The Seaton Lane Inn
Tel: +44 0191 581 2038
In an area known for its rare sea glass, following a complete refurbishment The Seaton Lane Inn is the newest jewel in Durham’s heritage coast area.
Make this treasure-of-an-inn close to Seaham, Sunderland and Durham’s Heritage Coast your find and check-in to this stunning new-look inn.
With an imaginative new look where the outdoors is brought indoors with quirky accessories and bold, botanic-styled wallpaper and prints, there are plenty of quiet corners to relax over drinks or a meal. The jewel in the crown is a stunning new orangery complete with plant wall, chandeliers and water feature.
The Seaton Lane Inn’s well-equipped en suite bedrooms leave a lasting impression for all the right reason. Rated AA four star, think statement wallpaper, upholstered headboards, soothing dove-grey hues and subtle metallic finishes. There are deeply comfortable beds and calming heather-checked carpets to pad upon. And you even get your own sleep kit. Designated pet friendly rooms are also available.
With a coveted AA Dinner Award under his belt, inspired head chef Tony Hall specialises in flavour-packed dishes. Traditional favourites like homemade steak and ale pie with melt-in-the-mouth pastry rub shoulders on the menu with seasonal treats like lamb cutlets with heritage potatoes or crisp-skinned pan fried sea bass with samphire. Desserts including coconut, rum and lime panna cotta and a moreish homemade rocky road are guaranteed to hit a sweet spot.
Raise a glass from The Seaton Lane Inn’s brimming drinks menu – from local real ales to craft beers, cocktails and speciality gins to a fine array of teas and coffees from famous local institution Ringtons.
The Seaton Lane Inn is perfectly located for exploring the best of the North East. Whether you dream of traversing the beautiful beaches on the North East coast, exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Durham Cathedral and Castle, paying a visit to Beamish Museum, Washington Wetland Centre, the National Glass Centre in Sunderland or Souter Lighthouse, shopping until you drop at intu Metrocentre or Dalton Park shopping centre or exploring Newcastle or Sunderland city centres, you’ll find it all within easy reach of The Seaton Lane Inn.
With Durham County Cricket Club, the Stadium of Light and St James’ Park nearby, it’s the perfect base for sporting fans too. Watch a game and then celebrate with a cold craft beer on your return.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single occupancy||£105.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin En suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy of double or twin room £75.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2023
- Very Good112
- jarbon267280Trip Type:CouplesShort break on Durham coastSunday, 4th June 2023We were impressed with the cleanliness of the inn, the staff were very friendly and welcoming and efficient. We enjoyed the food and the room was very clean and comfortable. The inn was sited... Read full review
- donna30_11Middlesbrough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesStay for a wedding nearbyMonday, 5th June 2023Excellent service. Food was really good and not overly expensive. Rooms spacious and clean. Could do with larger cups at breakfast to save getting up numerous times or put coffee/ tea at tables when... Read full review
- AndyT0422United KingdomFantastic staffTuesday, 6th June 2023The downside was we had to book for 2 nights but the location was spot on for the wedding we were going to, at Dalton old pump house so we booked. First night we had an evening meal which was well... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Accept coach parties
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* The Seaton Lane Inn is open all day, every day 365 days a year for food, drinks and accommodation.