Visitors return year after year to enjoy the beauty of County Durham, the North Yorkshire countryside, Teesdale and The Pennines from the relaxing and luxurious comfort of Homelands Guest House.
We are proud of our facility and offer a warm and homely experience with home baked treats on arrival and a delicious breakfast in the morning, prepared by our chef. Our bedrooms are comfortable, with luxurious bed linens and Luxury Toiletries.
Homelands Guest House is situated in the market town of Barnard Castle, within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District, as well as the cultural and shopping centres of Newcastle and Harrogate. The A1 is just 20 minutes away.
Barnard Castle has lots of interesting places to shop, from clothing boutiques and food stockists, to several antique shops. A short walk from the town centre is the Bowes Museum. A very grand structure, replicating a French Chateau, has very close ties to the late Queen Mother. The Museum holds nationally and internationally important collections including paintings, prints, sculptures, ceramics, and silver objets d'art, including the famous feeding silver swan.
We are close to the Pennine Way, steeped in history, this National Trail chases along the mountain tops along the rugged backbone of England and offers 268 miles of the finest scenery of the finest upland walking in England. A once in a lifetime experience.
About 8 miles from the town centre is High Force, the largest waterfall in England. Only 6 miles away is Raby Castle with its large deer park and gardens; one of the best examples of its kind in the country. There are several reservoirs in the area; the furthest away is Cow Green, at about 12 miles. Most have day fishing permits available, subject to having a fishing licence. We also have access to 200 mts of the River Eden which is 25 minutes drive away.
Way marked walks are in abundance all over the area with several quaint old-fashioned public houses offering good quality food conveniently situated after a thirsty stroll. For those wanting more adventure, the Lake District is only 1 hour’s drive away.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double En Suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Garden Suite ensuite||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£55.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Private Bathroom||£50.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars
- AA AA COVID Confident Scheme 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020 2020
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good32
- Joy RLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely stay, top notch B&B, would have liked a longer stayFriday, 17th September 2021Glenda and Daniel run a splendid B&B. We had a very comfortable, clean, chic room with a huge bed. En suite shower very good. Breakfast excellent, we didn't manage to book food but would certainly... Read full review
- sallya475Carlisle, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayComfortable and peacefulTuesday, 28th September 2021A very warm welcome from Glenda. The garden room was very comfortable and peaceful. Breakfast choices were varied and catered for my dietary requirements. Food was delicious. We would definitely... Read full review
- BERYLBRIDAmending a reviewThursday, 30th September 2021Couldn't recommend this guest house enough, would give it a ten if possible, have visited three times and not disappointed , every visit is made enjoyable by Glenda and Daniele. ( who cooks the best... Read full review
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Food available during COVID-19 restrictions
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Meal times must be booked
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Temperature checks for visitors
- Italian spoken
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2021 (1 Feb 2021 - 30 Dec 2021)|