The Lambton Worm has 14 en-suite bedrooms, all recently refurbished to a high standard in a contemporary, boutique style and well-appointed with modern luxuries. They comprise beautifully ornate furniture including large comfortable beds, a spacious wardrobe and a dressing table with matching stool. Each room is equipped with the facilities needed to ensure a comfortable stay, including a flat-screen Freeview TV, Bluetooth stereo speaker dock and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathrooms devour modern suites with either a shower cubical or bath with shower, a charging point for electricals and a heated towel rail.
The ground floor comprises a pub and restaurant with very good standards in both food and drink, having been refurbished and re-opened as a Sonnet 43 brewery tap in 2013. Sonnet 43 Brew House, is its craft brewery based a few miles away in Coxhoe, County Durham, producing beer that is all taste and heart. The brewery’s ethos - ‘For the love of beer’ – was used to inspire the ideal setting to enjoy great beer with the best of British cuisine.
Located in North-East England, The Lambton Worm is conveniently placed just a short drive to the A1 motorway. With good public transport links, this allows for easy access to the North East's most famous sights and tourist attractions including: The Durham Cathedral heritage site, historic Durham City, Newcastle City Centre, the Baltic Art gallery & Millennium Bridge, Metrocentre, Beamish museum, the Angel of the North and the Riverside Cricket Stadium. There is also free parking in the on-site car park.
Choose The Lambton Worm to eat, drink, stay and enjoy!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double/twin zip link en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £80.00 to £100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2016
- AA AA Dinner Award 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good55
- Dawn BWashington, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely StayThursday, 7th December 2017We stayed at the lambton worm midweek,rooms are lovely, quirky in a boutique style. Staff are all really friendly. We are in the restaurant, they have a bar menu which looked nice and a restaurant... Read full review
- Tim FChesterfield, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessGreat food. Good service. Nice atmosphere. Clean guest rooms.Thursday, 23rd November 2017A nice surprise, stumbled across it as needed a room, really pleased. Food quality was great, and I loved the bar ambience. For once somewhere where the music volume is spot-on! Staff great and... Read full review
- GB61GBBelper, United KingdomTrip Type:Businessgreat valueSunday, 12th November 2017Booked here last minute and really wasn't disappointed! although we arrived a little later than planned, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Rooms were "unique" if a little off the wall but... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2018)|