeccawR3292ATCarlisle, United KingdomFantastic family breakFriday, 31st May 2019We have just had a perfect half term staying here. The lodge was fantastic, everything you could wish for. Beautifully done out. The lodge is situated in a lovely area. Craig the manager was very... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Fishing - Fishing Licence available for a small fee (March to October)
- Hot Tub
- Other sporting facilities - Cycling with a secure cycle store
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome - Secure cycle store available
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Dark Skies Cycling - secure store available Walking Fishing - Fishing licence available March to October
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2018 - 3 Jan 2020)|
* Open throughout the year for 3, 4 and 7 night stays, or longer if required.
Discounts available for members of the Emergency Services, NHS and Armed Forces
Map & Directions
Located off the A6309, 600 metres west of the junction with the A694 Ebchester, County Durham
Public Transport Directions
Closest Train Stations located at Newcastle Central Station - 30 minutes by car / Durham City Train Station - 30 minutes by car.
Closest Airport located at Newcastle International Airport - 25 minutes by car.
Closest Bus Stop located on the A694, next to Ebchester Village Store.