AboutThe charming ruins of a small monastery of Premonstratensian 'white canons', picturesquely set above a bend in the River Tees near Barnard Castle. Remains include much of the 13thC church and a range of living quarters, with traces of their ingenious toilet drainage system.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good111
- Ian HBarnard Castle, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHistorySunday, 1st December 2019Great place to visit on a dry day. Plenty of plaques to read on the history of the abbey. Great place for hide and seek which I used to play there as a kid Read full review
- Louise JMatlock, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNice enough old ruinSunday, 15th December 2019Road to it is a bit tough on the car, but there is decent parking. Free to visit, so pop along if you're in the area. Read full review
- MadalynH7Huddersfield, United KingdomPleasant spotThursday, 16th January 2020This is a relatively small fee to view English Heritage site, just outside Barnard Castle. a god site to visit, in an interesting location, if you are in the area. Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs allowed on leads
|2020 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|2018/19 (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Mar 2020)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Bank Holiday||10:00||- 18:00|
* Closed 24-26 Dec, 1 Jan.