In an area known for its rare sea glass, following a complete refurbishment The Seaton Lane Inn is the newest jewel in Durham’s heritage coast area.
Make this treasure-of-an-inn close to Seaham, Sunderland and Durham’s Heritage Coast your find and check-in to this stunning new-look inn.
With an imaginative new look where the outdoors is brought indoors with quirky accessories and bold, botanic-styled wallpaper and prints, there are plenty of quiet corners to relax over drinks or a meal. The jewel in the crown is a stunning new orangery complete with plant wall, chandeliers and water feature.
The Seaton Lane Inn’s well-equipped en suite bedrooms leave a lasting impression for all the right reason. Rated AA four star, think statement wallpaper, upholstered headboards, soothing dove-grey hues and subtle metallic finishes. There are deeply comfortable beds and calming heather-checked carpets to pad upon. And you even get your own sleep kit. Designated pet friendly rooms are also available.
With a coveted AA Dinner Award under his belt, inspired head chef Tony Hall specialises in flavour-packed dishes. Traditional favourites like homemade steak and ale pie with melt-in-the-mouth pastry rub shoulders on the menu with seasonal treats like lamb cutlets with heritage potatoes or crisp-skinned pan fried sea bass with samphire. Desserts including coconut, rum and lime panna cotta and a moreish homemade rocky road are guaranteed to hit a sweet spot.
Raise a glass from The Seaton Lane Inn’s brimming drinks menu – from local real ales to craft beers, cocktails and speciality gins to a fine array of teas and coffees from famous local institution Ringtons.
The Seaton Lane Inn is perfectly located for exploring the best of the North East. Whether you dream of traversing the beautiful beaches on the North East coast, exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Durham Cathedral and Castle, paying a visit to Beamish Museum, Washington Wetland Centre, the National Glass Centre in Sunderland or Souter Lighthouse, shopping until you drop at intu Metrocentre or Dalton Park shopping centre or exploring Newcastle or Sunderland city centres, you’ll find it all within easy reach of The Seaton Lane Inn.
With Durham County Cricket Club, the Stadium of Light and St James’ Park nearby, it’s the perfect base for sporting fans too. Watch a game and then celebrate with a cold craft beer on your return.
What more could you want? Book your overnight stay or short break now.
- Arrival Date:
- Fri , 20th Sept 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sat , 21st Sept 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single occupancy||£105.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Get Away for Less dinner, bed & breakfast||£57.50 per person per night|
|Twin En suite||£105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy of double or twin room £75. Look our for special dinner, bed and breakfast rates at The Seaton Lane Inn from £57.50 per person,per night.
- 4 AA Gold Stars Inn
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2019
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good78
- F6560GRjaynemTrip Type:Solo travelRoom.16 dog and owner heavenWednesday, 11th September 2019I booked 2 nights just me and my dog for a little R&R from day to day life. Most dog friendly rooms are old and tired but this place was amazing! The room was modern clean and so comfy. The food was... Read full review
- WebboLondonOrsett, United KingdomLovely overnight stayMonday, 16th September 2019We stayed as a family of four (and one dog) for an overnight stay on our way up to the Borders. The room was brand new and exceptionally clean. It was decorated in very good taste and had... Read full review
- thomas bChester, United KingdomTwo night stayMonday, 16th September 2019Very modern pub outside Seaham, A little too far to walk to the seafront, We got the train into Newcastle which is a very good service, The pub is very well run with friendly local staff, The rooms... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Accept coach parties
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests use
- Ironing facilities
- Pets accepted
- WiFi Available
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|Open New Year|
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* The Seaton Lane Inn is open all day, every day 365 days a year for food, drinks and accommodation.