Come for a walk with us and enjoy some stunning Teesdale scenery and make friends with one of our alpacas. By prior appointment only. We are a working Alpaca Farm and run Alpaca Treks throughout the year subject to the ‘Great British Weather’ ! We can tailor a trek to suit and can arrange special Treks and Visits - Just ask and we'll see what we can do! We take small groups to give that truly personal experience.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Alpaca Farm Visit - Gift Voucher||£20.00 activity|
|Alpaca trek (1 hour)||£20.00 activity|
|Alpaca Trekking Gift Voucher||£40.00 activity|
|Farm Visit (1 Hour)||£10.00 activity|
We specialise in small groups (minimum of two alpacas - £20 per alpaca, additional people (without alpaca) £10) We are able to customise visits according to needs but please contact us to discuss. Children under 12 may share an alpaca with an adult. Farm Visits (without the alpaca walk) are also available for larger numbers please call to discuss.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- catduck13Trip Type:Friends getawayBucket list Alpaca adventureWednesday, 2nd January 2019Alpaca trekking was on my bucket list and after reading the reviews on here I decided to arrange it with Teesdale Alpacas. It was easy to book, a reasonable price and the owner (Doug) was very... Read full review
- Lizspeaks94Warrington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAmazing!Saturday, 5th January 2019We had a great afternoon! Doug and Sam were so friendly, so welcoming and very informative! We were introduced by name to several alpacas, walked 4 of them and hand fed them. The whole experience was... Read full review
- JuliewetherellTrimdon Grange, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic day Alpaca TrekkingSaturday, 23rd February 2019Fantastic experience, Doug & Sam are a lovely couple, very knowledgable about their Alpacas, The Trekking was amazing all over their land then down to the river. Not rushed very laid back & value... Read full review
- By Car
- Without Car - There is no public transport to our door - however there are taxis from Barnard Castle who can drop off and collect if required - please ask for details.
- Access Statement - Our routes for the Alpaca Treks are for reasonably fit & able bodied people however we can possibly customise visits and treks to suit a variety of people who may have difficulty with our normal routes - Please call to talk it over and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Distance: 1-5 Miles
- Grade: Easy
- Grade: Moderate
- Route Surface: Off Road
- Theme: Breathtaking Views
- Theme: Family Friendly
- Theme: Forest / Woodland Trail
- Theme: Nature
- Theme: Rivers / Reservoirs
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - We have limited parking esp during the wetter months, please enquire if you are intending arriving in a number of vehicles.
- Parking (free) - Access is down a farm track. If you have a camper van etc. please contact us to discuss access or make alternative arrangements.
- Approx length of visit - Visits can take between 1 and 2 hours depending on arrival times of different parties; Please do not book/arrange other activities too soon after the trek/visit is scheduled to finish.
- Booking essential
- Groups Accepted - For larger groups please contact us to see what we can offer.
- Open by appointment only
- Accommodation nearby - There are a range of accommodation choices close by - several campsites, Bed and Breakfasts, Holiday Cottages and Hotels - Please contact us for details.
- Fitness level required - medium
- Lessons/courses available - We can provide Alpaca training and education for those who may be interested in owning Alpacas or those who may already have alpacas but require extra support and information. We can tailor this to your needs - Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction
- All Year - Farm Visits and Trekking are available all year round however we will need to reschedule if the weather is poor. As such it is more likely we will need to reschedule in late autumn, winter and early spring.
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Happy to discuss requirements for educational visits.
* We are open by appointment. Early booking recommended esp. Weekends, Holidays and Summer. Please have some alternate dates in mind should your first choice be unavailable