AboutOften referred to as 'one of the best kept secrets in Durham', picturesque Tudhoe village is a quiet backwater, where on the village green you’ll find the family run Green Tree 1727 Country Pub and Restaurant. A beautiful 280-year-old dalestone inn, only 4 miles from Durham City.
A warm welcome is always assured from your hosts the Hopson family. With home cooked quality fayre served all day, everyday 12pm till 8.30pm Monday to Saturday or our delicious Sunday Roasts served Sunday 12pm till 2pm in our 60 seated restaurant.
Our lovely beer garden provides the perfect place for your little ones to run off steam in our brand new play area, while you enjoy one of our Cask Marque ales or sample our wine list comprising a mix of old and new world varieties.
It’s a great picturesque venue for weddings, christenings, funerals, those special occasion parties or corporate away days
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|A la carte||£4.95 average price per head|
|Dinner - 2 course||£7.90 average price per head|
|Lunch||£4.45 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£6.45 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good97
- g0rgiarTrip Type:FamilyFamily Funeral - First Class ServiceThursday, 23rd January 2020We recently held a family funeral at The Green Tree and from start to finish they were brilliant. They took all the worry out of it and showed compassion and sensitivity. The buffet was beautiful... Read full review
- themoochingpeanutDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayHidden gem, but pick your table carefullySaturday, 29th February 2020Although this pub is a little set off the beaten track, it’s a lovely little country style venue, even though it’s actually not that far from Spennymoor centre itself. There’s a selection of either... Read full review
- CattyC01Spennymoor, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfect Village PubFriday, 6th March 2020The Green Tree in Tudhoe Village is lovely little village pub. The staff are so welcoming, the food is amazing and the setting is perfect. Definitely worth a visit just for the amount of Gins they... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 65 in restaurant plus 15 in lounge
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction - Beer garden.
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
Directions and printable map available on www.thegreentree.co.uk