Stay at Alice and Nelly Cottages and wake up to panoramic dale views and bird song in the heart of Weardale, an area famous for its birds, wildflowers and butterflies in the summer months. VisitEngland 5 stars and Accessibility Mobility 2 rated, the cottages are on an environmentally friendly working hill farm, with a small herd of Hereford cattle, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Easy access to the Lakes, Hadrian's Wall, Beamish, Hexham and Durham.
Warm and cosy cottages with 20thC comforts. Wi-Fi and Freeview Satellite TV available. Large fully-fitted kitchen. Large open-plan lounge with 2 comfy sofas and log-effect fire. Large double bedroom with en suite bathroom and toilet. Large twin bedroom especially suitable for disabled visitors with en suite roll-in shower and toilet. Additional twin bedroom in Nelly's, single in Alice's. Full central heating. Linen, towels and lots of hot water included in price. Easy parking. Quiet patio and garden with barbecue.
Home cooking available to purchase - scones, pies etc. Welcome Pack includes our award-winning marmalade (silver award in World Marmalade Championships 2017) and tea bread. Why not enjoy a short break or maybe stay longer and have a week or two's holiday. A warm and friendly welcome awaits you.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Alice's Cottage||£399.00 per unit per week|
|Nelly's Cottage||£399.00 per unit per week|
*Short Breaks available on request
- 5 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 2 Accessibility - Mobility
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- DragonaggieStafford, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAlice's Cottage at CornriggsFriday, 18th May 2018This is our last evening at Alice's Cottage and we have had an amazing week. The weather has been great, the scenery stunning and the cottage has been one of the best we have stayed. Janet and... Read full review
- windy1234Great Yarmouth, United KingdomNellys CottageWednesday, 8th August 2018We spent a lovely week in Nellys cottage. Extremely well presented with everything you could want in a self catering cottage.The scones and jam were lovely, thanks to Jan for those. Wonderful views... Read full review
- Glo and Chris J... JTrip Type:FamilyThe Magic of Nelly & Alice's CottagesTuesday, 13th November 2018As a family, we rented both Nelly and Alice's Cottages for a recent family reunion. We were so warmly welcomed by both Harry and especially Janet who showed us around the cottages and made sure we... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- NAS HEARING
- NAS MOBILITY
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
- Green Tourism Business Scheme
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
Midway between Alston and Stanhope on the A689. Leaving Cowshill the cottages are 1 mile out of the village on the right hand side of the road.From the M6, leave at jct 40. Take the A66 and then A686 to Alston. Then take A689 east. Travel 10 miles through Lanehead. Cornriggs is on the left-hand side of the road before Cowshill.
Public Transport Directions
By bus from Durham to Crook to Stanhope to Cowshill. Cottages are 1 mile out of village on right-hand side of road. We will collect from the bus stop in Cowshill.