Escape the urban hubbub, relax and unwind at The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa.
Situated in picturesque Teesdale countryside, and close to attractions including The Bowes Museum, Raby Castle and Barnard Castle, the historic “Morritt” offers northern welcomes and an unstuffy, romantic atmosphere. With award-winning food, a luxurious modern spa, and individually designed guest rooms, we’re perfect for short breaks, special occasions, weddings or an escape from the every-day.
As a privately run hotel and spa we place a great deal of value on service. Our customers constantly tell us that it is our employees who make The Morritt a special place to visit. Our philosophy is “yes, we can” – if we can do something for you, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
And you don’t have to stay with us to enjoy a visit to The Morritt Country House Hotel & The Garage Spa – call in for afternoon tea, an excellent meal, or morning coffee.
Our luxurious spa – The Garage Spa – adjoins the hotel. It’s a building with a fascinating past, transformed from an ancient stopping station into a first-class spa. Created with imagination and luxurious rural simplicity, sumptuous decor awash with warm natural stone and timber welcomes you like an old friend. Here you'll find everything you expect from a modern spa and more including a wide range of facials, massages, wraps and scrubs.
A visit to our hotel isn’t complete without a trip to The Garage and hotel residential guests benefit from discounted use of the spa facilities. We also have a range of overnight and day spa breaks available, with offers updated frequently.
We look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 22nd Mar 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 23rd Mar 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic/Double Twin||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Executive Double/Twin||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite (2+2)||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Gold Double/Twin||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Stars
- AA AA 2 Rosettes 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Small Hotel of the Year Award - Gold 2015
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good167
- Explore436084Trip Type:Friends getawayLovely relaxing breakTuesday, 19th March 2019Visited with a friend for a birthday celebration. The Morritt is in a fab location near Richmond and Barnard Castle and just off the A66, so really easy to get to. The hotel is small and cosy, with a... Read full review
- Tony DBury St Edmunds, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNice stayTuesday, 19th March 2019We only stayed at the Morritt for one night on our way North but the welcome from the staff was exceptional and we were given an excellent room. Beer and drinks service was good and the adjoining Spa... Read full review
- OurtimeoflifeCo DurhamTrip Type:Couples1st class teaTuesday, 19th March 2019Just had Afternoon Tea and a bottle of Prosecco at the Morritt Arms. Just the ticket for a retired couple on a drab March afternoon. Lovely food, great personal service and very reasonably priced... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome in courtyard rooms (both upstairs). Charge of £10 per night.
- WiFi Available
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - We have a recycle policy and encourage guests to assist in this.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Parking by front door, restaurant table by the side or room service offered.
- Special provisions for walkers - Special leaflet describing walks from our hotel, we can supply a guide. Prepare packed lunches.
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|