**Raby Castle Deer Park, Walled Gardens and Woodland Play Area are open daily 10am – 4pm. The Castle reopens on Wednesday 19th May and will be open Wednesday to Sunday. Tickets are now available to pre-book here.
Currently, The Stables Café and our outdoor seating areas at Raby Castle are open, serving takeaway food and refreshments for you to enjoy during your visit.
Our Stables Shop is now open on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 4pm and the shelves are well stocked with a beautiful selection of gifts and homewares.
Please be aware that we require to gather contact details for all visitors over the age of 16 as part of Test and Trace. Please be kind to our staff who will ask you to provide this information on arrival. Toilet facilities are open.
As government restrictions continue to ease – please check here for Coronavirus updates**
Uncover history at Raby Castle. Built by the mighty Nevills in the 14th Century, and home to Lord Barnard’s family since 1626, you’ll be fascinated as knowledgeable and friendly Guides help bring history to life with guided tours of the halls and chambers which house fabulous interiors, art collections and dramatic architecture. Outdoors, enjoy a stroll and spot wildlife in the 200 acre Deer Park, relax in the 18th century Walled Gardens, discover the Carriage Collection or explore the Woodland Play Area. A visit to the Stables Cafe and a browse around the Shop all combine for a memorable day out.
Tickets can now be purchased near the entrance to the Walled Gardens. This means you can access the Stables Cafe, Shop and Woodland Play Area completely free of charge, so if you want to come for lunch or a slice of cake with some friends, you can do so without paying admission.
The ticket office is located in a horse box-style trailer, and a similar trailer also houses a new take-away stand offering drinks and snacks. You can enjoy these in the new outdoor covered seating area in front of the stable block. The perfect place for a glass of wine in the sun or coffee and cake before a walk with the dog. As well as the new trailer, our Stables Cafe menu has been offers a delicious selection of lunches, cakes, snacks and afternoon tea. A fantastic range of coffees, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are also available; adding a glass of prosecco to your afternoon tea will make the perfect treat or gift. The Stables Cafe is open seven days a week from 10am.
The Shop offers a new garden section this year with beautiful Spring plants to brighten your home.
The Park and Woodland Play Area are open all year until 24 December.
The Walled Gardens are open until 24 December.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Castle, Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£12.00 per ticket type|
|Adult - Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£7.00 per ticket type|
|Child 5-15 - Castle, Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Child 5-15 - Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£3.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Castle, Park & Walled Gardens||£11.00 per ticket type|
|Concession - Deer Park & Walled Gardens||£6.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Castle, Park & Walled Gardens||£35.00 per ticket type|
|Family (2+3) Park & Walled Gardens||£18.00 per ticket type|
Children under 5 free.
Park and Gardens tickets are half price throughout November and December.
- VAQAS VB Attraction VAQAS
- Visit England VAQAS 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good227
- lapaige27Greater Manchester, United KingdomDNA JourneySaturday, 20th March 2021A vast area to explore, gardens are so looked after and to a high standard. The staff that were there are very informative but are slightly unapproachable. The experience overall overcomes that. Read full review
- Ann PTrip Type:FamilyNot worth the moneySunday, 4th April 2021Been to the easter trail, upon arrival the man was brilliant, really good with the kids. Staff were all really friendly. Paid roughly £20 kids easter trail and really enjoyed it however for the... Read full review
- jonathonmarkBishop Auckland, United KingdomlovelyTuesday, 11th May 2021lovely place, lovely grounds to walk around and great to take the little one, staff are friendly and attentive Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking Onsite
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Dogs Accepted - In park only on short leads
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|Park and Woodland Area - Open Daily (1 Jan 2021 - 24 Dec 2021)|
|Walled Gardens - Open Daily (1 Mar 2021 - 24 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 10:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 10:00|
* The whole site closes at the end of the day on Christmas Eve, the Park will reopen on 1st January 2021. The Castle will close 1st November to prepare for Christmas at the Castle which starts 1st December.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is A1(M). From the A1(M) follow the A66 and then take the A688 Barnard Castle-Bishop Auckland road. The castle is 1 mile north of Staindrop and 8 miles north-east of Barnard Castle.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Darlington Station.Nearest bus stop is Keverstone Bank, Raby, near Staindrop.