AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good111
- 128pennyfBarnard Castle, United KingdomTake your cameraTuesday, 11th February 2020Although I live fairly near, I have only visited Egglestone Abbey once with my son visiting from abroad. We both loved the layout and the colour of the stone buildings in the afternoon light. We... Read full review
- Sean002Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomAnother of Henry V111's victimsWednesday, 26th February 2020This would have been a wonderful Abbey before the dissolution of the Monasteries and is now a fascinating ruin. It is still very well worth a visit. Read full review
- TheodorethruddFiley, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNicely situatedSaturday, 30th May 2020Nicely situated, easy to find and well signposted. The grounds are beautiful in the spring sunshine. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2020 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.