AboutOften referred to as 'one of the best kept secrets in Durham', picturesque Tudhoe village is a quiet backwater, where on the village green you’ll find the family run Green Tree 1727 Country Pub and Restaurant. A beautiful 280-year-old dalestone inn, only 4 miles from Durham City.
A warm welcome is always assured from your hosts the Hopson family. With home cooked quality fayre served all day, everyday 12pm till 8.30pm Monday to Saturday or our delicious Sunday Roasts served Sunday 12pm till 2pm in our 60 seated restaurant.
Our lovely beer garden provides the perfect place for your little ones to run off steam in our brand new play area, while you enjoy one of our Cask Marque ales or sample our wine list comprising a mix of old and new world varieties.
It’s a great picturesque venue for weddings, christenings, funerals, those special occasion parties or corporate away days
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|A la carte||£4.95 average price per head|
|Dinner - 2 course||£7.90 average price per head|
|Lunch||£4.45 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£6.45 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good92
- davybroon78Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySuperbWednesday, 3rd July 2019An example of how a village pub should be ran. Great beer, simple but delicious menu, and excellent friendly staff that never stopped grafting and working together, but always smiling. A credit to... Read full review
- missy232890Bishop Auckland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAverage Sunday lunchThursday, 18th July 2019Myself and my mum decided to give the green tree a try as we do like going out for Sunday dinner The place itself is lovely, like the idea that it’s dog friendly Got seated straight away decided on... Read full review
- David CSunderland, United KingdomBusy, noisy place, but few people actually dining during our lunchtime visit.Friday, 16th August 2019Tried this new-to-us pub with restaurant for lunch yesterday. Don't think I'd have been able to access in my wheelchair, so struggled inside using walking stick - well, it was built during 18th... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 65 in restaurant plus 15 in lounge
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction - Beer garden.
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|