From the moment you catch a glimpse of the wonderful 1693 Georgian façade, you know you are somewhere special.
The Blackwell Grange Hotel is a stunning 17th Century mansion, which enjoys an enviable setting in the beautiful County Durham countryside.
Nestled in wooded parkland on the outskirts of Darlington and located between the North Yorkshire Moors and the Pennines, yet only forty-five minutes from the historic cities of York and Newcastle, Blackwell Grange provides a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
After a busy day exploring the North East, or a day of hectic meetings, relax in the leisure club situated on-site at Blackwell Grange. You can enjoy a dip in the heated swimming pool, spa, solarium, sauna and gym – or enjoy a pre-booked treatment in our beauty salon.
- Arrival Date:
- Tues , 17th Sept 2019
- Departure Date:
- Wed , 18th Sept 2019
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£99.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Executive Double Room||£119.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Executive twin rooms||£119.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Four poster Suite|
|Twin en suite||£99.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*Sole Occupancy prices from £89
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good389
- BeachBhuddaLeeds, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessNice hotelTuesday, 27th August 2019Stayed for 1 night on b&b basis. Check in was smooth I asked for a quiet room and they put me above the service so not very quiet. Wasnt too bad though. Breakfast was nice and plentiful. I would... Read full review
- Lisa WTrip Type:CouplesLovely couples relaxSunday, 8th September 2019We booked this room last minute amd when we arrived it was a nice view leading up to the period house. Then as we drove around the back to find a car park space we were disappointed to find the... Read full review
- Climber66563658914OK as a baseSaturday, 14th September 2019On arrival everything looks grand but on closer inspection, things were not quite as good as they were made out to be. Reception staff were a bit hit and miss with their customer service, as were the... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - 100% non smoking
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Cot - travel cot available on request
- Facilities for children
- Access to golf course - Blackwell Grange Golf Club.Special rates are available to guests of the Hotel.
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Multi-gym and weights room. Beautician.
- Indoor pool
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 250 spaces.
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - 17thC
- WiFi Available
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Awaiting inspection
Map & Directions
Located South of Darlington Town Centre.
From A1 South – (J57) take A66M signposted Darlington. At the second roundabout take second exit on A167. Hotel is 500 yards on the left. From A1 North – (J59) take A1667 towards Scotch Corner. We are situated on A167 about 1.5 miles from central ring road.
Public Transport Directions
The A1 (M) is less than 10 minutes from the hotel and Darlington railway station on the East Coast mainline is also close by with links to London’s Kings Cross St Pancras just two and a half hours away.
Nearest Train Station – Darlington 1 mile.
Nearest Airport – Durham Tees Valley 6 miles.