In an area known for its rare sea glass, following a complete refurbishment The Seaton Lane Inn is the newest jewel in Durham’s heritage coast area.
Make this treasure-of-an-inn close to Seaham, Sunderland and Durham’s Heritage Coast your find and check-in to this stunning new-look inn.
With an imaginative new look where the outdoors is brought indoors with quirky accessories and bold, botanic-styled wallpaper and prints, there are plenty of quiet corners to relax over drinks or a meal. The jewel in the crown is a stunning new orangery complete with plant wall, chandeliers and water feature.
The Seaton Lane Inn’s well-equipped en suite bedrooms leave a lasting impression for all the right reason. Rated AA four star, think statement wallpaper, upholstered headboards, soothing dove-grey hues and subtle metallic finishes. There are deeply comfortable beds and calming heather-checked carpets to pad upon. And you even get your own sleep kit. Designated pet friendly rooms are also available.
With a coveted AA Dinner Award under his belt, inspired head chef Tony Hall specialises in flavour-packed dishes. Traditional favourites like homemade steak and ale pie with melt-in-the-mouth pastry rub shoulders on the menu with seasonal treats like lamb cutlets with heritage potatoes or crisp-skinned pan fried sea bass with samphire. Desserts including coconut, rum and lime panna cotta and a moreish homemade rocky road are guaranteed to hit a sweet spot.
Raise a glass from The Seaton Lane Inn’s brimming drinks menu – from local real ales to craft beers, cocktails and speciality gins to a fine array of teas and coffees from famous local institution Ringtons.
The Seaton Lane Inn is perfectly located for exploring the best of the North East. Whether you dream of traversing the beautiful beaches on the North East coast, exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Durham Cathedral and Castle, paying a visit to Beamish Museum, Washington Wetland Centre, the National Glass Centre in Sunderland or Souter Lighthouse, shopping until you drop at intu Metrocentre or Dalton Park shopping centre or exploring Newcastle or Sunderland city centres, you’ll find it all within easy reach of The Seaton Lane Inn.
With Durham County Cricket Club, the Stadium of Light and St James’ Park nearby, it’s the perfect base for sporting fans too. Watch a game and then celebrate with a cold craft beer on your return.
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 5th Dec 2023
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 6th Dec 2023
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single occupancy||£105.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Twin En suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy of double or twin room £75.
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good118
- Explore17786557173Great works stopoverTuesday, 21st November 2023Fantastic accommodation , service and food . Stayed for two nights with work as I could not get in my usual hotel. Really impressed with this unassuming little gem of a place. Rooms were lovely... Read full review
- Gillian BDisappointingSaturday, 25th November 2023Not what it used to be…….service was ok. Drinks prices were different on two occasions. I challenged this but was told this was the price ( there was a 70p difference for the same drink) Food was... Read full review
- joannewaters9Lowestoft, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySeaton Inn HotelWednesday, 29th November 2023Excellent value for money exceptional food and very friendly helpful staff. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling that way. Could not fault any part of our stay. Would be our first... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Accept coach parties
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
* The Seaton Lane Inn is open all day, every day 365 days a year for food, drinks and accommodation.