The Lambton Worm has 14 en-suite bedrooms, all recently refurbished to a high standard in a contemporary, boutique style and well-appointed with modern luxuries. They comprise beautifully ornate furniture including large comfortable beds, a spacious wardrobe and a dressing table with matching stool. Each room is equipped with the facilities needed to ensure a comfortable stay, including a flat-screen Freeview TV, Bluetooth stereo speaker dock and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathrooms devour modern suites with either a shower cubical or bath with shower, a charging point for electricals and a heated towel rail.
The ground floor comprises a pub and restaurant with very good standards in both food and drink, having been refurbished and re-opened as a Sonnet 43 brewery tap in 2013. Sonnet 43 Brew House, is its craft brewery based a few miles away in Coxhoe, County Durham, producing beer that is all taste and heart. The brewery’s ethos - ‘For the love of beer’ – was used to inspire the ideal setting to enjoy great beer with the best of British cuisine.
Located in North-East England, The Lambton Worm is conveniently placed just a short drive to the A1 motorway. With good public transport links, this allows for easy access to the North East's most famous sights and tourist attractions including: The Durham Cathedral heritage site, historic Durham City, Newcastle City Centre, the Baltic Art gallery & Millennium Bridge, Metrocentre, Beamish museum, the Angel of the North and the Riverside Cricket Stadium. There is also free parking in the on-site car park.
Choose The Lambton Worm to eat, drink, stay and enjoy!
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 24th Jan 2019
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 25th Jan 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double/twin zip link en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2016
- AA AA Dinner Award 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good66
- BR613OttawaTrip Type:Friends getawayCharming with all the mod consThursday, 22nd November 2018Comfortable room with all the amenities and quiet, which I had requested when booking. The place is more pub than hotel, steeped in history and character. A narrow-stepped staircase leads to the... Read full review
- Jjwm8102Trip Type:CouplesNeeds some TLCMonday, 17th December 2018Some good points, Hot water, shower very good, bed comfortable,friendly staff, food is very good Disappointments Bedroom and pub need a make over badly, it needs painting, TLC all round. Windows... Read full review
- nicky hDarlington, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat steak mealThursday, 10th January 201911 quid only for an amazing steak, starter and drink. Excellent selection of local beers too. The prawn cocktail and soup starters were yummy. The rump steaks week massive and really tender. The... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|