AboutOften referred to as 'one of the best kept secrets in Durham', picturesque Tudhoe village is a quiet backwater, where on the village green you’ll find the family run Green Tree 1727 Country Pub and Restaurant. A beautiful 280-year-old dalestone inn, only 4 miles from Durham City.
A warm welcome is always assured from your hosts the Hopson family. With home cooked quality fayre served all day, everyday 12pm till 8.30pm Monday to Saturday or our delicious Sunday Roasts served Sunday 12pm till 2pm in our 60 seated restaurant.
Our lovely beer garden provides the perfect place for your little ones to run off steam in our brand new play area, while you enjoy one of our Cask Marque ales or sample our wine list comprising a mix of old and new world varieties.
It’s a great picturesque venue for weddings, christenings, funerals, those special occasion parties or corporate away days
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|A la carte||£4.95 average price per head|
|Dinner - 2 course||£7.90 average price per head|
|Lunch||£4.45 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||£6.45 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good98
- James MDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent food and atmosphereTuesday, 3rd November 2020Had a good meal in a pleasant old pub on Tudhoe Village Green. Good menu with plenty of choice for all including vegan and vegetarian options. Warm and welcoming, very pleasant staff. A must find... Read full review
- 243aimeekTrip Type:CouplesOur favourite localWednesday, 4th November 2020I have been coming to the Green Tree for years, fantastic food, wonderful staff and a lovely cosy atmosphere. The covid measures put in place by the pub have been excellent and we have felt very safe... Read full review
- susaneN8900BQTrip Type:FamilyGreat place, food and staff 😍Thursday, 5th November 2020We have been here several times over the last few months. The food is always fabulous, the staff always friendly and welcoming (despite these trying times) and we always feel safe as their covid... Read full review
- Eat Out to Help Out
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 65 in restaurant plus 15 in lounge
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction - Beer garden.
|Season (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
Map & Directions
Directions and printable map available on www.thegreentree.co.uk