AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good109
- Lynda ISunderland, United KingdomFree entry.Monday, 4th November 2019A lovely riverside walk takes in a visit to the abbey. There is no entry fee and you can wander around at your own pace using your imagination about the people who once lived there. There is free... Read full review
- Gillian BBrilliantFriday, 8th November 2019There is a plaque explaining all the details of the abbey the views from the top are fantastic well worth a visit great walking country Read full review
- Rafal WPremonstratensian AbbeyThursday, 14th November 2019Ruins of Egglestone Abbey can be found in hilly area of County Durham, on the southern bank of River Tees, about mile and half of Barnard Castle. Placed away of busy main roads it's really nice... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|2018/19 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 18:00|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.