Hallgarth, The Manor House Durham is located in a secluded setting on the outskirts of Durham City. The character and charm of this historic manor-house is much in evidence in its fine and tastefully furnished lounge, grand staircase and crystal chandeliers.
Each of its 24 bedrooms is decorated individually. All of the bedrooms have views of either the adjoining countryside or of the pleasant 4 acres of gardens and grounds surrounding the hotel. All rooms are en suite, hospitality tray, and free Wi-Fi internet access.
The Victorian elegance of the Elemore Restaurant is a popular place for all of the Hallgarth guests and indeed for food enthusiasts who have helped to spread the word about our delicious menu.
The period feel to the restaurant has been enhanced by the addition of top class contemporary decor resulting in a relaxing and luxurious dining environment. Overlooking the beautiful gardens, which boast an ancient church font and 17thC sundial, the restaurant offers an extensive wine list and sits up to 68 people.
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 5th Dec 2021
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 6th Dec 2021
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£79.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£49.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good76
- sarahbQ8752AMHoughton-le-Spring, United KingdomFawlty Towers without the laughsTuesday, 2nd November 2021I booked a two night stay for my partner's birthday and the problems began from the offset. It took me three days to actually book the stay! I wanted to book the 'Unwind and Dine' package directly... Read full review
- RubyregBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelTravelzoo dealTuesday, 2nd November 2021Booked via a travelzoo deal, in order to visit family near by Stayed two nights and had dinner bed and breakfast Room was comfortable and clean and food was lovely and generous portions All the... Read full review
- Elsie122Harrogate, United KingdomA hotel of contrasts!Monday, 22nd November 2021We had a warm welcome at the hotel and all reception staff were outstanding - friendly and managed requests I made without any fuss. We had no issues with the room which was clean and spacious. We... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
Turn off A1(M) at jct 62 following the brown signs posted A690 to Sunderland. Travel 1 mile, then turn right, signposted Pittington and Sherburn. Turn right. At crossroads straight across. After 1 mile turn left. Situated 600 yds on right hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail station Durham.