Hallgarth, The Manor House Durham is located in a secluded setting on the outskirts of Durham City. The character and charm of this historic manor-house is much in evidence in its fine and tastefully furnished lounge, grand staircase and crystal chandeliers.
Each of its 24 bedrooms is decorated individually. All of the bedrooms have views of either the adjoining countryside or of the pleasant 4 acres of gardens and grounds surrounding the hotel. All rooms are en suite, hospitality tray, and free Wi-Fi internet access.
The Victorian elegance of the Elemore Restaurant is a popular place for all of the Hallgarth guests and indeed for food enthusiasts who have helped to spread the word about our delicious menu.
The period feel to the restaurant has been enhanced by the addition of top class contemporary decor resulting in a relaxing and luxurious dining environment. Overlooking the beautiful gardens, which boast an ancient church font and 17thC sundial, the restaurant offers an extensive wine list and sits up to 68 people.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 24th Feb 2020
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 25th Feb 2020
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£79.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£49.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good66
- lovesaweekendawayWeekend AwayTuesday, 4th February 2020This was our second time visiting this hotel and yet again we were not disappointed. Got a fabulous deal - £119 (for 2) for 2 nights B&B with a fizz cream tea on arrival and a 3 course dinner on our... Read full review
- oxoamyDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLast min dinner plans- did not disappointSunday, 16th February 2020Food was devine, what a beautiful venue, the decor, rooms& space are fantastic. Caters for all occasions, cosy glass of wine by the log burning fire, dinning in the orangery or a glass of fizz on... Read full review
- carolwE4759MUTrip Type:FamilySunday lunchSunday, 16th February 2020We had Sunday lunch here today, there was approximately 40 of us. The food was just amazing and the customer service was outstanding nothing was a problem at all. I would recommend to anyone... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
Turn off A1(M) at jct 62 following the brown signs posted A690 to Sunderland. Travel 1 mile, then turn right, signposted Pittington and Sherburn. Turn right. At crossroads straight across. After 1 mile turn left. Situated 600 yds on right hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail station Durham.