Durham’s only silver awarded AA rated and 4 star hotel. Set in a unique location, surrounded by 350 acres of private grounds with two 18 hole Championship golf courses, a purpose built luxury on site spa complex, four bars and award winning restaurants. Formerly the home of the Pemberton family, Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa was transformed into a hotel in 1963.
Whilst the tradition of good value and a personal welcome remains, Ramside is proud to be the largest privately-owned luxury hotel in Durham and the North East. Surrounded by 27 holes of championship golf and set in lovely grounds and gardens, the hotel has 127 stunning rooms which include suites, four poster rooms and deluxe doubles. Chill out in your complimentary bathrobe and slippers and enjoy the luxurious surroundings with bathrooms you'll never want to leave.
Whatever your preferences, there's a dining experience to suit everyone. Pick from our award-winning Rib Room Steakhouse and Grill, Fusion Asian restaurant, Pemberton's Carvery or our golfers' Clubhouse.
We offer 600 free car parking spaces and free Wi-Fi.
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa is North East of England’s most exciting risk and reward golf resort. Its two 18 hole championship golf courses, the Prince Bishops and the Cathedral, provide drama, enjoyment and excitement from the first tee to the final green.
The bright and modern spa has a thermal suite with two saunas, two steam rooms and a caldarium. Embrance you inner mermaid and dip in and out of the five different pools. Treatments are by ESPA, try the Sleep Solution or Thai and Mighty.
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 27th Nov 2022
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 28th Nov 2022
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Room||£99.00 per room (room only)|
|Deluxe Room||£109.00 per room (room only)|
|Junior Suites||£159.00 per room (room only)|
|Premier Rooms||£139.00 per room (room only)|
|Presential Suites||£189.00 per room (room only)|
|The Celebration Suite||£395.00 per room (room only)|
**Rates are guide prices for room only, per night & inclusive of VAT
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- 4 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Visit England Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Tourism Awards - Large Hotel of the Year Award - Silver 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Spa Guide 5 Bubble Spa 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good812
- 385devanmTrip Type:CouplesTreehouse stayThursday, 17th November 2022Me and my partner stayed here last night at the peacock studio and we had an amazing time. Extremely clean and tidy with a very homely feel. Great for a couples night away. The staff were all super... Read full review
- Louise0012233Bath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA mixed bagSunday, 20th November 2022A good value stay. A few annoying things - people at breakfast in pyjamas and gym vest/Lycra but I am a bit of a snob so well.. you know! The limitations on using facilities is very strange. You... Read full review
- Patricia CSunderland, England, United KingdomPemperton lounge freezing , needs heating on !Wednesday, 23rd November 2022Called in just for a bite to eat in the pemperton lounge . Had the carvery which was very nice however not hot , the service as always excellent staff really nice ,pleasant and helpful , lovely... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Hot Tub
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available - Free Wifi
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 62 and follow A690 to Sunderland. Travel 400m through traffic lights and under railway bridge, turn right and you are on our drive.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 3 miles
Taxi or cross over to bus station. Take Sunderland bus (22), bus stops close to Ramside Hall.