AboutRoute: 32 miles, strenuous.
1. Begin in the Market Place, St Johns Chapel in a westerly direction follow the A689 to turn right after 3/4 mile (signed New House) immediately after Weardale Museum;
2. Climb Well Bank (steep) and Middlehope Bank to T-Junction, turning right towards Rookhope then 1st left (signed Blanchland).
3. Follow over moor to Townfield and Hunstanworth turning right at T-junction at Baybridge.
4. Take 1st left then at next T-junction turn right and follow through Ruffside past Pow Hill Country Park (good views of Derwent Reservoir) to Edmundbyers.
5. Turn right at T-junction in village and continue on B6278 to Crawleyside (extreme care on descent) and Stanhope.
6. Turn right at bottom of Crawleyside Bank onto A689 and follow valley road to St Johns Chapel and starting point.
- Distance: Over 20 Miles
- Grade: Hard
- Route Surface: On Road
- Theme: Breathtaking Views
- Theme: Heritage
- Theme: Nature
- Grade (Strenuous)
- In countryside
- Route Surface (On Road)
- Time (Full Day)