AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good102
- DMC1958Huddersfield, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayQuiet and Relaxing - Great for a Short StopSaturday, 13th April 2019Egglestone Abbey is an abandoned Abbey on the southern bank of the River Tees approximately 2.4 km south-east of Barnard Castle. Admission is free, and the opening hours are 10am - 6pm. Whilst the... Read full review
- Tracy ITrip Type:CouplesFantasticSunday, 21st April 2019This place is brilliant.the area is well kept and as a free entry i think a loyalty box should be placed.you can spend an hour here in the peace and quiet looking at the old ruin.nice place to visit. Read full review
- pph556Ashbourne, United KingdomQuick tour of ruinsWednesday, 8th May 2019Well wotth a visit, not a huge site in fact you can see it all in 45 minutes. The ruins are fascinating structures which show what a grand place this would have been. A small plan, could do with more... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|2018/19 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 18:00|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.