Our Exclusive, Award Winning Luxury 4 & 5 Star Lodges are situated near to the banks of the River Derwent in a quiet, tranquil location next to the picturesque village of Ebchester.
Each one of our 8 real wood lodges comes with a private, covered hot tub, a log fire and private parking for two cars. Within each lodge you will find all bedding, towels and toiletries for your convenience.
Our Lodges range from a Romantic Couples Lodge, our Award Winning Restricted Mobility Lodge and six other Lodges that sleep up to 6 people, some of which have ensuites. All our Lodges are Pet Friendly too.
Choose, The 5 Star Arbeia Lodge for those romantic getaways, which includes a super king bed, whirlpool bath and massaging shower, as well as a hot tub which has amazing elevated views.
Want something larger, then the 5 Star Oswin Lodge will be for you, again with amazing views from the balcony or private hot tub, or the 5 Star St Ebba Lodge, recently upgraded and includes a secure patio area for your pets.
The Coria Lodge, for guests who have restricted mobility includes wider doors, a ramped access, a wet room, a hoist for the hot tub and a hoist in one bedroom, so no matter your requirements, our lodges can be enjoyed by all!
Or choose one of four 4 Star Lodges, all with private covered hot tubs, from The Hadrian Lodge, The Housesteads Lodge with its large secure garden, The Vindolanda Lodge or the Premium 4 Star Chesters Lodge.
Find out more by taking a Virtual Tour in all our Lodges by clicking on the link - bit.ly/3bTqsua
We provide a complimentary basket of logs for the real log fire on your arrival, to keep you cosy on a cold night, and a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates too!
For our guests enjoyment, we have facilitated a 10% discount at a local Italian restaurant called Santonios, a 25% discount on Individual Beamish Museum Unlimited Passes and a 10% Discount at The Anchor in Whittonstall,
Nearby is the River Derwent and from March to October fishing is permitted (Fishing Licences for a small fee); there are many cycle routes nearby too with the Derwent Walk only half a mile away and the C2C (we can store your cycle securely on our site); the Roman Wall 30 minutes away; Durham City 25 Minutes; Newcastle 25 Minutes and walking in the nearby woods or North Pennines and Northumberland National Park.
Our Lodges are also located next to two Dark Skies locations, affording amazing views of the stars!
Here at Vindomora Country Lodges, we provide a bespoke holiday experience, built around our guests requirements. So if your require anything to make you stay more enjoyable, or you have a specific need, just ask and we will do our best to provide what you require.
Remember, your lodges comes with their own private, covered hot tub so you can unwind under the stars or chill out after a day out, no matter what the weather.
Still unsure? Check our Reviews on Tripadvisor (there is a link on this page) and Google Reviews and see what our previous guests have said about Vindomora Country Lodges.
Our awards include,
Bronze Award - Self Catering Accommodation Provider of the Year, North East Tourism Awards 2023.
Gold Award - Accessible and Inclusive Tourism Award, North East England Tourism Awards 2022.
Bronze Award - Camping, Glamping & Holiday Park of the Year, North East England Tourism Awards 2022.
Highly Commended - Self Catering Accommodation Provider of the Year, North East England Tourism Awards 2020
Further information and Virtual Tours of our lodges can also be viewed on our website at https://www.vindomoracountrylodges.co.uk
If you have any questions or require any assistance with your booking, please call the Manager Craig on 01207 56 33 65
Hope to see you soon!
Vindomora Country Lodges.
WE BEAT ANY ADVERTISED PRICE FOR OUR LODGES IF YOU BOOK DIRECT*
*We beat any advertised price shown through Vacation Rentals and their associated websites.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Arbeia||£450.00 per unit per week|
|The Chesters Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Coria Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Hadrian Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Housesteads Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Oswin - 5 Star Lodge||£665.00 per unit per week|
|The St Ebba Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Vindolanda Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
*Please check our website as prices fluctuate throughout the year, pending on season.
Book DIRECT to receive the cheapest price
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Self Catering Holiday Provider of the Year Award - Highly Comm. 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East Tourism Awards - Self Catering Accommodation of the Year - Bronze 2023
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Nicola DUnited KingdomEbba Lodge, just stunningSaturday, 16th September 2023We both totally agree with all of the wonderful reviews left for these lodges. They are stunning and in a beautiful location. Craig allowed us to walk into Ebba Lodge first so we really got the wow... Read full review
- robin dGlasgow, United KingdomJust stunningTuesday, 19th September 2023Second year here so peaceful and spacious a log burner and a cosy feel a great place to just escape normal life stress A hot tub to unwind in and shops within a 10 min walk Pet friendly so no... Read full review
- tibzey99Halifax, United KingdomGreat holiday locationFriday, 22nd September 2023If you want a peaceful relaxing holiday in a clean well maintained lodge the look no further. I have taken my disabled wife here 4 times and it does her so much good it's like seeing a different... Read full review
- NAS MOBILITY - The Coria Lodge has been developed for guests with restricted mobility, with ramped access, wider doors, rail and hoist systems in one bedroom and over the hot tub, as well as a wet room with raised toilet and handles
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Fishing - Fishing Licence available for a small fee (March to October)
- Hot Tub
- Other sporting facilities - Cycling with a secure cycle store
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Parking available next to each Lodge, except Housesteads Lodge
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen provided - Extra towels available at a small cost
- Pets accepted
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome - Secure cycle store available
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Dark Skies Cycling - secure store available Walking Fishing - Fishing licence available March to October
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open throughout the year for 3, 4 and 7 night stays, or longer if required.
We beat any advertised price for our lodges if booked DIRECT.
Map & Directions
Located off the A6309, 600 metres west of the junction with the A694 Ebchester, County Durham
Public Transport Directions
Closest Train Stations located at Newcastle Central Station - 30 minutes by car / Durham City Train Station - 30 minutes by car.
Closest Airport located at Newcastle International Airport - 25 minutes by car.
Closest Bus Stop located on the A694, next to Ebchester Village Store.