Built as a private stately home, the 13th Century building and grounds have been lovingly restored into a 21st century Country House Hotel without losing any of its grandeur or heritage. With stunning period features, including ornate, plasterwork ceilings, art noveau panelling, chandeliers, stained glass windows and a sweeping staircase, Beamish Hall is situated within 24-acres of rolling estate parkland.
A destination venue, Best Western Beamish Hall is a four star Country House Hotel, nestled alongside The Stables restaurant, bar and microbrewery and Beamish Wild, our very own High Ropes Course.
We are perfectly located to enjoy the treasures that the North East of England has to offer with Beamish Museum the largest open air museum is just on the door step, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Historic Durham and Sunderland city centres just a short drive away, with excellent road, rail and air links.
Whether you want to relax or be active, celebrate or focus on business, we offer you the space, peace and privacy to do it your way.
"An excellent place to stay"
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Apartment Room||£280.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Double en suite||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Classic Twin||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|De luxe Double en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Twin||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Premier Double||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy is £10 less.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good437
- paulnorthwood1Heathfield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDisappointedSunday, 11th August 2019We turned into the drive and you see this impressive looking building and plenty of parking and a warm welcome from the lady in reception.word of warning if you dont like lifts this one will worry... Read full review
- SlugmeisterAttentive, friendly and efficientMonday, 12th August 2019A lovely country house hotel, situated in splendid grounds with two adventure playground facilities for teens and youngsters as well as archery for all. We booked a room for two adults and a child... Read full review
- Gordon RGreat Location bad wifiTuesday, 13th August 2019The hotel is in a great location set in beautiful grounds and very close to the Beamish Living Museum. It has an excellent pub and the food served is very good as is the selection of local crafts... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Access to golf course
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
Map & Directions
From A1M Jct 63 (Chester-le-Street exit). Follow A693 towards Stanley for 4 miles (route marked with tourist signs to 'Beamish Museum'). Follow signs to museum. When facing main gate of museum, turn left and follow road for about 1 mile. Road passes Beamish Golf Club then Beamish Hall is next turning on left.
Public Transport Directions
From Chester-le-Street Railway Station. Take a taxi or bus (approximately 4 miles).