The Lamp Room is a family run bistro holding a prime position on Seaham's seafront with amazing views of the North East Coast.
We pride ourselves on our fantastic freshly prepared food, locally sourced where possible and our friendly, approachable staff.
During the day we serve breakfast from 9am-11.30am with everything from a locally sourced bacon sandwich to our very own invention; the Miners Benedict, a twist on the eggs benedict but with Doreens black pudding and crispy Parma ham. Lunchtime starts at noon with dishes such as our Seaham Chowder, fresh half lobster and even our very own 'Parmo'. Our dishes are prepared fresh to order and we use fresh ingredients as much as possible.
Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday we serve fresh tapas, steaks and seafood from 5pm which again is all prepared fresh on the premises and usually served to a full house of customers who offer great reviews and return again and again.
We have a full alcohol licence and offer a concise selection of wines and beers. Cocktails are added to the menu to accompany our evening service with the famous Porn Star Martini being a firm favourite.
Our Sunday lunches are substantial and extremely popular with fresh roast meats, seasonal vegetables, huge Yorkshire puddings and all the trimmings.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good167
- GVWilsonDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat but rude staffSunday, 26th July 2020Good view Good food Rude staff Nice owner A bit expensive Very popular Best on the little seafront Rude staff let it down I would go again but rude staff let it down, have I mentioned this... Read full review
- ajp668This the second time we haveThursday, 30th July 2020This the second time we have had a problem with our meal but seeing as the food is good we decide to come back. The staff (Kim supervisor) was rude to the point of throwing an amended receipt at us... Read full review
- lazenby28Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWe don’t normally do SundayTuesday, 4th August 2020We don’t normally do Sunday lunch early which is why we don’t venture out but for a change thought let’s do lunch at Lamp Room! 1x pork and I was greedy had the trio of meats nice big square plates... Read full review
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Parking (free)
- Visa accepted
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Wednesday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Friday - Saturday||09:00||- 23:00|
* We are open every day of the year except for Christmas Day