Riding Farm Cottages are delightfully situated on a working family farm surrounded by peace and quiet yet 10 minutes from the A1M ideal for Durham, Beamish, Newcastle and Northumberland. Perfect location for a family holiday short breaks or business travel.
Choose from one of our 7 cottages:
Riding Cottage - 4 Star Gold traditional brick cottage sleeping up to four. Spacious and comfortable accommodation with excellent furnishings, 2 bedrooms both en suite the cottage has double glazing and central heating, a fully fitted kitchen with microwave, cooker, washer/dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, a separate cloakroom and hall, open lounge with wood burning stove flat screen colour TV DVD VCR Freeview music centre and a selection of videos, DVDs and CDs, private garden and patio furnished with table and chairs and ample parking.
Lapwing Cottage – 5 Star single storey barn conversion sleeping up to 2 + bed settee spacious comfortable and open plan accommodation with excellent furnishings, 1 bedroom ensuite bathroom with separate shower the cottage has double glazing and central heating, a fully fitted kitchen with microwave, cooker, washer/dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, colour flat screen TV DVD in all rooms Freeview music centre and a selection of videos, DVDs and CDs, private garden and patio furnished with table and chairs and ample parking. Perfect for the less able and couples
Beamish Cottage – 4 Star Gold single storey barn conversion sleeping up to 2 + bed settee spacious comfortable and open plan accommodation with excellent furnishings, 1 bedroom ensuite bathroom with separate shower the cottage has double glazing and central heating, a fully fitted kitchen with microwave, cooker, washer/dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, colour flat screen TV DVD in all rooms Freeview music centre and a selection of videos, DVDs and CDs, private garden and patio furnished with table and chairs and ample parking. Perfect for the less able
Millers Barn – 5 Star barn conversion sleeping upto 5 persons with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Downstairs enjoys open plan living and WC with its own private patio within courtyard. Fully fitted kitchen with dishwasher washer/dryer American fridge freezer flat screen colour TV/DVD in all rooms - Great for family get togethers
Pig Run and Granary Barn 4 Star Gold barn conversion’s sleeping upto 4 persons with two bedrooms both ensuite both enjoy open plan living downstairs with fully fitted kitchens. Each Cottage has its own style, with extra details ideal for a trip to Beamish Museum
Bowes Barn – 4 Star barn conversion sleeps 3 persons with 2 bedrooms and a family bathroom downstairs enjoys open plan living with feature arch windows – perfect for wildlife spotting.ideal for a small family
Riding Farm is surrounded by beautiful countryside with a network of footpaths and cycle ways, ideally located for Beamish Museum (3 miles), Angel of the North, Newcastle Gateshead Quayside, Durham Cathedral and Castle, Gateshead, Team Valley Trading Estate, Newcastle and Northumberland and there delights such as Hadrian’s Wall Alnwick Castle and Gardens and the Northumberland Coast whether walking, cycling or sightseeing.
Linen, towels heating and electric included.
Short breaks and longer lets welcome as well as larger groups as some of the cottages can inter connect.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Beamish Cottage||£295.00 per unit per week|
|Lapwing Cottage||£295.00 per unit per week|
|Millars Cottage||£395.00 per unit per week|
|Pig Run Barn||£504.00 per unit per week|
|The Riding Cottage||£395.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- 99RitaHaslemere, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelExceptionalFriday, 10th May 2019This is the 5th or 6th time in the last few years I’ve stayed with Angus and Louise at Riding Mill Cottages when visiting family in the area. It’s always a pleasure, with a warm welcome. The... Read full review
- Roving791143Trip Type:FamilyDisappointingMonday, 1st July 2019We stayed here a while ago and were looking forward to a relaxing couple of days in what looked like excellent accommodation. The cottages are in a nice quite area, you do need a car but that suited... Read full review
- pauline822Birmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLong weekendSunday, 21st July 2019An ideal base for Beamish open air museum. Quiet and peaceful, excellent accommodation with nothing too much trouble. Beautiful breakfast, on arrival a home made cake waiting to greet us. A long... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Facilities for children
- Food/Bottle Warming Available
- Special Meal Times for Children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Daily rates available
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Public telephone
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Country house
- In countryside
- WiFi Available - Extra charge for Wifi.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
Bookable Product Facilities: The Riding Cottage
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* We are open all year round and would love to welcome you to Riding Farm Cottages
Map & Directions
From the A1 take the Team Valley Trading Estate south exit, at the roundabout follow the sign for Lamesley, 1/2 mile turn right at the mini roundabout, 200 yards turn left for Kibblesworth. Immediately after passing The Ravensworth Arms Hotel turn right, 1 mile you will enter Kibblesworth Village. Continue through the village up the hill, take the second turning left, signposted No Through Road onto Riding Lane. Pass Cooper House on your left, The Riding Farm is at the end.
Public Transport Directions
From Newcastle, Monument, Pilgrim Street - take the Go North East No. 21, 21A or 21B bus to Birtley which run every 10 minutes past the hour. From Durham Bus station , stand A, take the EX1 Arriva bus to Birtley which run every 5 and 35 minutes past the hour. Arriving in Birtley take a 10 minute taxi to The Riding Farm.