Hallgarth, The Manor House Durham is located in a secluded setting on the outskirts of Durham City. The character and charm of this historic manor-house is much in evidence in its fine and tastefully furnished lounge, grand staircase and crystal chandeliers.
Each of its 24 bedrooms is decorated individually. All of the bedrooms have views of either the adjoining countryside or of the pleasant 4 acres of gardens and grounds surrounding the hotel. All rooms are en suite, hospitality tray, and free Wi-Fi internet access.
The Victorian elegance of the Elemore Restaurant is a popular place for all of the Hallgarth guests and indeed for food enthusiasts who have helped to spread the word about our delicious menu.
The period feel to the restaurant has been enhanced by the addition of top class contemporary decor resulting in a relaxing and luxurious dining environment. Overlooking the beautiful gardens, which boast an ancient church font and 17thC sundial, the restaurant offers an extensive wine list and sits up to 68 people.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 8th Dec 2023
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 9th Dec 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£79.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£49.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£59.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good91
- SheilaH1627FantasticWednesday, 1st November 2023Beautiful chic hotel set in a fantastic location- if you want everything in one place this hotel is ideal . The team are brilliant and so helpful We got a courtesy call before we arrived to book... Read full review
- John MDisappointing Sunday Lunch.Thursday, 9th November 2023We have had Sunday Lunch here on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed but today , 5 November, was a complete letdown. Our table was booked for 12.30 and after ordering drinks we were... Read full review
- martinpaulhughesBerkhamsted, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessThe staff are a credit to this businessWednesday, 15th November 2023Excellent location with comfortable rooms and great restaurant and lounge area. However, what makes this hotel are the outstanding staff. Courtney, Teagan and Margaret are an absolute credit to this... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
Map & Directions
Turn off A1(M) at jct 62 following the brown signs posted A690 to Sunderland. Travel 1 mile, then turn right, signposted Pittington and Sherburn. Turn right. At crossroads straight across. After 1 mile turn left. Situated 600 yds on right hand side.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail station Durham.