The Park and Gardens provide lots of opportunity for fresh air, fun and exercise. Our Woodland Adventure Playground will keep children entertained and bikes are available for the whole family to hire, so that you can explore the wider Park. Walking and cycling routes can be obtained from our admissions team when purchasing your ticket.
The tranquil setting of Raby Castle is perfect for a leisurely stroll or to sit and find some peace in our fast-paced world.
Organised activities take place throughout the year including Forest School activities and trails for children of all ages, group dog walks and Yoga. Please check our event pages for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good232
- Tangoj63Leighton Buzzard, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFirst visitMonday, 14th June 2021We had a very enjoyable visit to Raby and were very lucky to have sunny weather. We walked in the deerpark then went in the castle. Finally we spent time in the large walled garden before having a... Read full review
- Brian DDarlington, United KingdomWell worth a visitMonday, 21st June 2021We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Raby. The garden is well kept, the castle is very nice and the grounds/deer park are amazing. Really worth a visit Read full review
- Anthony KWarwick, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayFine medieval castleWednesday, 23rd June 2021Extensive grounds; deer park; beautiful walled gardens; interesting castle. Prebooking necessary. No timed entry to castle but spacing out of visitors in line with COVID restrictions. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - In park only on short leads
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.