Escape the urban hubbub, relax and unwind at The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa.
Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and close to attractions including The Bowes Museum, Raby Castle and Barnard Castle, the historic “Morritt” offers northern welcomes and an unstuffy, romantic atmosphere. With award-winning food, a luxurious modern spa, and individually designed guest rooms, we’re perfect for short breaks, special occasions, weddings or an escape from the every-day.
As a privately run hotel and spa we place a great deal of value on service. Our customers constantly tell us that it is our employees who make The Morritt a special place to visit. Our philosophy is “yes, we can” – if we can do something for you, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
And you don’t have to stay with us to enjoy a visit to The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa – call in for afternoon tea, an excellent meal, or morning coffee.
Our luxurious spa – The Garage Spa – adjoins the hotel. It’s a building with a fascinating past, transformed from an ancient stopping station into a first-class spa. Created with imagination and luxurious rural simplicity, sumptuous decor awash with warm natural stone and timber welcomes you like an old friend. Here you'll find everything you expect from a modern spa and more including a wide range of facials, massages, wraps and scrubs.
A visit to our hotel isn’t complete without a trip to The Garage and hotel residential guests benefit from discounted use of the spa facilities. We also have a range of overnight and day spa breaks available, with offers updated frequently.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Bronze Executive Single en suite||from £75.00 to £115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite (2+2)||from £125.00 to £185.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gold Double/Twin||from £95.00 to £145.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Platinum Double/Twin||from £155.00 to £179.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Platinum Suite||from £169.00 to £200.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Silver Double/Twin||from £85.00 to £125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2015
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good129
- TotalpostAlstonTrip Type:CouplesOlde World charm in bucket loads and never changed in 25+ years.Sunday, 7th January 2018I could have stayed all day chatting to staff who all extoled the various virtues of the hotel and are a credit to their profession. Since first visiting over 25 years ago it hardly seems to have... Read full review
- mikdale038Richmond, United KingdomBirthday CelebrationsSaturday, 6th January 2018Having always taken the stance that a spa is not for me, I reluctantly attended as part of my Wife's birthday celebrations. We attended with a couple of friends and were warmly greeted into the... Read full review
- keithbev2018Birmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCelebrating New Year with a differenceThursday, 4th January 2018We booked for three nights and have stayed before and will do so again mainly as a result of the wonderful staff at the hotel who go out of the way to resolve any problems. They were some issues not... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome in courtyard rooms (both upstairs). Charge of £10 per night.
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have a recycle policy and encourage guests to assist in this.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Parking by front door, restaurant table by the side or room service offered.
- Special provisions for walkers - Special leaflet describing walks from our hotel, we can supply a guide. Prepare packed lunches.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
From Scotch Corner head west on A66 for 9 miles. Greta Bridge is on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 15 miles
Twenty minutes by taxi.