From the moment you catch a glimpse of the wonderful 1693 Georgian façade, you know you are somewhere special.
The Blackwell Grange Hotel is a stunning 17th Century mansion, which enjoys an enviable setting in the beautiful County Durham countryside.
Nestled in wooded parkland on the outskirts of Darlington and located between the North Yorkshire Moors and the Pennines, yet only forty-five minutes from the historic cities of York and Newcastle, Blackwell Grange provides a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
After a busy day exploring the North East, or a day of hectic meetings, relax in the leisure club situated on-site at Blackwell Grange. You can enjoy a dip in the heated swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, sauna and gym.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£99.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Executive Double Room||£119.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Executive twin rooms||£119.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Four poster Suite|
|Twin en suite||£99.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Sole Occupancy prices from £89
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good440
- Fearless62350417874Excellent room and food but breakfast could do with some improvementSunday, 29th October 2023Fabulous sized room. Decor is excellent and contemporary. Very large and comfortable bed. Restaurant looks good and we found food to be of great quality and value. We had lunch and dinner and food... Read full review
- Vanda GCareful, it is kot like they show on the fotosFriday, 17th November 2023Horrible and dirty bedroom and spa. I got the number 227 bedroom and it was disgusting, very old and ugly furniture bathroom was a mess . I do not recommend because you don't get what they announce... Read full review
- Diamond280Northallerton, United KingdomFreezing Cold !Sunday, 3rd December 2023The restaurant and bar areas were freezing cold , the lovely open fire heat was disappearing up the staircase and even sitting near the fire didn’t make any difference to the cold environment. This... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - 100% non smoking
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Cot - travel cot available on request
- Facilities for children
- Hot Tub
- Indoor pool
- Swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 250 spaces.
- Available for wedding receptions
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - 17thC
- WiFi Available
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Awaiting inspection
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
|2023 (1 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
|2024 (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)|
Map & Directions
Located South of Darlington Town Centre.
From A1 South – (J57) take A66M signposted Darlington. At the second roundabout take second exit on A167. Hotel is 500 yards on the left. From A1 North – (J59) take A1667 towards Scotch Corner. We are situated on A167 about 1.5 miles from central ring road.
Public Transport Directions
The A1 (M) is less than 10 minutes from the hotel and Darlington railway station on the East Coast mainline is also close by with links to London’s Kings Cross St Pancras just two and a half hours away.
Nearest Train Station – Darlington 1 mile.
Nearest Airport – Durham Tees Valley 6 miles.