AboutSet close to Durham City but within a few minutes of the Durham countryside and 20 minutes from Newcastle and Sunderland you'll find The Shoes - a family run bar offering traditional service with an extensive lunchtime menu and three tastefully decorated bedrooms offering bed and breakfast accommodation.
The location is perfect for those wishing to visit Durham City and the surrounding areas.
Recently renovated and refurbished. There are three twin bedrooms all beautifully furnished. Each room has en suite bathroom, wall mounted flat screen TV with freeview and tea/coffee making facilities. WiFi internet access also available.
Fully Licenced Bar
Large Beer Garden
Restaurant offering an extensive lunchtime menu
3 Large flat screen TV's showing all sports
3 Luxury letting bedrooms all en-suite
Darts Domino and Poker leagues
Live entertainment twice monthly
Sunday night quiz and bingo.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 21st Mar 2019
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 22nd Mar 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Twin en suite||£60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single en suite||£45.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £45, Double Occupancy £60 per room per night.
- 3 Visit England Stars Inn
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good16
- Gary STrip Type:Solo travelA Little Bit of Old Style English Charm in DurhamSunday, 4th November 2018We have been staying in British B&Bs for forty years. The Shoes is an example of the way the warm experience used to be and often still is. The Gowlands were attentive and friendly hosts who did... Read full review
- chas_gibsonDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAll Good.Sunday, 10th February 2019We stayed overnight and enjoyed our visit to both the city of Durham and The Shoes. Our room number 2 was on the 3rd floor and was clean and modern.Debbie checked us in and helped us with some local... Read full review
- Sue FGlasgow, United KingdomPerfect for the Single Ladies!Tuesday, 12th March 2019I stayed here to visit daughter at Durham University. The location is excellent and the bus from town stops opposite the pub. You can walk from the station in about 15-20 mins but it is a steepish... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|