AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good84
- 2010mustangCheshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesStopped by in passingMonday, 5th November 2018We were on our way to Barnard Castle and saw the sign so decided to stop and have a look. Not really much to see and although the ruins are interesting, would definitely not make special journey to... Read full review
- 335grahambDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySmall and peacefulThursday, 3rd January 2019A small location in a peaceful place. Close to a nice walk along the river Tees. Small car park but no facilities, however you are only 5 minutes drive from Barnard Castle. Read full review
- Cstewart15Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful little treasureSaturday, 12th January 2019Visited here unexpectedly when we happened to be on a family walk. Whilst the teenage daughter was unimpressed ( but is unimpressed by everything at the minute!!!) my other 10 year old looked the... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2018/19 (1 Apr 2018 - 31 Mar 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 18:00|
|2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.