Durham’s only silver awarded AA rated and 4 star hotel. Set in a unique location, surrounded by 350 acres of private grounds with two 18 hole Championship golf courses, a purpose built luxury on site spa complex, four bars and award winning restaurants. Formerly the home of the Pemberton family, Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa was transformed into a hotel in 1963.
Whilst the tradition of good value and a personal welcome remains, Ramside is proud to be the largest privately-owned luxury hotel in Durham and the North East. Surrounded by 27 holes of championship golf and set in lovely grounds and gardens, the hotel has 127 stunning rooms which include suites, four poster rooms and deluxe doubles. Chill out in your complimentary bathrobe and slippers and enjoy the luxurious surroundings with bathrooms you'll never want to leave.
Whatever your preferences, there's a dining experience to suit everyone. Pick from our award-winning Rib Room Steakhouse and Grill, Fusion Asian restaurant, Pemberton's Carvery or our golfers' Clubhouse.
We offer 600 free car parking spaces and free Wi-Fi.
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa is North East of England’s most exciting risk and reward golf resort. Its two 18 hole championship golf courses, the Prince Bishops and the Cathedral, provide drama, enjoyment and excitement from the first tee to the final green.
The bright and modern spa has a thermal suite with two saunas, two steam rooms and a caldarium. Embrance you inner mermaid and dip in and out of the five different pools. Treatments are by ESPA, try the Sleep Solution or Thai and Mighty.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Room||£99.00 per room (room only)|
|Deluxe Room||£109.00 per room (room only)|
|Junior Suites||£159.00 per room (room only)|
|Premier Rooms||£139.00 per room (room only)|
|Presential Suites||£189.00 per room (room only)|
|The Celebration Suite||£395.00 per room (room only)|
**Rates are guide prices for room only, per night & inclusive of VAT
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- 4 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Visit England Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Hotel of the Year Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good607
- EdHud76Houghton-le-Spring, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPembertons CarverySunday, 10th December 2017Family of 3 35 to 45 age range Time: 17:30 Firstly i’m a huge lover of the Ramside, in particular its Rib Room and Fusion restaurant so this review is difficult to leave but I do it in the hope that... Read full review
- Margaret HTrip Type:Friends getawayAfternoon TeaSunday, 10th December 2017Afternoon tea with friends. How nice and in the lovely surroundings of Ramside Hall Hotel. The tea was nice although the scones with chocolate were too messy to eat. The cakes were individual so if... Read full review
- Ged RTrip Type:CouplesChristmas PartySunday, 10th December 2017Went to a Christmas Party featuring the Jersey Boys with a group of friends and booked an overnight stay. For this type of event the food was pretty good, particularly the chicken main. The event... Read full review
- WiFi Available - Free Wifi
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Pets accepted
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 62 and follow A690 to Sunderland. Travel 400m through traffic lights and under railway bridge, turn right and you are on our drive.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 3 miles
Taxi or cross over to bus station. Take Sunderland bus (22), bus stops close to Ramside Hall.