Offering: A Collection Service
The Lamp Room is a family run bistro holding a prime position on Seaham's seafront with amazing views of the North East Coast.
We pride ourselves on our fantastic freshly prepared food, locally sourced where possible and our friendly, approachable staff.
During the day we serve breakfast from 9am-11.30am with everything from a locally sourced bacon sandwich to our very own invention; the Miners Benedict, a twist on the eggs benedict but with Doreens black pudding and crispy Parma ham. Lunchtime starts at noon with dishes such as our Seaham Chowder, fresh half lobster and even our very own 'Parmo'. Our dishes are prepared fresh to order and we use fresh ingredients as much as possible.
Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday we serve fresh tapas, steaks and seafood from 5pm which again is all prepared fresh on the premises and usually served to a full house of customers who offer great reviews and return again and again.
We have a full alcohol licence and offer a concise selection of wines and beers. Cocktails are added to the menu to accompany our evening service with the famous Porn Star Martini being a firm favourite.
Our Sunday lunches are substantial and extremely popular with fresh roast meats, seasonal vegetables, huge Yorkshire puddings and all the trimmings.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good168
- martboy1Newcastle, United KingdomTapas treatMonday, 2nd November 2020Lovely relaxed place with very nice food and a soothing atmosphere. Book though as it can become busy. Would definitely recommend and will return 👍 Read full review
- dewsimpsonNewcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing Sunday lunchMonday, 9th November 2020Due to lockdown lamp room have been doing Sunday lunch delivery. Cannot fault the service or the food everything fantastic. Giant Yorkshire puddings and perfect meat with loads of potatoes and veg... Read full review
- L7177WBgeorgebTrip Type:CouplesThe best chips I have ever hadWednesday, 30th December 2020Me and my girlfriend visited this delightful restaurant in between Christmas and the new year during lockdown. The food was absolutely superb and the chunky chips were to die for. I would... Read full review
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Parking (free)
- Visa accepted
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Monday - Wednesday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Friday - Saturday||09:00||- 23:00|
* We are open every day of the year except for Christmas Day