Durham’s only silver awarded AA rated and 4 star hotel. Set in a unique location, surrounded by 350 acres of private grounds with two 18 hole Championship golf courses, a purpose built luxury on site spa complex, four bars and award winning restaurants. Formerly the home of the Pemberton family, Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa was transformed into a hotel in 1963.
Whilst the tradition of good value and a personal welcome remains, Ramside is proud to be the largest privately-owned luxury hotel in Durham and the North East. Surrounded by 27 holes of championship golf and set in lovely grounds and gardens, the hotel has 127 stunning rooms which include suites, four poster rooms and deluxe doubles. Chill out in your complimentary bathrobe and slippers and enjoy the luxurious surroundings with bathrooms you'll never want to leave.
Whatever your preferences, there's a dining experience to suit everyone. Pick from our award-winning Rib Room Steakhouse and Grill, Fusion Asian restaurant, Pemberton's Carvery or our golfers' Clubhouse.
We offer 600 free car parking spaces and free Wi-Fi.
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa is North East of England’s most exciting risk and reward golf resort. Its two 18 hole championship golf courses, the Prince Bishops and the Cathedral, provide drama, enjoyment and excitement from the first tee to the final green.
The bright and modern spa has a thermal suite with two saunas, two steam rooms and a caldarium. Embrance you inner mermaid and dip in and out of the five different pools. Treatments are by ESPA, try the Sleep Solution or Thai and Mighty.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 26th May 2022
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 27th May 2022
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Room||£99.00 per room (room only)|
|Deluxe Room||£109.00 per room (room only)|
|Junior Suites||£159.00 per room (room only)|
|Premier Rooms||£139.00 per room (room only)|
|Presential Suites||£189.00 per room (room only)|
|The Celebration Suite||£395.00 per room (room only)|
**Rates are guide prices for room only, per night & inclusive of VAT
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- 4 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Visit England Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Large Hotel of the Year Award - Silver 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Spa Guide 5 Bubble Spa 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good804
- abbie1999daisyNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWorst place I have ever stayedSunday, 15th May 2022By far the worst place I’ve ever stayed, I booked ramside for my boyfriends birthday and paid extra for a ‘deluxe room’ the only thing slightly deluxe was the roll top bath but even that had huge... Read full review
- Curious43188537182Chester-le-Street, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood stayWednesday, 18th May 2022We were very kindly gifted vouchers for Christmas, so we decided to book a stay and dine package. When we arrived gorl.on reception was very friendly, and informed us we had been upgraded to a... Read full review
- Climber62207279446Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing treehouse staySaturday, 21st May 2022Amazing treehouse stay with gorgeous views and great hot tub. Transfer from hotel was a lovely touch and breakfast was great. We stayed in the peacock tree house which will now be a special place... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Hot Tub
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available - Free Wifi
|Season (4 July 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Opening 4th July 2020.
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 62 and follow A690 to Sunderland. Travel 400m through traffic lights and under railway bridge, turn right and you are on our drive.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 3 miles
Taxi or cross over to bus station. Take Sunderland bus (22), bus stops close to Ramside Hall.