AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good82
- Carol BBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesHISTORIC EGGLESTONE ABBEYTuesday, 4th September 2018Sunday 26th August 18, my husband and I awoke to a drizzly rainy morning, which continued for the rest of the day. We drove down into Bowes Village in County Durham to visit Egglestone Abbey under... Read full review
- shawnwhite13Dormansland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat ruinsSaturday, 1st September 2018If you are visiting Barnard Castle then just down the road is these ruins of a monastery, it is also English heritage but free to get in, it is great on a sunny day to take a picnic along. Would... Read full review
- DaveThomasLeicesterLeicesterTrip Type:CouplesWhere?Wednesday, 22nd August 2018Couldn’t find the place - no signs no website no clue they need to try harder to get visitors. Certainly not near Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|Season (1 Apr 2018 - 31 Mar 2019)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 18:00|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.