AboutOften referred to as 'one of the best kept secrets in Durham', picturesque Tudhoe village is a quiet backwater, where on the village green you’ll find the family run Green Tree 1727 Country Pub and Restaurant. A beautiful 280-year-old dalestone inn, only 4 miles from Durham City.
A warm welcome is always assured from your hosts the Hopson family. With home cooked quality fayre served all day, everyday 12pm till 8.30pm Monday to Saturday or our delicious Sunday Roasts served Sunday 12pm till 2pm in our 60 seated restaurant.
Our lovely beer garden provides the perfect place for your little ones to run off steam in our brand new play area, while you enjoy one of our Cask Marque ales or sample our wine list comprising a mix of old and new world varieties.
It’s a great picturesque venue for weddings, christenings, funerals, those special occasion parties or corporate away days
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|A la carte||from £4.95 to £9.45 average price per head|
|Dinner - 2 course||from £7.90 to £21.90 average price per head|
|Lunch||from £4.45 to £13.95 average price per head|
|Sunday Lunch||from £6.45 to £7.95 average price per head|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good83
- Gill RTrip Type:CouplesFriendly staff in pleasant surroundingsTuesday, 11th December 2018A nice place if a bit lacking in atmosphere. Very pleasant staff. We went on a Saturday evening. Both of us opted for steak which was cooked as we asked for. We'd definitely visit again but not for a... Read full review
- Diane RTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliant.....Friday, 14th December 2018Out with friends last night, one of us is vegetarian. The welcome and service was fabulous and the food was gorgeous. Couldn't find fault at all. Dying to go back. Thank you Green Tree xx Read full review
- H6281RNmichaelrDurham, United KingdomExcellentMonday, 17th December 2018Took a seat in the cosy bar next to the fire loads of character this place, tried a bite to eat which was muscles in shells with a french sauce one of three sauces to choose from, they came in a pan... Read full review
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 65 in restaurant plus 15 in lounge
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- Outdoor Attraction - Beer garden.
|Season (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Monday - Sunday||12:00||- 23:00|
|Bank Holiday||12:00||- 23:00|