AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good117
- 305stephenfLiverpool, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA lovely positioned medieval abbey overlooking the River TeesTuesday, 23rd August 2022The charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle is worth a short visit. Read full review
- MrwstoweBurnley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPicturesqueFriday, 9th September 2022This place is very picturesque, good for a 15 mins stroll not a lot hear but some great walks in the area. The riverside is also a great walk. Read full review
- PeterReigateOtley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA test of the imaginationTuesday, 20th September 2022The abbey is just outside Barnard Castle. Beware - it is not well signposted. Our satnav took us down a very narrow country lane but eventually we came upon this wonderful vista perched atop of a... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.