Hallgarth, The Manor House Durham is located in a secluded setting on the outskirts of Durham City. The character and charm of this historic manor-house is much in evidence in its fine and tastefully furnished lounge, grand staircase and crystal chandeliers.
Each of its 24 bedrooms is decorated individually. All of the bedrooms have views of either the adjoining countryside or of the pleasant 4 acres of gardens and grounds surrounding the hotel. All rooms are en suite, hospitality tray, and free Wi-Fi internet access.
The Victorian elegance of the Elemore Restaurant is a popular place for all of the Hallgarth guests and indeed for food enthusiasts who have helped to spread the word about our delicious menu.
The period feel to the restaurant has been enhanced by the addition of top class contemporary decor resulting in a relaxing and luxurious dining environment. Overlooking the beautiful gardens, which boast an ancient church font and 17thC sundial, the restaurant offers an extensive wine list and sits up to 68 people.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£79.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£49.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good67
- We3BeesDerby, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReasonable but not what we expectedWednesday, 7th July 2021Booked this as a last minute stay. Positives - The accommodation is comfortable. Comfy bed, nice en-suite (great shower) and room nicely decorated. Not so positives - the walls between rooms aren’t... Read full review
- MasonRedLondonTrip Type:CouplesBig DisappointmentSunday, 18th July 2021We booked b, b, and Em in April 2021 and looked forward to a few days at a four star country hotel, eating nice food. How wrong we were. The first and only meal we had during our stay included a huge... Read full review
- geraldinesW587VATrip Type:CouplesWeekend BreakTuesday, 27th July 2021Positives ….Room clean the bed very comfortable and nice shower . Negatives…. Broken blind, heavily stained carpet and the walls needed some attention.. We booked the restaurant for the first... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
Turn off A1(M) at jct 62 following the brown signs posted A690 to Sunderland. Travel 1 mile, then turn right, signposted Pittington and Sherburn. Turn right. At crossroads straight across. After 1 mile turn left. Situated 600 yds on right hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail station Durham.