Vindomora Country Lodges
Tel: +44 01207 56 33 65
Tel: +44 07842 165398
Our Exclusive, Award Winning Luxury 4 & 5 Star Lodges are situated near to the banks of the River Derwent in a quiet, tranquil location next to the picturesque village of Ebchester.
CLICK HERE TO TAKE A VIRTUAL TOUR OF VINDOMORA LODGES
Each one of our 8 real wood lodges comes with a private, covered hot tub, a log fire and private parking for two cars. Within each lodge you will find all bedding, towels and toiletries for your convenience.
Released in Summer 2020 is our Coria Lodge, for guests who have restricted mobility. This lodge includes wider doors, a ramped access, a wet room, a hoist for the hot tub and a hoist in one bedroom, so no matter your requirements, our lodges can be enjoyed by all!
Newly opened in October 2021, our new 5 Star Oswin Lodge, with a private covered hot tub, balcony, raised patio area and garden, plus amazing views of open countryside.
We provide a complimentary basket of logs for the real log fire on your arrival, to keep you cosy on a cold night, and a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates too!
For our guests enjoyment, we have facilitated a 10% discount at a local Italian restaurant called Santonios, a 25% discount on Individual Beamish Museum Unlimited Passes, a 10% Discount at The Anchor in Whittonstall, AND if you want to celebrate that special occasion with a personalised, handmade cake, we have teamed up with Sara from Sara's Kitchen who will supply a cake with a 25% discount!
Nearby is the River Derwent and from March to October fishing is permitted (Fishing Licences for a small fee); there are many cycle routes nearby too with the Derwent Walk only half a mile away and the C2C (we can store your cycle securely on our site); the Roman Wall 30 minutes away; Durham City 25 Minutes; Newcastle 25 Minutes and walking in the nearby woods or North Pennines and Northumberland National Park.
Our Lodges are also located next to two Dark Skies locations, affording amazing views of the stars!
Here at Vindomora Country Lodges, we provide a bespoke holiday experience, built around our guests requirements. So if your require anything to make you stay more enjoyable, or you have a specific need, just ask and we will do our best to provide what you require.
Remember, your lodge comes with its own private, covered hot tub so you can unwind under the stars or chill out after a day out, no matter what the weather.
Still unsure? Check our Reviews on Tripadvisor (there is a link on this page) and Google Reviews and see what our previous guests have said about Vindomora Country Lodges. We also received Highly Commended in the Self Catering Accommodation Provider of the Year category, in the North East Tourism Awards 2020.
Further information and Virtual Tours of our lodges can also be viewed on our website at https://www.vindomoracountrylodges.co.uk
If you have any questions or require any assistance with your booking, please call the Manager Craig on 01207 56 33 65 or 07842 165398
Hope to see you soon!
Vindomora Country Lodges.
WE BEAT ANY ADVERTISED PRICE FOR OUR LODGES IF YOU BOOK DIRECT*
*We beat any advertised price shown through Vacation Rentals and their associated websites. We do not match prices offered to you by Third Party booking sites, for example Tripadvisor or Holiday Lettings.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Chesters Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Coria Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Hadrian Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Housesteads Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Oswin - 5 Star Lodge||£665.00 per unit per week|
|The St Ebba Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Vindolanda Lodge||£575.00 per unit per week|
|The Vinovia Apartment - 4 Star||£415.00 per unit per week|
*Please check our website as prices fluctuate throughout the year, pending on season.
Book DIRECT to receive the cheapest price
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Self Catering Holiday Provider of the Year Award - Highly Comm. 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dark Sky Friendly Durham 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- AnitaS2889Housesteads petTuesday, 28th February 2023Fantastic location. Cabin so cosy. Hot tub hot. The thing that is so special is the diamond Craig. Nothing is any bother and so helpful. Thankyou so much Craig and your team Read full review
- icclebugDoncaster, United KingdomAMAZING!Wednesday, 8th March 2023What a fantastic find! Vindomora Lodges really do live up to the 5* reviews that they have on Trip Advisor. We stayed in Vindolanda Lodge in February half term with our 2 girls (13 & 9) and it was a... Read full review
- edwinsB2260XPPerfect, relaxing location and log cabin!Wednesday, 15th March 2023Location is perfect, with lovely scenery and just a relaxing environment inside and out. Everything you need is in the cabin and the log fire helps with the relaxation time. The hot tub was the... Read full review
- NAS MOBILITY - The Coria Lodge has been developed for guests with restricted mobility, with ramped access, wider doors, rail and hoist systems in one bedroom and over the hot tub, as well as a wet room with raised toilet and handles
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- 2m distancing in place
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Open now
- Outside seating
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Fishing - Fishing Licence available for a small fee (March to October)
- Hot Tub
- Other sporting facilities - Cycling with a secure cycle store
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome - Secure cycle store available
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Dark Skies Cycling - secure store available Walking Fishing - Fishing licence available March to October
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Open throughout the year for 3, 4 and 7 night stays, or longer if required.
We beat any advertised price for our lodges if booked DIRECT.
Map & Directions
Located off the A6309, 600 metres west of the junction with the A694 Ebchester, County Durham
Public Transport Directions
Closest Train Stations located at Newcastle Central Station - 30 minutes by car / Durham City Train Station - 30 minutes by car.
Closest Airport located at Newcastle International Airport - 25 minutes by car.
Closest Bus Stop located on the A694, next to Ebchester Village Store.