AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good100
- ConnieatBamffAlyth, ScotlandTrip Type:CouplesSurprisingly large and intriguingFriday, 8th February 2019Lucky for us on our way back to Scotland from England we found Egglestone Abbey on the map and decided to visit. I was surprised at the size. This was once a massive abbey that looks like a castle in... Read full review
- kaydan49Stockton-on-Tees, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery NiceSunday, 17th February 2019Visited here recently,very intersting and pictuesque,free parking to,nice walks along the river into Barnard Castle,nice place to visit and i would reccomend it,i would reccomend you pay a visit to... Read full review
- Ian MTewkesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesEnglish HeritageFriday, 1st March 2019Lovely place to visit so peaceful & quiet, also really good views front & back. Will come again soon. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2018/19 (1 Apr 2018 - 31 Mar 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 18:00|
|2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.