Stay at Alice and Nelly Cottages and wake up to panoramic dale views and bird song in the heart of Weardale, an area famous for its birds, wildflowers and butterflies in the summer months. VisitEngland 5 stars and Accessibility Mobility 2 rated, the cottages are on an environmentally friendly working hill farm, with a small herd of Hereford cattle, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Easy access to the Lakes, Hadrian's Wall, Beamish, Hexham and Durham.
Warm and cosy cottages with 20thC comforts. Wi-Fi and Freeview Satellite TV available. Large fully-fitted kitchen. Large open-plan lounge with 2 comfy sofas and log-effect fire. Large double bedroom with en suite bathroom and toilet. Large twin bedroom especially suitable for disabled visitors with en suite roll-in shower and toilet. Additional twin bedroom in Nelly's, single in Alice's. Full central heating. Linen, towels and lots of hot water included in price. Easy parking. Quiet patio and garden with barbecue.
Home cooking available to purchase - scones, pies etc. Welcome Pack includes our award-winning marmalade (silver award in World Marmalade Championships 2017) and tea bread. Why not enjoy a short break or maybe stay longer and have a week or two's holiday. A warm and friendly welcome awaits you.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Alice's Cottage||£600.00 per unit per week|
|Nelly's Cottage||£600.00 per unit per week|
*Short Breaks in low season £250 for two nights (£90 per night for extra nights)
- 5 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 2 Accessibility - Mobility
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- RebeccahShilohAshford, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNelly's Cottage - a peaceful havenSaturday, 31st August 2019We rented the cottage for a 2 week family holiday. The cottage is beautiful - very well-equipped, and excellent for less able members of the family. Plenty of space. The accessible bathrooms are very... Read full review
- O9650CMdavidlNorton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNellys cottageFriday, 20th September 2019What a great cottage everything we needed and more.great location for exploring in all directions,the walks from the doorstep were fantastic.thanks for the cake very welcome after long drive.will... Read full review
- Z7832GPjanetbTrip Type:FamilyNellys cottageSaturday, 16th April 2022What a fantastic little gem. Great cottage immaculately presented a great credit to Janet. Everything you could need is provide in a lovely comfortable and practical cottage. Ideal for anyone who has... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- NAS HEARING
- NAS MOBILITY
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted - 2 small - medium sized dogs welcome at no extra cost
- WiFi Available - Unlimited Wi-fi
- Green Tourism Business Scheme
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
Map & Directions
Midway between Alston and Stanhope on the A689. Leaving Cowshill the cottages are 1 mile out of the village on the right hand side of the road.From the M6, leave at jct 40. Take the A66 and then A686 to Alston. Then take A689 east. Travel 10 miles through Lanehead. Cornriggs is on the left-hand side of the road before Cowshill.
Public Transport Directions
By bus from Durham to Crook to Stanhope to Cowshill. Cottages are 1 mile out of village on right-hand side of road. We will collect from the bus stop in Cowshill.