Built as a private stately home, the 13th Century building and grounds have been lovingly restored into a 21st century Country House Hotel without losing any of its grandeur or heritage. With stunning period features, including ornate, plasterwork ceilings, art noveau panelling, chandeliers, stained glass windows and a sweeping staircase, Beamish Hall is situated within 24-acres of rolling estate parkland.
A destination venue, Best Western Beamish Hall is a four star Country House Hotel, nestled alongside The Stables restaurant, bar and microbrewery and Beamish Wild, our very own High Ropes Course.
We are perfectly located to enjoy the treasures that the North East of England has to offer with Beamish Museum the largest open air museum is just on the door step, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Historic Durham and Sunderland city centres just a short drive away, with excellent road, rail and air links.
Whether you want to relax or be active, celebrate or focus on business, we offer you the space, peace and privacy to do it your way.
"An excellent place to stay"
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Apartment Room||from £280.00 to £320.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Double en suite||from £75.00 to £115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Twin||from £75.00 to £115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|De luxe Double en suite||from £85.00 to £130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Twin||from £85.00 to £130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Premier Double||from £105.00 to £205.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy is £10 less.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good367
- Nigel kHermanus, South AfricaCountry House DelightMonday, 22nd January 2018Great staff, food and ambience in this delightful country house hotel set in expansive grounds. Craft beers and locally produced food - all delicious. Nearby Beamish Museum is a must, be prepared to... Read full review
- happyhols20152015Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely Christmas gift.Friday, 19th January 2018Stayed 12th Jan this year. We were given this as a Xmas gift overnight stay , 3course evening meal and breakfast. Beautiful grounds, very friendly , efficient check in. Room was just what we... Read full review
- pigleteerBarnsley, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplesrelaxing stayMonday, 15th January 2018what a fabulous place. so idyllic yet close to places to visit if you want. the hotel is next door to the beamish museum. fantastic room, warm, cosy and huge! the bathroom was so clean, it sparkled... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Access to golf course
|Open New Year|
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|
Map & Directions
From A1M Jct 63 (Chester-le-Street exit). Follow A693 towards Stanley for 4 miles (route marked with tourist signs to 'Beamish Museum'). Follow signs to museum. When facing main gate of museum, turn left and follow road for about 1 mile. Road passes Beamish Golf Club then Beamish Hall is next turning on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Chester-le-Street Railway Station. Take a taxi or bus (approximately 4 miles).