From the moment you catch a glimpse of the wonderful 1693 Georgian façade, you know you are somewhere special.
The Blackwell Grange Hotel is a stunning 17th Century mansion, which enjoys an enviable setting in the beautiful County Durham countryside.
Nestled in wooded parkland on the outskirts of Darlington and located between the North Yorkshire Moors and the Pennines, yet only forty-five minutes from the historic cities of York and Newcastle, Blackwell Grange provides a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
After a busy day exploring the North East, or a day of hectic meetings, relax in the leisure club situated on-site at Blackwell Grange. You can enjoy a dip in the heated swimming pool, spa, solarium, sauna and gym – or enjoy a pre-booked treatment in our beauty salon.
- Arrival Date:
- Sat , 25th Jan 2020
- Departure Date:
- Sun , 26th Jan 2020
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£99.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Executive Double Room||£119.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Executive twin rooms||£119.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Four poster Suite|
|Twin en suite||£99.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*Sole Occupancy prices from £89
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good397
- edwardfZ4287XGTrip Type:CouplesFantastic Reception and Friendly StaffSaturday, 18th January 2020Booked the January package for myself and my partner. Had an exceptional time, staff was friendly, food was incredible. Special thank you to Becky on reception, incredibly bubbly, helped us with all... Read full review
- 21aimeebTrip Type:CouplesDrSaturday, 18th January 2020Check in was fantastic lovely and bubbly but yet very professional I would definitely recommend this place and have such a polite person at front desk I will definitely Be back and food was really... Read full review
- couldbeyouDurham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNice placeThursday, 23rd January 2020Went for an event so I'm the price was DBB. The check in was early which was good so pool was nearly empty. But it was really small and couldn't accommodate more than 4 doing lengths. That aside the... Read full review
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available - 100% non smoking
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
- Cot - travel cot available on request
- Facilities for children
- Access to golf course - Blackwell Grange Golf Club.Special rates are available to guests of the Hotel.
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Multi-gym and weights room. Beautician.
- Indoor pool
- Spa bath
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 250 spaces.
- Country house
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - 17thC
- WiFi Available
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Awaiting inspection
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Map & Directions
Located South of Darlington Town Centre.
From A1 South – (J57) take A66M signposted Darlington. At the second roundabout take second exit on A167. Hotel is 500 yards on the left. From A1 North – (J59) take A1667 towards Scotch Corner. We are situated on A167 about 1.5 miles from central ring road.
Public Transport Directions
The A1 (M) is less than 10 minutes from the hotel and Darlington railway station on the East Coast mainline is also close by with links to London’s Kings Cross St Pancras just two and a half hours away.
Nearest Train Station – Darlington 1 mile.
Nearest Airport – Durham Tees Valley 6 miles.