In an area known for its rare sea glass, following a complete refurbishment The Seaton Lane Inn is the newest jewel in Durham’s heritage coast area.
Make this treasure-of-an-inn close to Seaham, Sunderland and Durham’s Heritage Coast your find and check-in to this stunning new-look inn.
With an imaginative new look where the outdoors is brought indoors with quirky accessories and bold, botanic-styled wallpaper and prints, there are plenty of quiet corners to relax over drinks or a meal. The jewel in the crown is a stunning new orangery complete with plant wall, chandeliers and water feature.
The Seaton Lane Inn’s well-equipped en suite bedrooms leave a lasting impression for all the right reason. Rated AA four star, think statement wallpaper, upholstered headboards, soothing dove-grey hues and subtle metallic finishes. There are deeply comfortable beds and calming heather-checked carpets to pad upon. And you even get your own sleep kit. Designated pet friendly rooms are also available.
With a coveted AA Dinner Award under his belt, inspired head chef Tony Hall specialises in flavour-packed dishes. Traditional favourites like homemade steak and ale pie with melt-in-the-mouth pastry rub shoulders on the menu with seasonal treats like lamb cutlets with heritage potatoes or crisp-skinned pan fried sea bass with samphire. Desserts including coconut, rum and lime panna cotta and a moreish homemade rocky road are guaranteed to hit a sweet spot.
Raise a glass from The Seaton Lane Inn’s brimming drinks menu – from local real ales to craft beers, cocktails and speciality gins to a fine array of teas and coffees from famous local institution Ringtons.
The Seaton Lane Inn is perfectly located for exploring the best of the North East. Whether you dream of traversing the beautiful beaches on the North East coast, exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Durham Cathedral and Castle, paying a visit to Beamish Museum, Washington Wetland Centre, the National Glass Centre in Sunderland or Souter Lighthouse, shopping until you drop at intu Metrocentre or Dalton Park shopping centre or exploring Newcastle or Sunderland city centres, you’ll find it all within easy reach of The Seaton Lane Inn.
With Durham County Cricket Club, the Stadium of Light and St James’ Park nearby, it’s the perfect base for sporting fans too. Watch a game and then celebrate with a cold craft beer on your return.
NEW: Walk-Inn Breaks
Love walking? Book onto our brand new Walk-Inn Break and discover Durham and the North’s beauty with ease. Join us for a two-night bed and breakfast break, with dinner on the first night, and enjoy a welcoming pint on arrival! We’ll supply a delicious packed lunch to take with you each day, along with a waterproofed O/S walking pack, containing a range of classic walks of various lengths and abilities. Book direct here to claim this offer.
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 28th Sept 2021
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 29th Sept 2021
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single occupancy||£105.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Get Away for Less dinner, bed & breakfast||£57.50 per person per night|
|Twin En suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy of double or twin room £75. Look our for special dinner, bed and breakfast rates at The Seaton Lane Inn from £57.50 per person,per night.
- 4 AA Gold Stars Inn
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good To Go 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good90
- DawnMarieSmith1972Vale of Glamorgan, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFab little findFriday, 27th August 2021Due to coming up from Wales to purchase a boat we had to get a hotel, found on Booking.com and was pleasantly surprised. Welcome good, rooms lovely and comfy, food and drinks spot on. Good night... Read full review
- jackybrown8Sunderland, United KingdomStunning decorSaturday, 28th August 2021Stayed here for one night, arrived in bar asked where we check in told at bar to be told only supervisor can check you in waited 10 MINUTES he then handed card (don't know why it takes a... Read full review
- explorer5762Chesterfield, United KingdomDelightful SurpriseTuesday, 14th September 2021Booked this at the last minute due to change in circumstances for our trip to Seaham. Was very surprised upon arrival. The pub/bar where you eat and also where you check in was really old world... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Accept coach parties
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* The Seaton Lane Inn is open all day, every day 365 days a year for food, drinks and accommodation.