The Lamp Room is a family run bistro holding a prime position on Seaham's seafront with amazing views of the North East Coast.
We pride ourselves on our fantastic freshly prepared food, locally sourced where possible and our friendly, approachable staff.
During the day we serve breakfast from 9am-11.30am with everything from a locally sourced bacon sandwich to our very own invention; the Miners Benedict, a twist on the eggs benedict but with Doreens black pudding and crispy Parma ham. Lunchtime starts at noon with dishes such as our Seaham Chowder, fresh half lobster and even our very own 'Parmo'. Our dishes are prepared fresh to order and we use fresh ingredients as much as possible.
Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday we serve fresh tapas, steaks and seafood from 5pm which again is all prepared fresh on the premises and usually served to a full house of customers who offer great reviews and return again and again.
We have a full alcohol licence and offer a concise selection of wines and beers. Cocktails are added to the menu to accompany our evening service with the famous Porn Star Martini being a firm favourite.
Our Sunday lunches are substantial and extremely popular with fresh roast meats, seasonal vegetables, huge Yorkshire puddings and all the trimmings.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good165
- danielledent84Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing can’t wait to returnThursday, 27th February 2020I have wanted to try this restaurant for so long and I am so pleased I finally got round to it. The staff were lovely especially Georgia, so friendly and chatty and put us at ease. There was a blonde... Read full review
- 783georginacTrip Type:FamilyGood FoodSunday, 8th March 2020Great food, friendly staff. Sometimes food service is a little slow but place is always busy so you can understand why. Great selection and very well presented!! Read full review
- jillc544North Shields, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLockdown teaThursday, 28th May 2020Got food delivered tonight and it was delicious. I’m a regular in non-lockdown and the quality of the food was as great as a delivery as it is in house. Made lockdown very special x Read full review
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Parking (free)
- Visa accepted
|Open New Year|
|Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2020)|
|Monday - Wednesday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Friday - Saturday||09:00||- 23:00|
* We are open every day of the year except for Christmas Day