AboutAn easy 11 mile route passing Auckland Castle and Binchester Roman Fort.
1. Turn onto the A689 and travel through village towards Crook.
2. Turn left at the roundabout onto the B6286 through Sunnybrow to Hunwick, Toronto and to Bishop Auckland via the Viaduct.
3. Turn left towards the Market Place at roundabout.
4. Leave Bishop Auckland Market Place, beside the Sportsman pub down Wear Chare, using extreme caution.
5. Continue past the entrance to the Roman Fort.
6. Take left fork for Newfield.
7. In village turn right at T-junction to climb up to a further T Junction.
8. Turn Left and descend (with care) to and over the river to Jubilee Park.
9. Climb up hill towards Willington and left (signed Crook) onto A690 and through the village returning to start point.
- Distance: 10-20 Miles
- Grade: Easy
- Route Surface: On Road
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - There are several large car parks throughout the town Centre, or there is parking at The Batts beside the River Wear.
- Grade (Easy)
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Outdoor Attraction
- Route Surface (On Road)
- Suitable For (Any Bike)
- Time (2-3 hours)