Huckleberry Cottage is just perfect for families, couples or groups. The quiet seclusion of your own country cottage within the stunning Beamish conservation valley. Ideal holiday location for walkers, cyclists, fishing, wildlife watching, golfers, horse riding and National Trust members.
Within walking distance to the famous and largest open air living museum of Beamish, recreating early life in the North East as well as Beamish Wild & Birds of Prey for more family fun.
You’ll be greeted by a warm and beautifully designed home that’s fully equipped with everything you will need and although it’s self-catering please just ask if you would like us to organise groceries or local produce. The Black Horse Beamish is a few yards away, serving delicious food every day of the week.
Accommodation consists of lovely large open plan kitchen and lounge with central fire place. Kitchen with all mod cons. Adjoining conservatory and dining room with large table seating 6. Master bedroom has a beautiful French King Sized bed and matching furniture. Second bedroom can sleep upto 3. Stunning surrounding garden with plenty of space for dining alfresco and BBQ.
Perfect reasons to hire Huckleberry Cottage
-Take over if you’re having a wedding at the Black Horse Beamish
-Christmas and New Year
-For rest, relaxation and tranquility
First and foremost – you’re going to eat well! Whether self-catering or choosing to dine at Black Horse Beamish restaurant, you’re in for a treat.
North East local produce takes some beating. We can advise on local groceries and nearby shops and even let you in on a few ‘little gems’. Award winning Knitsley Mill Farm shop is only 20 minute drive away and perfect for stocking up. Whichever you prefer – just let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
Only short car journey to Durham and Northumberland's Heritage coast and castles - Bamburgh /Alnwick. Durham City (15-20 minutes drive), Newcastle City (15 minutes drive), Durham Cathedral, The Sage Gateshead, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Tanfield Railwa - worlds oldest railway, Hadrian's Hall, Holy Island of Lindisfarne, Durham International Cricket Ground, Newcastle Racecourse.
World-class culture, vibrant nightlife, award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture are all linked here! So many wonderful places to enjoy City, Countryside and Coastal!
Happy to accept well behaved pets.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 29th Oct 2020
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 30th Oct 2020
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Huckleberry Cottage||£85.00 per unit per night|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good5
- dastockbridgeHuddersfield, United KingdomPleasant place to staySunday, 29th October 2017The living area for 4 to 5 people is spacious and the cottage is equipped to a high standard and it is very quiet and peaceful location. The only issue we had is the heating seemed to have a mind of... Read full review
- Mrs Lesley CPerfect relaxing getaway.Sunday, 18th February 2018The location was quiet with good views of countryside,but public house with restaurant within walking distance.The cottage was very warm and comfortable.Everything we needed for a short break,would... Read full review
- Richards0nNNewcastle Upon Tyne, United KingdomWeddingMonday, 1st April 2019Fab little cottage. We stayed for a few days for are sons wedding. It had every we needed. It was lovely sitting in the conservatory watching the red kites. The food at the black horse was lovely. Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|