The Lamp Room is a family run bistro holding a prime position on Seaham's seafront with amazing views of the North East Coast.
We pride ourselves on our fantastic freshly prepared food, locally sourced where possible and our friendly, approachable staff.
During the day we serve breakfast from 9am-11.30am with everything from a locally sourced bacon sandwich to our very own invention; the Miners Benedict, a twist on the eggs benedict but with Doreens black pudding and crispy Parma ham. Lunchtime starts at noon with dishes such as our Seaham Chowder, fresh half lobster and even our very own 'Parmo'. Our dishes are prepared fresh to order and we use fresh ingredients as much as possible.
Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday we serve fresh tapas, steaks and seafood from 5pm which again is all prepared fresh on the premises and usually served to a full house of customers who offer great reviews and return again and again.
We have a full alcohol licence and offer a concise selection of wines and beers. Cocktails are added to the menu to accompany our evening service with the famous Porn Star Martini being a firm favourite.
Our Sunday lunches are substantial and extremely popular with fresh roast meats, seasonal vegetables, huge Yorkshire puddings and all the trimmings.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good161
- nialls_angelSunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely LunchSaturday, 21st September 2019Food at the lamp room is always good , hence the fact it’s full even on a boring Monday lunchtime ! I never find the service particularly welcoming , but the rest more than makes up for that. I love... Read full review
- Rowza91Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat foodSunday, 22nd September 2019Been a few times now on Sunday’s for our breakfast. Lovely food and great service . Recommend to all Read full review
- Colin PLondonLovely lunchThursday, 26th September 2019We went to the Lamp Room for lunch with my parents yesterday. From the outside, you might well not realise what a little gem it is. It has a cracking extensive menu, and all of our food was spot on... Read full review
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Ramp to main entrance
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's menu
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- Parking (free)
- Visa accepted
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Monday - Wednesday||09:00||- 17:00|
|Friday - Saturday||09:00||- 23:00|
* We are open every day of the year except for Christmas Day