The Lambton Worm has 14 en-suite bedrooms, all recently refurbished to a high standard in a contemporary, boutique style and well-appointed with modern luxuries. They comprise beautifully ornate furniture including large comfortable beds, a spacious wardrobe and a dressing table with matching stool. Each room is equipped with the facilities needed to ensure a comfortable stay, including a flat-screen Freeview TV, Bluetooth stereo speaker dock and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathrooms devour modern suites with either a shower cubical or bath with shower, a charging point for electricals and a heated towel rail.
The ground floor comprises a pub and restaurant with very good standards in both food and drink, having been refurbished and re-opened as a Sonnet 43 brewery tap in 2013. Sonnet 43 Brew House, is its craft brewery based a few miles away in Coxhoe, County Durham, producing beer that is all taste and heart. The brewery’s ethos - ‘For the love of beer’ – was used to inspire the ideal setting to enjoy great beer with the best of British cuisine.
Located in North-East England, The Lambton Worm is conveniently placed just a short drive to the A1 motorway. With good public transport links, this allows for easy access to the North East's most famous sights and tourist attractions including: The Durham Cathedral heritage site, historic Durham City, Newcastle City Centre, the Baltic Art gallery & Millennium Bridge, Metrocentre, Beamish museum, the Angel of the North and the Riverside Cricket Stadium. There is also free parking in the on-site car park.
Choose The Lambton Worm to eat, drink, stay and enjoy!
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 24th July 2019
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 25th July 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double/twin zip link en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- AA AA Dinner Award 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good70
- traceychipperfield19Newcastle, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyNew summer menuThursday, 27th June 2019Four of us ate here last night, we had the new summer menu, wow what can I say, the choice of starters alone was amazing, great choices, very tasty well presented would recommend you try it, you will... Read full review
- Pushkin2000Trip Type:Friends getawayAn excellent stayTuesday, 2nd July 2019Visiting the Riverside for cricket World Cup was looking for a convenient hotel. Really struck it lucky with the Lambton Worm. It was excellent value for money. The room was small but perfectly... Read full review
- Don19645Doncaster, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCricket Stop Off..Wednesday, 10th July 2019We chose the Lambton Worm as it was close to Chester-le-street cricket ground. We were not let down in any way.. Rooms are quirky & do the job. Lovely breakfast & Bar Meals.Excellent value, Staff go... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- WiFi Available
|2019 (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|