Riding Farm Cottages are delightfully situated on a working family farm surrounded by peace and quiet yet 10 minutes from the A1M ideal for Durham, Beamish, Newcastle and Northumberland. Perfect location for a family holiday short breaks or business travel.
Pig Run Barn is a 4 Star Gold Cottage that sleeps up to 4 people over two bedrooms. Both bedrooms enjoy en-suite facilities & high ceilings.
Pig Run Barn is ideal for couples & families, it enjoys a sunny patio & secure garden with a network of footpaths & cycleways for you to explore all bursting with wildlife. The Cottage has a relaxed spacious open plan country style,with comfy chairs & sofas along with games, books & DVD's ideal to relax with a glass of something after a busy day! Fully equipped with high quality furnishings, little extras, fully equipped kitchen & Free Wi-Fi.
Lots of guests add a farmhouse breakfast to make their stay extra special. Or why not order your evening meals? These can be provided when ordered in advance. There is a fully fitted kitchen so you can of course self-cater here too.
The cottage is only 1.5 miles from Beamish Museum, yet surrounded by peaceful countryside with views of the countryside of our family farm Riding Farm. Chester le Street, Team Valley & Newcastle/Gateshead are only 4 miles away. Durham City, a World Heritage Site, is only 10 miles away.
The cottage is often used as a base to explore the North East, Durham & Northumberland with the high lights like Beamish Museum, our "Living Museum of the North" ,Kynren, the open air live show at Bishop Auckland, Hadrian's Wall ,Durham Dales, the Heritage Coast, Cragside at Rothbury & the North York Moors to name but a few.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Pig Run Barn||£295.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- debbiew205Hatherleigh, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely week away!Saturday, 5th September 2020Beautiful setting, lovely clean cottage and fabulous hosts! We were made to feel welcome, and as it was our second time staying there, it felt like returning to visit friends. Our grandchildren loved... Read full review
- AnnaaustinShrewsbury, United KingdomSimply Perfect In Every Way !Tuesday, 29th September 2020I do not wax lyrical about many places and I rarely write a review but this place deserves all the recognition it can get. Due to work commitments I have had the absolute pleasure of staying in one... Read full review
- NicolanetballScarboroughTrip Type:FamilyLovely cottage!Monday, 5th October 2020We had a fantastic stay here. The other reviews say it all. The bed was so comfy and crisp white bedding. Great, powerful shower. Louise delivered a yummy home made cake. So close to beamish yet... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Facilities for children
- Food/Bottle Warming Available
- Special Meal Times for Children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Daily rates available
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Public telephone
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Country house
- In countryside
- WiFi Available - Extra charge for Wifi.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wi-fi available
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* We are open all year round and would love to welcome you to Riding Farm Cottages
Map & Directions
From the A1 take the Team Valley Trading Estate south exit, at the roundabout follow the sign for Lamesley, 1/2 mile turn right at the mini roundabout, 200 yards turn left for Kibblesworth. Immediately after passing The Ravensworth Arms Hotel turn right, 1 mile you will enter Kibblesworth Village. Continue through the village up the hill, take the second turning left, signposted No Through Road onto Riding Lane. Pass Cooper House on your left, The Riding Farm is at the end.
Public Transport Directions
From Newcastle, Monument, Pilgrim Street - take the Go North East No. 21, 21A or 21B bus to Birtley which run every 10 minutes past the hour. From Durham Bus station , stand A, take the EX1 Arriva bus to Birtley which run every 5 and 35 minutes past the hour. Arriving in Birtley take a 10 minute taxi to The Riding Farm.