Durham’s only silver awarded AA rated and 4 star hotel. Set in a unique location, surrounded by 350 acres of private grounds with two 18 hole Championship golf courses, a purpose built luxury on site spa complex, four bars and award winning restaurants. Formerly the home of the Pemberton family, Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa was transformed into a hotel in 1963.
Whilst the tradition of good value and a personal welcome remains, Ramside is proud to be the largest privately-owned luxury hotel in Durham and the North East. Surrounded by 27 holes of championship golf and set in lovely grounds and gardens, the hotel has 127 stunning rooms which include suites, four poster rooms and deluxe doubles. Chill out in your complimentary bathrobe and slippers and enjoy the luxurious surroundings with bathrooms you'll never want to leave.
Whatever your preferences, there's a dining experience to suit everyone. Pick from our award-winning Rib Room Steakhouse and Grill, Fusion Asian restaurant, Pemberton's Carvery or our golfers' Clubhouse.
We offer 600 free car parking spaces and free Wi-Fi.
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa is North East of England’s most exciting risk and reward golf resort. Its two 18 hole championship golf courses, the Prince Bishops and the Cathedral, provide drama, enjoyment and excitement from the first tee to the final green.
The bright and modern spa has a thermal suite with two saunas, two steam rooms and a caldarium. Embrance you inner mermaid and dip in and out of the five different pools. Treatments are by ESPA, try the Sleep Solution or Thai and Mighty.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 9th Apr 2020
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 10th Apr 2020
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Room||£99.00 per room (room only)|
|Deluxe Room||£109.00 per room (room only)|
|Junior Suites||£159.00 per room (room only)|
|Premier Rooms||£139.00 per room (room only)|
|Presential Suites||£189.00 per room (room only)|
|The Celebration Suite||£395.00 per room (room only)|
**Rates are guide prices for room only, per night & inclusive of VAT
- 4 AA Stars Hotel
- 4 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Visit England Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous North East England Hotel of the Year Silver 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous Good Spa Guide 5 Bubble Spa 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good753
- carolineR1033QGOrmskirk, United KingdomFabulousSunday, 15th March 2020On arrival we were shown to a fantastic large room. Big bed, big tv, comfy chairs and outside terrace looking at a fountain. The bathroom was beautifully designed and the biggest we had ever... Read full review
- CarolineSunderlandNewbottle, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessEvent for International Women’s dayMonday, 16th March 2020This is the second time we’ve booked Ramside Hall for this event because we knew we could be assured of excellent service and we weren’t disappointed. Everything went smoothly, the food was lovely... Read full review
- NaiKramSunderland, United KingdomSecret EscapeThursday, 26th March 2020Booked this stay through Secret Escapes for one night, which included Dinner (£50 contribution), Bed and Breakfast with a bottle of nicely chilled Prosecco on arrival. In a Premier Room. Full use of... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available - Free Wifi
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 62 and follow A690 to Sunderland. Travel 400m through traffic lights and under railway bridge, turn right and you are on our drive.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 3 miles
Taxi or cross over to bus station. Take Sunderland bus (22), bus stops close to Ramside Hall.