The Park and Gardens provide lots of opportunity for fresh air, fun and exercise. Our Woodland Adventure Playground will keep children entertained and bikes are available for the whole family to hire, so that you can explore the wider Park. Walking and cycling routes can be obtained from our admissions team when purchasing your ticket.
The tranquil setting of Raby Castle is perfect for a leisurely stroll or to sit and find some peace in our fast-paced world.
Organised activities take place throughout the year including Forest School activities and trails for children of all ages, group dog walks and Yoga. Please check our event pages for details.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good238
- MikeBRHaddington, United KingdomWonderful day out in a magnificent place.Saturday, 18th September 2021What a wonderful place. The Castle is magnificent, but the guides in every room make the whole place come alive with their knowledge and enthusiasm and obvious love of it. The grounds, gardens and... Read full review
- gatesheadgirlieGateshead, EnglandLots To See and DoSunday, 19th September 2021Fabulous day out on a hot and sunny day. Saw loads of deer in the grounds, birds on the lakes. Gardens were still beautiful despite it being September The interior of the castle is gorgeous. The cafe... Read full review
- BicycleBob67Rugby, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeautiful groundsSaturday, 25th September 2021My wife and I walked for several miles in and around the grounds here. It was utterly beautiful. The red and fallow deer are so lovely to watch, and the cows are incredibly docile, just sitting and... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - In park only on short leads
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.