Our Lodges are situated near to the banks of the River Derwent in a quiet, tranquil location next to the picturesque village of Ebchester.
Each one of our 4 Star, real wood lodges comes with a private, covered hot tub, a log fire and private parking for two cars. Within each lodge you will find all bedding, towels and toiletries for your convenience.
We provide a complimentary basket of logs for the fire on your arrival, to keep you cosy on a cold night, and a complimentary bottle of wine from Pit Stop, a local supplier near Lanchester.
For our guests, we have also facilitated a 10% discount at a local Italian restaurant called Santonios, a 20% discount at Diggerland and a 25% discount on Individual Beamish Museum Unlimited Passes, AND if you want to celebrate that special occasion with a personalised, handmade cake, we have teamed up with Sara from Sara's Kitchen who will supply a cake with a 25% discount!
Nearby is the River Derwent and from March to October fishing is permitted (Fishing Licences for a small fee); there are many cycle routes nearby too with the Derwent Walk only half a mile away and the C2C (we can store your cycle securely on our site); the Roman Wall 30 minutes away; Durham City 25 Minutes; Newcastle 25 Minutes and walking in the nearby woods or North Pennines and Northumberland National Park.
Our Lodges are also located in a Dark Skies location, affording amazing views of the stars!
Here at Vindomora Country Lodges, we provide a bespoke holiday experience, built around our guests requirements. So if your require anything to make you stay more enjoyable, or you have a specific need, just ask and we will do our best to provide what you require.
Remember, your lodge comes with its own private, covered hot tub so you can unwind under the stars or chill out after a day out, no matter what the weather.
Still unsure? Check our Reviews on Tripadvisor (there is a link on this page) and Google Reviews and see what our previous guests say about Vindomora Country Lodges.
Further information and our new Virtual Tours can also be viewed on our website at https://www.vindomoracountrylodges.co.uk
If you have any questions or require any assistance with your booking, please call the Manager Craig on 07842 165398
Hope to see you soon!
Vindomora Country Lodges.
WE BEAT ANY ADVERTISED PRICE FOR OUR LODGES IF YOU BOOK DIRECT*
*We beat any advertised price shown through Vacation Rentals and their associated websites. We do not match prices offered to you by Third Party booking sites, for example Tripadvisor or Holiday Lettings.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Chesters Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The Coria Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The Hadrian Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The Housesteads Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The St Ebba Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
|The Vindolanda Lodge||from £475.00 to £1,059.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- TavassoBeautiful lodges!Wednesday, 1st January 2020We had the absolute pleasure of staying in The Chester lodge. It exceeded all of our expectations.. everything was catered for, the lodge was immaculate and spacious and it was decorated with a... Read full review
- Alibones1970Absolutely amazing stayFriday, 3rd January 2020We stayed here in October half term. Two adults, 2 kids and our dog. We had the most amazing stay. The lodges are absolutely amazing. They were well equipped so cosy with a log fire, huge private... Read full review
- 876vikkikSunderland, United KingdomFabulous Stay - 100% recommend - top end lodgesMonday, 13th January 2020A group of 22 of us plus 4 dogs stayed in 4 of the available lodges for 4 nights over New Year. These lodges are very spacious and decorated to a high standard. We were made to feel very welcome... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Fishing - Fishing Licence available for a small fee (March to October)
- Hot Tub
- Other sporting facilities - Cycling with a secure cycle store
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome - Secure cycle store available
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Dark Skies Cycling - secure store available Walking Fishing - Fishing licence available March to October
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Open throughout the year for 3, 4 and 7 night stays, or longer if required.
Discounts available for members of the Emergency Services, NHS and Armed Forces
Map & Directions
Located off the A6309, 600 metres west of the junction with the A694 Ebchester, County Durham
Public Transport Directions
Closest Train Stations located at Newcastle Central Station - 30 minutes by car / Durham City Train Station - 30 minutes by car.
Closest Airport located at Newcastle International Airport - 25 minutes by car.
Closest Bus Stop located on the A694, next to Ebchester Village Store.