AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good119
- gillzagrebKinlochewe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNice site. Well worth a visit.Thursday, 13th October 2022Good visit. Nice site with lovely views. Carpark charge for non EH members but nice that it was free for members. Read full review
- Hilary BChesterfield, United KingdomTrip Type:Family🕍🕍 Really interesting place 🕍🕍Tuesday, 25th October 2022Really interesting place to visit and enjoy. Lots of amazing history to look at and explore that you can't believe is so old!! Well worth a look and amazing views. Read full review
- Stephen OHullTrip Type:Friends getawayA good destinationSunday, 30th October 2022This is an easy walk away from Bernard Castle alongside the river and On a good day this is probably the best way to enjoy it. There is a reasonable amount of the structure still remaining but 30... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.