Uncover history at Raby Castle. Built by the mighty Nevills in the 14th Century, and home to Lord Barnard’s family since 1626, you’ll be fascinated as knowledgeable and friendly Guides help bring history to life with guided tours of the halls and chambers which house fabulous interiors, art collections and dramatic architecture. Outdoors, enjoy a stroll and spot wildlife in the deer park, relax in the walled gardens, discover the Carriage Collection or explore the Woodland Play Area. A visit to the Tearoom and a browse around the gift shop all combine for a memorable day out.
Tickets can now be purchased near the entrance to the Walled Gardens. This means you can access the Tearooms, Woodland Play Area and Gift Shop completely free of charge, so if you want to come for lunch or a slice of cake with some friends, you can do so without paying admission.
Our new ticket office is in a horse box-style trailer, and a similar trailer also houses a new take-away stand offering drinks and snacks. You can enjoy these in the new outdoor covered seating area in front of the stable block. The perfect place for a glass of wine in the sun or coffee and cake before a walk with the dog. As well as the new trailer, our Tearooms menu has been revamped and offers a delicious selection of lunches, cakes, snacks and afternoon tea. A fantastic range of coffees, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are also available; adding a glass of prosecco to your afternoon tea will make the perfect treat or gift. The Tearooms will be open seven days a week from 9am.
The Gift shop will also be offering a new garden section this year with beautiful Spring plants to brighten your home.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Castle, Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£12.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child 5-15 - Castle, Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Child 5-15 - Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£3.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Castle, Park & Walled Gardens||£11.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Castle, Park & Walled Gardens||£35.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Park & Walled Gardens||£18.00 per ticket type|
Children under 5 free.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good166
- Jojo550ManchesterTrip Type:CouplesFabulous placeFriday, 20th July 2018I visit a lot of castles, this has to be one of the most beautiful castle I have ever visited. The grounds are full of deer, great walk around the castle. Beautiful gardens in full bloom, and the... Read full review
- Maxine WTrip Type:FamilyWell worth a visitFriday, 20th July 2018Raby Castle is breathtaking. We arrived with our own packed lunch so ate this in the cricket ground just outside. The castle looked stunning in the background. Got our tickets & used the washrooms... Read full review
- DELBOY707Hartlepool, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWell worth a visit. Poor customer service and variety in the cafe.Friday, 20th July 2018Wonderful Castle set in extensive grounds with lakes, deer wandering around and beautiful gardens. This venue would have rated 5 stars but for the poor service and menu at the cafe. 2 apathetic girls... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - In park only on short leads
|Park and Gardens (24 Mar 2019)|
|Castle (24 Mar 2019)|
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.